Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alps

Poster: A snowHead
off to L 2 A, any recommendation's food, beer, piste?
Staying with Mark Warner.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Windsor pub on the main drag is a nice place for beer. The Lutins is a snowHeads favourite.

The Berengere is a lovely hotel, great location.

Worth booking to get the helicopter over to Alp d'Huez for a day, but you'll need to do that either on Sunday or Monday as it books up early.

It's a great resort, you'll have wonderful time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Food up the mountain, La Fee or Diable au Coeur, in the town Le Cellier, Les Trappeurs or Takeaway. I like the Lutins bar for a drink too. Pistes, depends what you are looking for, they've also renamed them all this winter. I like the piste formally known as L'Y (black run back to town) .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for the Lutins. Chalet de la Fee for good honest grub at not too high a price up the mountain, Diable Au Cour for more serious food. In resort try the Blue Salmon for good French food and a French ambience. Pistes? Depends on what you like, as Colin has said. The Fee sector is quiet, and can provide some good skiing with a bit of a challenge.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles, Blue Salmon is gone Sad Been replaced by something far more pricey.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, that's a shame - it was really good, very French - and considering what you got, not too expensive. Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I was in L2A a few years ago there was a very jolly Madame grilling Toulouse sausages, outside on a BBQ at the bottom of the drags on the glacier. Fantastic mountain food. Is she still there?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As the guys ^ say Fee is nice, but on the Fee 1 run there's a fair bit of flat so probably worth avoiding if conditions are slow and you want/need to get back to Cretes in a hurry!

La Bergerie Kanata over on the Vallee Blanche side serves lovely food. Moules et frites with a beer was €14 when we were out there a couple of months back.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer, Helicopter, bit flash but might do it, what's the name of the people who do it
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski down to town for lunch, it's much cheaper and far more civilized than up on the mountain.
Go to Tribeca at Point 'I' for Brit-free apres beers & munchies.
Get into the Jandri queue at 8.50 for first tracks.
If you're capable, try to get in a guided day at La Grave.
Avoid sitting next to the farting dog in the Windsor.
Grab yourself a day trip to Serre Chevalier or Alpe D'Huez.
Explore deserted runs in Chalance and Fee areas.
Ignore any crap you read about L2A being skiable in a day or two.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
radar wrote:
Kramer, Helicopter, bit flash but might do it, what's the name of the people who do it

It's through the lift office. It's a way that they help to fund the rescue helicopter. It's not cheap, can't remember the exact price, but probably about £50 per person return, and a great way to visit Alp d'Huez.

The only way to arrive in a coastal town is by yacht, the only way to arrive in a ski resort is by chopper. wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moffatross wrote:

Or if you prefer, sit next to it and have an evening of flatulent impunity.

Quote:
Ignore any crap you read about L2A being skiable in a day or two.

Agree. It's not a mega resort, but there's plenty to keep you happy.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
La Bergerie Kanata for lunch. Eat plenty of tea on return to the Berangere as your evening meal may arrive somewhat later than you are used to. Book a table at Le Cellier for the non-catered night.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer wrote:
moffatross wrote:

Or if you prefer, sit next to it and have an evening of flatulent impunity.

Nice idea Laughing But I think I'd need to have a head cold too. My bottom burps smell like rose water next to that hell hound's exhaust. Skullie
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
radar, forgot to mention - easiski for instruction.
latest report
radar, the helicopter is well worth booking if you can! It's 65 euro return. Can't remember the name of the company, sorry, but as Kramer said, it's based in the lift pass office in the centre of town (the main one, just to the right of the Jandri, looking up). When you go into the office, the helicopter booking office is just in front of you (the lift pass bit is to the right). Bear in mind that it's often cancelled due to bad weather (has happened to us a few times) & so they prefer cash for ease of refund... Btw, they do several runs, & it's all a bit of a random scrum regarding who goes first, so you need to adopt a positive attitude to putting yourself forward Toofy Grin Oh, & the front seat is really fun! But the back ones are not bad either Very Happy

Another vote for the Kanata - great food, & great people Very Happy
snow conditions
Jo225, I'll be prepared Very Happy
snow report
radar, Just got back from there, also with MW. The ski host service was good, worth using for an intro even if you don't intent staying with them all week.

If you want to to the chopper trip reception the the Berengere can reserve it for you then you just pop down to the lift pass office to pay. That said I was told snow conditions weren't so good in Alpe D'Heuz so I didn't do the trip in the end. Might have improved when you go though.

Didn't leave the hotel much apart from to ski, but agree on the Tribeca recomendation above.

From the Berengere avoid the gondola queues and head across to the Belle Ettoile chair just behind the hotel. Much quieter. Get up the Crete lift above it before the ski schools make it up there though. If you do the Blue Fee pistes keep plenty of speed as there are some long flats as someone above also mentioned.

I'll also recommend Kanata for lunch, but make sure you have cash as they don't do cards (all the other mountain restaurants I went to did).

Finally, have face protection on you at all times. It could be calm and sunny at the bottom, but several days high winds in places higher up and you get well and truely ice blasted. Certainly good to be able to throw goggles and a balaclava on in such conditions.
latest report
f948lan, Appreciate the tips. thanks
snow report
Kramer, Managed to get to the Windsor, no dog! Did the Helicopter well worth it €65.00, ADH was crowded Belgian and French half term, Sarnne was closed.

Kanata for lunch spot on, interesting toilets!!

Tribeca for dinner spot on food was great big portions, service was slow, got a free limoncello to say sorry

For lunch try Chalet Toura, just down from the cable car and opposite the snow park, big portions, they have a snack bar as well.

Did Pano bar for self service lunch, i made the wrong choice should have gone for burger looked good.

Our first Mark Warner holiday, not bad, would go again
snow conditions
Nearly forgot the Igloo bar in town, is great for food and beer, not to be confused with the gourmand restaurant across the road with the same name.

Ski shop would recommend 2 Alpes Sport Emotion , needed some new poles, was the only shop that sold anything other than Leki, nice people.
snow conditions
radar, was wondering if you'd done the helicopter transfer! Good, isnt it Very Happy
Sarenne is basically a very long green with a bit of interesting stuff at the top, so don't worry, you didn't miss much. If you did some of the other runs up on the glacier, you'll have had a better time than trekking all the way down for the sake of it...

Glad you liked the Kanata as well snowHead
latest report
Jo225 wrote:
Sarenne is basically a very long green with a bit of interesting stuff at the top, so don't worry, you didn't miss much. If you did some of the other runs up on the glacier, you'll have had a better time than trekking all the way down for the sake of it...

Don't wish to open up the Sarenne debate but please...a green!?!

Just to balence the above quote, the Sarenne is a wicked run however does have a flat ending (which seems to be all people remember) but can still be done without unstrapping on a board (although helps if you know whats coming).
snow conditions
manicpb wrote:

Don't wish to open up the Sarenne debate but please...a green!?!

OK, maybe it's more of a 'Val d'Isere' green in places... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Jo225, I've had the Val d'Isere green experience, a bit of a shock!
ski holidays
radar wrote:
Kramer,
Kanata for lunch spot on, interesting toilets!!

Ah yes the toilets Laughing

Did they have the toy remote control crane set out? Provided some good entertainment!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy