Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No posh chalets in Corvara?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We were looking for a Chalet in Corvara next year, ideally self-catering (not to save money, but because we like better food than most chalet hosts seem to be capable of!).
However, it seems that it's hard to find a chalet with space and plenty of en-suite that don't have catering included.

So....

1) Can one say to the hosts "don't bother with the cooking, we'll do that"

or

2) What's the smart way to find chalets (probably privately owned) that do have this combination of facilities.

We really like the sound of Colletts, but they seem to be oriented towards those on a lower budget/lower expectations.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thewinelake, Collets Chalet Verena is very good indeed especially the spacious bedrooms with lovely bathrooms en suite, although the bar area could do with sprucing up. The boot room was the best I've ever been in. The food was pretty good too. I am not on a low budget nor do I have low expectations. Their prices don't include flights so I woudln't call it budget end.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thewinelake,
Quote:

2) What's the smart way to find chalets (probably privately owned) that do have this combination of facilities.

I don't know about Corvara (or Italian self catering generally), but in virtually every Austrian Swiss French resort the tourist office have a list of private rentals. Many of which look very desireable though I tend to go for the cheaper end.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah, Verena does sound nice, but it's big - we were hoping to have a chalet to ourselves (just 8 of us).
@T-Bar, thanks - I may try contacting the tourist office (or, if I'm really clever, get someone else to do it...)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I guess it's far easier to do posh chalets in France - and if you want good food, you just need to pay for a good cook. wink My son just got paid 1200 euros to cook for a week for a chalet in Courchevel. Plus the clients gave him a tip big enough to pay for his rail travel from Genoa.

The size of chalet isn't really a problem, is it? In posh chalets, from what I gather, you rent the whole thing, sort out what staff you want, and take your friends. And unless you're a cheapskate you don't fill every bed.

Not the kind of way I ever went on holidays, I have to say!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thewinelake, gotcha, yes, Id say medium size but far too big for 8
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good luck with your search, I've been going to Corvara for a number of years and the only 'chalet' I've heard about to date is Collets Verena. The rest of accommodation in that area is either hotel, pension or private rented apartment.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, I don't think we're quite as posh as perhaps I made out! One of our number is a superb cook (and the others are pretty good). BTW, anywhere on the Sella Ronda would do. I just liked the sound of Colletts.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thewinelake, I reckon I fairly regularly produce food better than you get in ordinary chalets - and given that skiing stops around 4.30 it's not as if you don't have plenty of time to shower, have a drink, prepare supper etc, especially with willing helpers and a decently equipped kitchen.

Hope you find something nice. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pam W - exactly!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy