Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone any tips, places to visit in Grindelwald

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have booked a package with Inghams to Grindelwald has anyone anything they can recommend ie places to drink, eat, visit etc i quite like to visit a spa / swimming pool or sauna while i am away sometimes i have a massage was even offered 'extras' at one once Embarassed
Anyway any tips would be welcomed
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Theres a very nice big indoor pool in the center of Grindelwald though I'm not sure what other facilities it might offer, plenty of restaurants in the village itself (mainly attached to hotels), Once upon a time I believe there was even a choclatier who did demonstrations a couple of times a day, but I was never there at the right time, resort itself is not huge with just one main line of shops going roughly from the railways station up the hill to the bottom station of the First Gondola, if you want somewhere to go to on a day with no snowsports, Interlaken just down the railway line offers a few different things to see and do
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, thanks for that if the legs get a bit shakey might venture into Interlaken.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andybabes
Restaurant at Bort is excellent for a pit stop on your ski down from the First side.
Also, restaurant opposite Rugenbrau brewery just outside Interlaken is also well worth a visit though is a fifteen minute walk from either Wilderswil or Interlaken West.
Plenty of excellent places to get fed and watered all over Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apple fritters at the Brandegg Hut, on the railway line up to Kleine Scheidegg - lovely easy ski down to it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd second the apple fritters, they are a must! Also the Schnitzel and Chips at Allmendhubel (top of the funicular from Murren) are huge. To be shared. Restaurant at the Hotel Oberland at Lauterbrunnen is also good for meals. Top of Mannlichen also good for lunch.

In case you didn't know, the train to Interlaken is included in your lift pass too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DixieDean, I believe the train to Interlaken is only included in your lift pass if your lift pass is for the whole area (Sportpass Jungfrauregion). If it is only for Grindelwald Wengen (First, Kleine Scheidegg and Männlichen) or Mürren Schilthorn (Sportpass Mürren-Schilthorn) then it is not covered. I'm not sure what a 'Hiking + sledging pass' (For non-skiers) would cover.

There used to be a map showing the different regions and what each pass covered but I can't find it (I think it might have gone when they updated the website a couple of seasons ago)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skierbiggsy, you are, of course, quite right. Here is a link to a map with applicable zones:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/uploads/media/Einzeltarife_Englisch_2010-2011.pdf
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's the exact one I was thinking of - thanks! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bahnhof Buffet at Kleine Scheidegg is great.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi thanks for all the tips i ventured into Interlaken found a mcdonalds and a sex shop .............heavan just kiddin about sex shop , i did pass it but dare not go in. found the fritters at the Brandegg rail junction they were expensive but every mouthful was excellent. Snowboardin was excellent all though the first lift from the town took forever to get to the top [25minutes]. Oh well thats it for another. Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy