Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will there be any Sunday to Sunday bookings January 1st 2012?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Everything I seem to search for is from Saturday 31st December. I want to start a hol on the 1st for various reasons. Is the option of turning up a day late with DIY but then I'm paying NYE prices.

Any help appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
garethjomo, I normally have a Sunday changeover, but won't be doing so for Christmas or New Year . You can't get anyone to come and clean or meet guests on Christmas Day or New Years day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
garethjomo, think some of the TOs are using Mondays so Mon 2nd, might be an option for you??
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
garethjomo, Our usual changeover is Saturday or Sunday in the s/c chalets, and flexible in the catered Chalet-Hotel. At the moment we are flexible on Christmas week arrival day, as long as vacated by Tuesday 27th (for reasons Hells Bells advises) when the New Year guests (already booked in all properties) will arrive. It's a bit of a nightmare, but worked OK this season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think some TOs are offering a 9 day New Year break.

The school hols/demand are what usually bring up the price of the holiday, and school hols start early next Christmas 18th Dec-4th Jan, meaning most people who stick to school hols won't be able to get away for New Year - prices might not be too bad.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
garethjomo, This year we needed to start our weeks hol on Sat 1st Jan. We stayed that night at a hotel at Geneva airport and then got an early transfer on Sun 2nd. In resort by 10.30, stayed in P and V apartments which were ready for us (had rung them a few days earlier to let them know we would arrive early) and then were out on the slopes late am.
Suited us and didn´t pay NY prices for the week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For France the situations is as follows:

Of the big charter TO's, Inghams will be doing Fridays. The others with standard Saturday are still doing Saturdays but aiming to have all flight departure slots as 1 or 2 (the early ones). The exception is likely to be in Turin based resorts such as Serre Che which might have to suffer Mondays.

Those with standard Sundays are likely to move to Mondays as indicated above.

If you are driving and going for Christmas there are lots of special offers of 8 nights for 7 allowing you to arrive on Friday 23rd for the same price which might be a popular solution.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy