Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance Query - no enough ski days on annual policy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

a flight home and probably a week or so in a hotel.

my son's girlfriend cracked a bone in her spine snowboarding in St anton. Helicopter to private clinic, a couple of months in a full body plaster, regular hydro (and other) therapy. she stayed with her Dad who has a flat in Zurich, because he works in IT, for one of the banks. If she had had to fly home in a full body plaster it would have cost a very great deal of money and staying in Switzerland would have done too, if she didn't have a parent living there.

It doesn't need a big injury to make travel v expensive - my daughter in law needed 3 seats on a scheduled BA flight, and private ambulances both ends, with her leg in a full support after an ACL injury.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A flight home at short notice can work out to be very expensive too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But carre neige do repatriation as well as rescue. See www.carreneige.com/telechargements/flyer/carre_neige_flyer_gb.pdf for details.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
landmannnn wrote:
Worth thinking about what you get for your travel insurance in Europe, your ehic card covers the medical expenses so why bother with it? If the worst happened you would have to find the cost of a flight home and probably a week or so in a hotel.

Well, depending on the type of injury, the airline might not want you. Let's take the example of a nasty like a spinal injury - An air ambulance with doctor and nurse on board will cost the thick end of £20k.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
landmannnn wrote:
Worth thinking about what you get for your travel insurance in Europe, your ehic card covers the medical expenses so why bother with it? If the worst happened you would have to find the cost of a flight home and probably a week or so in a hotel.

Well, depending on the type of injury, the airline might not want you. Let's take the example of a nasty like a spinal injury - An air ambulance with doctor and nurse on board will cost the thick end of £20k.

Plus the insurance company knows the right numbers to call, and is better able to do so than a punter lying on his back, feeling rather woozy, in a French hospital.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Several people are being unfair on the Ski Club over the 14 day issue. The Ski Club offers three levels of policy giving 14, 21 or unlimited numbers of days of skiing, there are some other factors that vary between the three levels. Many people only ski for one or two weeks per year and so a 14 day limit is plenty big enough for them. You make your choice and pay your money! Three years ago I had the Europe-only policy and then wanted to travel to Africa; my policy only had a month or two remaining. A quick phone call to the Ski Club Insurance people and the remainder of my policy was upgraded to cover worldwide travel for (as best as I recall) under £10. The underwriters have changed since I made that change but the Ski Club people were very helpful.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've exceeded my 21 days maximum in an 12 month period that comes with my first directory annual travel insurance - which incidentally included excellent cover for my partner who broke his leg in Meribel in March. I donIt think I will be risking the "I've only had 14 days skiing" thing mostly because my bank can tell from my bank account activity when I've been in ski resorts over the last year!

I'm just going to pick up a single trip policy for the EoSB I think - probably the Direct Travel one - unless anyone can advise differently?

Cheers
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SareP, I looked at the first directory option, but I discounted it as it was too restrictive for off-piste skiing.

I have generally used the SCGB insurance but changed this year to a Direct Travel annual policy. I've also taken out a single trip policy with them for my Son for next week. It provides the cover I want at a very reasonable price.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy