Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

B&B in Saalbach for 4/5 nights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hoping the hubby & I can manage a few sneaky days skiing next year. We have only ever skiied in Lofer and really looking for good blue slopes. Saalbach looks interesting. Looking for a B&B for 4/5 nights.

So firstly do you recommend Saalbach and can you recommend a B&B.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saalbach's ace, depending on what you want. I've stayed in Haus Franziska before, small but nice, and I'd guess cheap (I was put up there by the ski school when the instructo normal accomm was full this Christmas). 5 minutes walk form the Schattberg gondola/bars.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Massive thumbs up for Saalbach. Nothing too extreme. If you have a couple of weeks experiene you should cope easily with most of the pistes in the area.
Great Apres, easy to move between the linked areas.
Why only 4/5 nights? You deserve a full week.
There is quite a lot of private rental apartments down on the main road if you look and dont mind a little walk to the slopes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we are going to Lofer with the kids for New Year and trying to get a few nights away together without the kids and dont think we could manage a week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In that area, Hinterglemm would be great as well as Saalbach. I think that the runs further up the Glemmtal are slightly easier than those east from Saalbach, i.e. from the Bernkogel westwards is easier.

EDIT: Embarassed - got my east and west mixed - now corrected.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kohlmais in particular has loads of easy blues, great area for learners. Email the tourist office for more BnB recommendations.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2waterford, PM me if you would like a copy of my "Rough Guide" to Saalbach-Hinterglemm, covering recommended ski runs and itineraries, bars, restaurants, etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy