Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

************** HEADS UP . SALES STARTED*************

Poster: A snowHead
Question often asked on Snowheads.........."when will the sales start?"

Answer............they already have Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley . Picked up a shiny new pair of Atomic Black Eyes last night from Rivington Alpine here in the north west.
(www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/) Lots of stuff reduced including various ski brands. A few snowheads know the shop because of their boot-fitting. Me included.

ps, not connnected to the business in any way other than as a happy punter.

pps.The skis won't get much time to gather dust..........off to Tignes with them on Sunday Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
off to Tignes with them on Sunday

So I'll see you at the airport then!

And for that matter, in resort
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i go to ischgl next week and wanted some boots before i go , is there any point hanging on to see if snow and rock or ellis brigham reduce their prices ?? Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gad, I would doubt it. Going to Ischgl next Friday myself. Don't expect to be able to buy boots cheaper there than here, you'll end up disappointed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GeorgeVII, thanks for the heads up, i'm in the market for some new skis but completely forgot about rivi ski and i'm a local!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
**************** CHRIST . WHAT AN ASSHOLE **********************
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Corky wrote:
gad, I would doubt it. Going to Ischgl next Friday myself. Don't expect to be able to buy boots cheaper there than here, you'll end up disappointed.

ok thanks , i've looked at rivington alpine but don't really fancy any of the boots in there. i'll just have to take the plunge i guess. looking forward to iscghl though Little Angel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gad, Read the boot buyers thread. It ain't about the boots you fancy. It is all about whether they fancy you!

snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish wrote:
gad, Read the boot buyers thread. It ain't about the boots you fancy. It is all about whether they fancy you!

snowHead

Embarassed ok i'll have a look , only i tried the nordicas' on in snow and rock and they just didn't feel right and rivington seems full of nordica stuff , thanks for the advice and bear with me on here , i only registered yesterday Razz
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
gad, You are very welcome, and I assure you I am no expert. On the other hand, it is pretty well known that different boots fit different foot shapes and a good boot fitter will recommend the right shape boot for starters.

Rivington Alpine have a good reputation, though I personally have only come across them at the ski show, and found them friendly and helpful.

Please don't do what a friend of mine did. He bought some boots in Canada because they were in the colours of his favourite football team. They nearly killed him! The team are bottom of the league too!

snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
HOLD, HOLD, HOLD, it's going to be a bumper year for buying skis in the sales, stay away now and wait for the retailers to get desperate.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Bish wrote:
gad, You are very welcome, and I assure you I am no expert. On the other hand, it is pretty well known that different boots fit different foot shapes and a good boot fitter will recommend the right shape boot for starters.

Rivington Alpine have a good reputation, though I personally have only come across them at the ski show, and found them friendly and helpful.

Please don't do what a friend of mine did. He bought some boots in Canada because they were in the colours of his favourite football team. They nearly killed him! The team are bottom of the league too!

snowHead

cheers , i do know about rivington and i know he's sound , i've just been put off with the nordiac 110's in s&r , i've had some tecnica rivals for the last 6 years and am just looking to update to a stiffer pair because in reality my off piste dream is dying a slow death !

p.s. my team are top of the league but i wouldn't let that get in the way of my boot choice Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
HOLD, HOLD, HOLD, it's going to be a bumper year for buying skis in the sales, stay away now and wait for the retailers to get desperate.

totally agree.. scary for the guys trying to make a living from it though
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mugen, Nah, we don't sell skis, other than White Dot and we're not really selling them, just helping the Dotty cause. Buy boots in the sales if you must, our boots get discounted but then you pay for fitting, full price, fitting is free. Donc, Kiff Kiff.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
mugen, Nah, we don't sell skis, other than White Dot and we're not really selling them, just helping the Dotty cause. Buy boots in the sales if you must, our boots get discounted but then you pay for fitting, full price, fitting is free. Donc, Kiff Kiff.

out of interest is there a high initial markup on skis.
latest report
mugen, Nah, the market is dead for a shop with a position like ours, it's a buyers market, so; we like to help people make the right choices, then sell them boots and bindings, perhaps skins too. No sales or no assistance. Twisted Evil
snow report
Mr Technique wrote:

what you on about ?
ski holidays
gad wrote:
Mr Technique wrote:

what you on about ?

he wanted to get noticed, now he has.. job done
latest report
this wil explain

http://www.robertsinclair.net/comic/asshole.html
snow report
landmannnn wrote:
this wil explain

http://www.robertsinclair.net/comic/asshole.html

so it was still pointless
ski holidays
mugen wrote:
gad wrote:
Mr Technique wrote:

what you on about ?

never seen the point of trying to be the big "i am" on an anonymous internert forum rolling eyes
ski holidays
gad wrote:
mugen wrote:
gad wrote:
Mr Technique wrote:

what you on about ?

never seen the point of trying to be the big "i am" on an anonymous internert forum rolling eyes

yup, maybe a cry for help
latest report
Help!
snow conditions
Assistance!
snow conditions
If he was crying for help surely he'd have typed HELP all in capitals with lots of asterisks either side. This would show that his thread was more important than any of the other ones on the page. wink
snow conditions
Nah, that would be a shout for HELP, if crying help, sniff, help would be more appropriate.[/i]
ski holidays
ellis brigham sale starts tomorrow on clothing and skis Very Happy
snow report
Seemed to have started at the weekend in EB at Tamworth, still got the Westbeach Racer jacket middle daughter wanted (apparently her ski jacket isn't cool enough now she can board reds!) £50 cheaper than the sale price from ebay.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davkt wrote:
Seemed to have started at the weekend in EB at Tamworth, still got the Westbeach Racer jacket middle daughter wanted (apparently her ski jacket isn't cool enough now she can board reds!) £50 cheaper than the sale price from ebay.

well i can beat that, got head luggage for 15 quid reduced from 50.. from amazon
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy