Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer needed from Munich to Badgastein?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone advise for a transfer from Munich to Badgastein please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno, Depending on the time of day OEBB portal suggests you can go by train from Munich Airport to Bad Gastein with 1 change in about 4 hours which is a bit longer than by road but depending on how many sharing would be cheaper than by car, I reckon

edit: there's a shuttle 8 times a day http://www.gastein.com/mmdb/1/2/1970.pdf at 140 euros each round trip
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can take the train the whole way, with one change at Munich East (and sometimes another at Salzburg)

I don't know how this compares price wise with alternative transport.

The site accepts English, put in Munich Airport to Bad Gastein

http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, andytb, Thanks very much both - it's not for me though, before anyone asks Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno, I seam to remember it's something like 170 euro on the train return from Munich - the prices will be online. If there's quite a few of you and depending on how long you go for, you may find it's cheaper to hire a car. I went for a weekend with my brother last year and it was cheaper to hire a little car to get there than take the train.

The train takes about 3 hours and there are direct trains about every 2 to 3 hours I think. You'll still need to get into Munich from the airport.

I'd also look at a taxi - it sounds really expensive but I think you'll be supprised. Try this:

www.gasteintaxi.at

Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
^ You can get the train from the airport. Get your tickets in advance - I got a first class return to Bischofshofen for €60 last year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went from Munich to Zell last Wed, 3 of us travelling. Did not pre-book train tickets, bought them in the airport on arrival. Changed trains at Schwarzach which I noticed was only 8 minute connection to Badgastein. Price for 3 people out was €170. Return they gave us a ticket Zell to Salzburg for €70 and a seperate "Bayern" ticket which covered the much longer distance from Salzburg to Munich. This ticket only cost €31 and was valid for up to 5 people.
So total return fare of €90 each, reckon Badgastein would be same or less.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We took the 'taxi' option to Bad Hofgastein last April, booked in advance, because for four of us the convenience of not having to lug our gear around, and the time saved waiting around was worth the extra expense (not that much more than the train - and it was door to door). We used the grand sounding www.austria-limousine.at Service - the owner/driver, Erich was a lovely guy, utterly reliable. He has a large, new VW mini-van.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy