Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rental-type bindings on skiboards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, just got some skiboards / snowblades on ebay. They have rental-style ski bindings on them, the type where you can move the toe and heel pieces. There are markings on the toe piece for the sole length, which is self-explanatory... but on the heel piece there are a whole series of letters and numbers, like this:

ABCGHIJOPQRWXYZ
CDEFKLMNSTUV12345

Can anyone tell me what these mean?

With the toe piece set for the correct sole length, I can set the heel piece so that the cup is between half a centimetre and one centimetre from the boot heel (with the binding released and the boot resting on the tongue of the heel piece) - or I can go back another notch and have it about one centimetre away... which is better?

Any clues as to whether I should use the same DIN settings as for ordinary skis?

Ta!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I will be kind and leave aside the style issues of blades Very Happy

What type of binding are they? salomon?

If they are Salomon then the adjustment instructions are on page 10 of the salomon technical manual: PM your -email and I can send a copy or just google it and download it.

1. Make the adjustment with a clean boot and no
snow on it.
2. Using a power screwdriver or the drill that you
use for mounting bindings (4 Nm), separate
the bails to allow for the placement of
the boot.
3. Put the toe clip in the high position.
4. Move the bails closer together by putting the
lever in a vertical position (fig.2).
Important: do not put the bails in the
riding position (fig.3), to prevent the risk of
breakage.
5. Stop tightening the screw once the lever
touches the end of the boot sole.
6. Check the adjustment with the boot in the
binding: you should be able to pull the lever
back with moderate pressure (3 daN).
7. Once the adjustment is finished, remove the
boot and read the mark indicated on the scale