Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to work a season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

For those experience seasonaires / travellers I have a question of where to work for my second snowboarding season.

I'm currently working in Obergurgl, Austria - which is a nice resort, but not really fulfilling all of my requiremets.

Im looking for a resort that is:

-Guaranteed snow
-Insane nightlife
-Great for snowboarders / Off piste / Park
-Reasonable Queueing times
-Relatively Cheap / Offers seasonaire rates.

Not bothered, US / Europe.

Can anybody help? I know it's asking a lot, but If i'm spending half a year there, I want somewhere awesome.

Thanks. Wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
av3rage wrote:

-Guaranteed snow
-Insane nightlife

If only.

I haven't been yet, but from what I've heard L2A would tick most of the boxes?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

-Guaranteed snow
-Insane nightlife
-Great for snowboarders / Off piste / Park
-Reasonable Queueing times

2Alpes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
L2A isn't that cheap for Seasonal accommodation mind......... but not as bad as Meribel and Val d'Isere.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're spending half a year there - up your budget and you will get all the boxes ticked that aren't related to freebies. St Anton. Done.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
St Anton. Seasonaire beers are €2.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spikyhedgehog, well there you go then - another box ticked. voila.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another one for L2A or AdH, both exellent off piste, parks and insane nightlife (I lost clothes on nights out in AdH!) at reasonable prices!

If you can take being another number I had a great couple of seasons in Chamonix, budget accommodation can be found but living can be more expensive. Season pass is top value though and bars do seasonairre discounts.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
St Anton if you prefer offpiste, Saalbach/Hinterglemm if you prefer park, Ischgl if you want 'proper' style nightlife.

FWIW I did a season in Anton, loved it, such an awesome place and the offpiste is epic.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What is your priority:-
A season on the lash
A season on the snow

This can make a difference on where to recommend, even within the same ski area.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hemsedal in Norway ticks all the boxes and a little bit different than your usual France/Austria rubbish. Don't suppose you are working with an idiot with initials CS by any chance?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
av3rage wrote:

I want somewhere awesome.

St Anton then. It's not cheap, there can be some queues (e.g at New Year) but otherwise meets your requirements.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sah wrote:
av3rage wrote:

I want somewhere awesome.

St Anton then. It's not cheap, there can be some queues (e.g at New Year) but otherwise meets your requirements.

It is pretty cheap with the workers discount card! Ques rarely get that bad eitheer, apart from the Zammermoosbahn.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wasn't aware of the workers card, never had that in my day wink I'm guessing that helps with the beer but accomodation is still steep, and if you did eat on the mountain thats not cheap (although I've never met a proper ski bum who eats in a mountain restaurant).

I've seen pretty bad queues for the Nasserein gondola at New Year (20 mins+), Zamermoosbahn can be bad (they should never have taken out the Feldherenhuegel drag IMHO) and the Valluga cable car is heaving when it opens after fresh snow, and if it isn't open (e.g. it often won't open right away after a big dump) then Schindlergratbahn can get busy. I've even seen long queues on the Arlenmahder lift on a powder day (so long we actually dropped down to the road and took a taxi to Zuers). In my view it is no where near as bad as some of the French resorts get at New Year and half term, and I think it is less affected by half term holiday crowds, but it is not as queue free as places like the Amadé region for example.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy