Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Biggest Dump Today

Poster: A snowHead
No not another thread about bowel movements but which resort saw the recent biggest dump of Fresh snow. It would be great if people contributed on dumps all over the world (e.g. Austria, France, Switzerland, Italy, USA, Canada, La Ros, Tamworth, Rossendale etc). Maybe a format of / Date / Resort name / Land / cm of fresh snow / would work. if you've had a big dump and you're pround of it than post it here, pics of your dump would be most welcome too.

I'll start the (snow)ball roliing with 2 .....

01.03.2011 / Sölden / Austria / 35 cm
01.03.2011 / Stubai Glacier / Austria / 35 cm

Please only post if your dump is bigger than the biggest dump quoted in a particular land. Hopefully at the end of each day we will have the details of the biggest dump in each country.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a rather large dump just after lunctime... probably between 10-15cms.... that was in Scotland by the way Smile

Shocked

igmc Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
01/03: Baqueira Beret 45cm, Superbagneres 30cm, Peyragudes 20cm. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
01.Mar.2011: La Ristolas, France, 102cm

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof, I think you might have won today's award, with that one.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof,

Cool!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof, that can't be a recent shot though, last year?

Though if it was recently know where we'll be heading, through Aiguilles and on to Ristolas!

Couple of years ago did a nice tour with Mr Dynafit and friends starting at Le Roux just up from Abries 3km from Ristolas, climbing up to the Bric Froid.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well it was a few days ago (25th/26th Feb) but Mammoth Mt in California had between 32 and 50 inches fall on it.
shoogly, if you had a dump that big, I think you'd need surgery.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

that can't be a recent shot though

why not? There have been some big snowfalls in that part of the world. It's dated yesterday and I hardly think davidof is trying to win "dump of the day" by fraudulent means. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oooooh doh I missed the 01.Mar.2011: La Ristolas, France, 102cm at the top of the photo!

I just thought it was a pretty photo of a dump!

So looks like we* could well be heading into Queyras in a few weeks time, especially with how the forecast is looking forward.

Only been there once and I'm longing to go back as I know our guide is.

*Email of photo and depth of snow now sent to mates Smile

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 2-03-11 11:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does this qualify?
http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/images_Glasgow_Easterhouse_142.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bonneval-sur-Arc Briançon is near Ristolas isn't it? - it only has a total of 120cm base. 102cm of fresh in the 24 hours before 9:00 am 01.03.2011 (when the snow reports come out) is very hard for me to believe. Would need to see more proof before davidof gets the much acredited Snowheads French dump of the day award for 01.03.2011.

http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/France/Bonneval_sur_Arc_snow_report.html

http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/France/

Not much today in Austria ....
02.03.2011 / Hochzeiger - Jerzens im Pitztal / Austria / 10 cm

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 2-03-11 12:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly wrote:
I had a rather large dump just after lunctime... probably between 10-15cms.... that was in Scotland by the way Smile

If that's the diameter you now know what it's like to give birth Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB wrote:
Bonneval-sur-Arc Briançon is near Ristolas isn't it? - it only has a total of 120cm base. 102cm of fresh in the 24 hours before 9:00 am 01.03.2011 (when the snow reports come out) is very hard for me to believe.

Bonneval and Briancon are sperate places with intervening hills and may get very different weather. Briancon is technically in the Southern French Alps and Bonneval in the Northern ones.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Taken at the Solar Coaster on Blackcomb, 16 February. I think we had seven or eight consecutive overnight dumps - over two metres fell in a week.

snow report
T Bar, yes!
latest report
02.03.2011 / Saas-fee / Switzerland / 19 cm

02.03.2011 / Sulden am Ortler / Italy / 40 cm

Switzerland
http://www.bergfex.com/schweiz/schneewerte/?sort=BergNeuschnee24,DESC

Austria
http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/schneewerte/?sort=BergNeuschnee24,DESC

Italy
http://www.bergfex.com/italien/schneewerte/?sort=BergNeuschnee24,DESC

Anybody have a link to fresh snow in France similar to the above links for Switzerland, Austria and Italy?
latest report
Following on from davidof's, photo did email my mate Per a guide who is already out in Queyras

Hi all! Well yesterday I tried to ski one meter of fresh...hard! Jes, the line we climbed was skied a couple of years ago I heard. I have a few
secrets over at the snowy side of the alps...picture was taken yesterday!

And who said the snow was bad this year http://www.cosleyhouston.com/recent/11-02-20-queyras.htm

Looks like we'll be heading over that way in three weeks time then!

ski holidays
How does this not do the job for you

http://www.tetongravity.com/snowlab/
snow report
Looks like the Milky way is looking good at the moment!
snow conditions
OK

DOTD Award (France) for 01.03.2011 goes to davidof

fatbob thanks good link.
snow report
fatbob, because you try finding Ristolas / Queyras on that site!
latest report
Weathercam wrote:
fatbob, because you try finding Ristolas / Queyras on that site!

True nuff.
snow report
18.03.2011 / Sölden / Austria / 50 cm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy