Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill factore carving lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone had a carving lesson at the chill factore? Would you recommend?

I would class myself towards an intermediate skier, allthough I don't know what classes you as a beginner/inter/expert? I can ski down blues and reds but now want to develop techniques to improve my skiing. I've been watching a few carving video lessons, and tried it out at the chill factore, tried pole planting and I think I'm doing the right things with my legs, wondering if a lesson would help before I go away, then I have a week to put it into practice.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You might change your mind about lessons at CF when you check the cost of them. I know I would
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a look the other day, I think it was around 45quid for 1hr 50mins.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd wait and have lesson(s) in the mountains then practise. £45 would buy you an hour private lesson.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sellerselectrical wrote:
wondering if a lesson would help before I go away,
If you have a good instructor then yes they would be able to help with your technical development. If you don't have a good instructor the chances of improving will obviously be a bit lower.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sellerselectrical,

http://www.chillfactore.com/price-list/lessons

I'm sure they used to be more than this, but still £100 for 50 min private lesson Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.chillfactore.com/ski-board/ski/advanced-clinics

theres the lesson price, obviously wont be a private lesson for that but may get me going with a technique for holiday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ask on here for recommendations for an instructor in the area you are going, book a couple of hours one on one for the first day.
plenty of time to practice afterwards, wont spend more than half your very expensive lesson waiting behind beginers falling off a drag lift as you would at CF.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 3-03-11 0:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

£45 would buy you an hour private lesson.

It would buy you 1.5 hours in off peak weeks in a smaller resort.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sellerselectrical, for £45 worth a pop if you fancy it IMO. You might find that there are not (m)any others booked on it anyway.

I have a fair bit of experience at CFe as my son skis there regularly, there are some excellent instructors/coaches there. OK so £45 would buy you a 1- 1.5 hour private lesson in a resort but at least at CFe it would a very focussed lesson with a native english speaker.

I don't think you would 'waste half your lesson there behind beginners falling off the drag lift' either rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy