Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thermic Boot Warmers

Poster: A snowHead
Quick Question.

I hate having cold feet and always use little hotties toe warmers, which work fine. But as I like my gadgets I was thinking of getting some thermic boot warmer soles fitted.

The question I have is does the sole fit underneath the footbed or on top, as I have custom foot beds I will only want them if they fit underneath. Oh and are they any good.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi

They fit on top but the element is very thin. You need to cut a slit in the footbed to pass the cable through so it runs underneath the footbed and out the heel of your liner. The element is then covered by a self-adhesive cover that comes with them.

I've just come back from my first trip using them and they definitely make a difference. They won't heat your boots up, they just keep them warm, so really important to keep you boots (or liners) warm overnight. I left mine on the dryer until I got back from dinner and then took them upstairs overnight.

Only thing to watch is the switch seems to move easily - buy some fabric sticking plaster to tape them at the setting you want (only ever needed them at the lowest) first thing in the morning.

Happy toes Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Be aware although they work the base model (which I have) is made of very cheap plastic and can break or distort easily. Also the connector that plugs into the unit is prone to being bent over when you get on chair lifts and cracking. Keeps your toes warm tho
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kel, what trundlebunny, said.

Thy are very effective, very thin and miles better than those hotties things.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes they are good. Brilliant in fact. If you like gadgets get the remote control ones.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

If you like gadgets get the remote control ones.

If you like gadgets and have lots of money, get the remote control ones.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, Laughing Quite true, they're not cheap.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
pam w, Laughing Quite true, they're not cheap.

Notncheap, but good value Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

If you like gadgets and have lots of money, get the remote control ones.

I was tempted by those as an Xmas pressie for the pure gadget factor but glad I didn't - apart from the end of one day up on a high glacier I really didn't need to change the temperature and I suffer from raynards so pretty sensitive to cold feet. That said, the remote ones give you a choice of about 10 temperatures rather than the standard 3 (2 really as the top setting is too hot to use for more than a minute or so).

What I will say is that it's worth going for the 'supermax' level as the charging unit is significantly lighter and charges a hell of a lot faster than the 'max' version.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

good value

Well, to save that kind of dosh I don't actually mind bending down once or twice during a day and flicking the wee switch on the back of the boot. wink Cheapskate, me?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If such esteemed Very Happy 's aspam w, rob@rar, &CEM, (who's reputation goes before him) think these are worth while I think I will get a set fitted.

Thanks also to trundlebunny, for your helpful reply.

Will it be cold enough in Les Arcs week after next to warrant this purchase, probably not. And how do I justify me having warm boots and my 1 week a year 2 hours a day OH not having them Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's not just the remote control (although I do find that useful), the battery pack is smaller and lighter on the expensive model (they use Lithium ion batteries rather than NiMH batteries). Make sure that you buy the clip which allows the batteries to be worn on your boot's booster strap on the side of your foot. The usual place, mounted on the rear of the boot, makes the batteries susceptible to damage from being struck by chairlifts.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:
. Make sure that you buy the clip which allows the batteries to be worn on your boot's booster strap on the side of your foot. The usual place, mounted on the rear of the boot, makes the batteries susceptible to damage from being struck by chairlifts.

You pre-empted my next Q.

Tails of new skis, however annoying getting marked in lift queue is unavoidable, get over it. Having Thermic battery pack smashed (and rendered useless) by chairlift is somewhat different.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kel, did you order the clip thingy? Just thought that I should have done.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hells Bells wrote:

No but my son is going to chill factore tomorrow and he will get me one from S&R.
snow report
Hells Bells,

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psAffiliateSet.cgi/710046|froogle
snow report
Kel, thanks. Wondering if CEM had any that was all, as it will save me the postage, we don't have Ellis Brigham near by, and local S&R told me they don't stock them.
snow report
Hells Bells, I got booster strap clips from CEM.
ski holidays
rob@rar, thanks. I totally forgot when I called them to pay to ask for the straps. They're posting them off in the morning so may be too late by then to catch them.
latest report
Kel wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:

No but my son is going to chill factore tomorrow and he will get me one from S&R.

No clip thingys at S&R, if I understood the conversation I had when I ordered correctly, then no one will be there tomorrow. Just ordered from EB £3.50 P&P Shocked I was tempted to bypass and go into Manchester city centre on my way to the airport next Saturday. Somehow I dont think that would go down too well Very Happy Very Happy .
snow report
Kel, S&R or Solutions for Feet? I didn't order mine from Snow and Rock.
snow conditions
Hells Bells,

To clarify I think Colin is long gone by now and has left the posting to someone else. S&R dont stock, EB do stock.
snow report
Kel, no Eb around here, and I am not paying postage of £3.50 on a item that costs £7.
Colin has gone to Bormio I am aware of that.
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:
[b]Kel[/b I am not paying postage of £3.50 on a item that costs £7.

I know it hurt me too. But smashing the back of the battery pack on the chair or doing a 60 mile round trip just to get em would hurt even more wink .

You do get 10% off with Smile discount though so that did cushion the pain somewhat Laughing .
ski holidays
Kel, hmm, no so much that I can't find some in Serre Chevalier though. I've got a 200 mile trip to my nearest EB.
ski holidays
Kel, managed to find some post free from Sail and Ski, I've ordered from them before I think.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, Boot warmers and strap adapter arrived today, fit them earlier. Wow they really do work.

Tip: when fitting cambrelle insoles ensure that the fabric will overlap your footbed all the way round before removing backing, then do not trim as per instructions but overlap to inside. I am sure the cambrelle would start peeling away from the footbed if fitted as per instructions.

I'm just doing the first charge/discharge on setting 3 and it is HOT
latest report
Kel, I won't be fitting mine until we get to France next weekend . In fact I probably won't be fitting them at all, that's what husbands are for.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Michelle, they have to be good at something............... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Mine safely arrived on Tuesday too , strap adapter coming.
ski holidays
Quote:

Tip: when fitting cambrelle insoles ensure that the fabric will overlap your footbed all the way round before removing backing, then do not trim as per instructions but overlap to inside. I am sure the cambrelle would start peeling away from the footbed if fitted as per instructions.

Not sure it matter, my bootfitter did mine and he trimmed off the excess - seem fine. "Stickiest stuff known to mankind" I think was the phrase he used - certianly seemed to be sticking to the scissors like nobody's business. That said, sure folding it underneath works fine too.

Quote:

I'm just doing the first charge/discharge on setting 3 and it is HOT

Yup! Mine decided to switch themselves onto setting 3 of their own accord on the first day - that was interesting. The switch feels quite stiff but they still managed it (must be the snow pixies!).

Here's to toasty toes Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy