Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine or neaby Alps 4 day trip last weekend in March. Solo Ski companion needed.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am Male 45 lower/intermediate standard skier. Happy to tackle most red runs. Rest of family no longer wish to ski. From Darwen Lancashire so using Liverpool or Manchester Airports.

Cannot manage a full week trip this year due to other work/family commitments but can manage approx 4 day trip end of March. May end up going on own but would be more fun to share. Sociable as well - likes a drink etc.

I am reasonably flexible on destiantion/itinary but have a few proposals.

I particularly would like to go to Flaine as last time I was in that area could not ski much higher up
due to Cloud and ended up in lower resorts. However if someone else would prefer nearby resorts
and come up with proposals re.accommodatione etc then that would be of great interest as well.

Liverpool / Geneva flights (Fitting 4 day trip in depending on accommodation (PPV apt breaks last day is Sunday for example)
Leaving between Wed 30th March - Fri 1st April Returning Sunday 3rd to Tuesday 5th April.
Flight total cost including luggage) around £65 to £105 currently.

return Transfers to resorts such as Flaine, Morzine between 50 to 100 Euros.

Grand Massif Lift PAss - 40E a day.

Ski/boot hire checked on intersport flaine 45% discount so around 60E for 4 days.

accommodation : www.flaine.com links to a few alternatives. I am guessing betwee 400 to 500 euros shared for an aparment for 4days, B&B cost per person likely similar. Open to suggestions.

Would like to book sometime next week as flight prices are faily cheap at the moment but go up as u know nearer to the time.

Please post/pm me if any interest. Suggest phone numbers etc kept private to PMs.

Thanks all,

John
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm off to Flaine on 5th March for the week. If you can't manage the week, try a short break with Action Outdoors (UCPA). All inclusive prices for a week are £700 (full board, lift pass, lessons, kit hire) - no doubt proportionately less for a 4 day trip.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
damobloke1, Thanks I will also get in touch with UPCA and see if they will do short breaks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am interested in Flaine mid week 7 to 10 March. Did UCPA indicate whether there was any chance of booking in for less than one week?

Thanks Derek (they'll be two of us)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Derek I have just this morning managed to get in at Flaine UPCA for 31st March thru 3rd April. They had availability at Chamonix the weekend before.

I would give them a call and ask for other dates.
See
http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/
Number is 0203 328 5443.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy