Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tragic death of British gap year student in Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Eighteen-year-old trainee ski instructor Edward De Nunzio died tragically after dropping 16ft from the icy roof in Courchevel on Saturday. ...
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361206/British-gap-year-student-falls-death-French-ski-resort-chalet-roof.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And there by the grace of God go most of us. Sincere sympathies to all that knew him.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sad poor silly kid. Sad I hate the British press sometimes. Why is the value of his parents' house remotely relevant to the story?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, totally agree. I wonder if they had an agent to value the property before thay could wirte the article Puzzled thoughts and sympathy to the family
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Was it 1650 or 1850? Isn't Euan the head coach at New Gen in Courchevel 1850 and Tom is an instructor? Edit: Just seen from teh New Gen page that Dave (diverskify) is the GAP Manager. Awful thing to have happened. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
not nice, but does show a lack of common sense and proves that just by having a privileged education and being clever doesnt give you common sense. posting stuff on facebook about skiing whilst drunk doesnt exactly show his sensible side does it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Sad poor silly kid. Sad I hate the British press sometimes. Why is the value of his parents' house remotely relevant to the story?
Agreed. Also he was listed as going to a £24k a year school, but doubt he boarded as he only lived 10 miles away.

I have had numerous "lacks of common sense" when trollied. I can recall a similar stunt accross a hotel roof in Barcelona, just to rade a fellow tourists mini-bar. Thankfully I lived to tell the tale (which we do frequently when getting together)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
His dad was the former CEO of Asda in the UK.

We all did stupid stuff at that age, he didn't get away with it though.

Families wealth doesn't come into it, unless your bitter, which many (in the general public) are.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So terribly sad when kids' pranks go wrong.

(The article reflects very well on Tom Saxlund/New Gen.)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That article is appalling. Shocked The slant on the writing is truly sickening. I'm sure it's totally relevant that he had a priviledged background.... not. rolling eyes Evil or Very Mad

The story itself, however, is terribly sad. The family (and all at New Gen) must be devastated. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've done just as stupid stuff and luckily enough got away with it.

RIP
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I never could understand why people care weather or not someone is from a rich or poor family, surely what matters is the fact that a young man has had a tragic accident and has died as a result, ok perhaps the accident was his own fault, but I've known plenty of young men and a fair number of young women who have done similar stupid things and their backgrounds went from poor to rich. Why intrude on a families grief with the facts that his parents "live in a £1million house in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, flew out yesterday to the resort of Courchevel, in the French Alps, a favourite of Russian oligarchs and celebrities such as David and Victoria Beckham" Reporting at its worst but then what do you expect from The Mail.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is a tragic story, my feelings go out to the family and friends of the young man. However, anyone who buys/reads the DM should reflect on this. Many young brits lose their lives abroad each year. The only reason the DM chose to report this is the young man's background.

The Daily Mail will exploit anything where they can include house prices, privilege, class, celebrity, Islam etc.

The editorial motto of the DM is "play on fear, greed and outrage"
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
to be fair i think the journalist maybe a junior and therefore as per their training putting in as many facts as possible,i dislike the Daily mail for there doom and gloom reporting but i,m not so sure they are to guilty this time, we,ve all done silly things when drunk and i know a few people who have died( two brothers i knew got drunk got home decided to have chips , deep fat fryer fell asleep you can guess the rest) god look after his family no amount of money can help you when it comes to burying your children
snow conditions
thoughts to the families.
ski holidays
Quote:

as many facts as possible

Hmm. How about his mother's favourite boutique, or the car his father drives, or what make of skis he was using for his instructor training? Or how about a detailed description of his injuries, if possible with a photo?

I'm not even sure about the 5 grade As at A level. It's a tragic "waste" if an 18 year old dies in any circumstances. But would it have been less of a waste if he'd struggled to get 2 low grades at A level and was planning to take up an engineering apprenticeship, or go to the University of South West Renfrewshire to do Business Studies, or join the Army?

Quote:

The Daily Mail will exploit anything where they can include house prices, privilege, class, celebrity, Islam etc.

The editorial motto of the DM is "play on fear, greed and outrage"

is dead right. Trash paper. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
phillip33,
Quote:
to be fair i think the journalist maybe a junior and therefore as per their training putting in as many facts as possible,i dislike the Daily mail for there doom and gloom reporting but i,m not so sure they are to guilty this time.

You're too kind. All stories are subbed. All junior reporters have briefs and are supervised. All stories have to pass the editorial remit. Nothing in the DM gets printed unless it's passed by a senior member of staff. Without doubt, the reporter will know what elements are required for publication (A dead, pissed-up brick-layer in Benidorm is not DM material). There are no naive reports from the Daily Mail, although there seem to be some naive readers.
ski holidays
No doubt that the fact he was the son of Tony de Nunzio made the story more "newsworthy" but the Torygraph made a much more balanced job of reporting the facts...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8350686/Son-of-ex-Asda-chief-dies-in-drunken-ski-resort-prank.html

The DM is absolute filth and I'm often amazed when I see people I'd credited with some intelligence reading it.

Condolences to the boy's family and friends.

I too have been luckier than this young man in my drunken youth...
ski holidays
How terrible. My condolences to his family.
snow report
jzBun, junior reporters don't work for national dailies, and everything goes past the subs desk. If the story is full of irrelevant tosh about house prices, that's because the Mail wants it that way.
latest report
Lizzard,
Quote:
junior reporters don't work for national dailies

Having worked in the media for 10 years I can tell you that young journalists do work for national dailies and are termed junior reporters.

Quote:
everything goes past the subs desk. If the story is full of irrelevant tosh about house prices, that's because the Mail wants it that way

That was the point I was trying to make. Sorry if it wasn't clear...

jzBun
Quote:
All stories are subbed. All junior reporters have briefs and are supervised. All stories have to pass the editorial remit. Nothing in the DM gets printed unless it's passed by a senior member of staff.
ski holidays
Having lost a few pals and rels over the years I've huge sympathy with Edward De Nunzio family. It certainly seems like Edward De Nunzio (trainee ski instructor) had a wonderful future and was intelligent enough to have known better. So is his death anything to do with bravado and peer pressure?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8350686/Son-of-ex-Asda-chief-dies-in-drunken-ski-resort-prank.html

Sincere condolences to his parents.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy