Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plagne Information

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I am thinking of going to one of the Plagne resorts - Centre, Belle Plagne or 1800 probably but would like some advice.

My wife is a very timid and can only manage greens and easy blues - we went to Corchevel in January and she was fine on thse greens.

Question: what is Plagne like and what would be the best resort for her to access the easiest runs.

All advice appreciated.

Regards

John
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnbushrod, Hi.

I have been looking at this area as well. Pretty much the same levels for my wife. Tempted for La Plagne Cenre at the Terra Nova.

From what I could see I think Centre showed the most greens (which isnt that many really) but plenty of blues which appear to be relatively gentle wide ones.

Good info to have a search around here:

http://www.laplagnet.com/maps-and-timetables/la-plagne-maps-and-timetables.htm

Interactive piste maps here:

http://www.paradiski.com/skiplan/b2b.php?lang=en

Hope this helps a little at least
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

La Plagne predominantly has blues rather than greens, although there are nursery areas in each of the resort centres. Plagne centre has "La France" which is a short green run served by a chair lift, plus two beginners slopes served by drag lifts.

The blues in La Plagne range quite a lot in difficulty from pretty much green runs through to pretty much red runs so if your wife is a nervous skiier check them out before you take her on them! For gentle ones to start on, the area around Aime 2000 is nice, as are the blue runs above Champagny and the ones from the top of the Bijolin chair lift down towards Montchavin/Les Coches.

La Plagne also has a few slopes called "serenity slopes" which are calmer and quieter with no one whizzing past.

Hope that helps?

Heather
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy