Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

600cm Base, Sierra Nevada!

Poster: A snowHead
Well, while many Alpine ski resorts have not had much snow since the turn of the year, Spains Mediterranean mountain ski resorts couldnt ask for anything better than currect conditions. I think we all may be going skiing to the wrong places, i may head out to spain next year! Very Happy

Here is the current snow depths!!!

Borreguiles: 150 - 600cms
Veleta: 150 - 350cms
Laguna: 120 - 300cms
Lomar De Dilar: 120 - 300cms
Rio Monachil: 120 - 200cms
Parador: 120 - 200cms

http://www.sierranevada.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57%3Asnow-report&catid=56%3Ageneral-information&Itemid=229&lang=en
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heading out there March 13th , have been there the last two years in March for short break and had fab conditions, love it!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think I may be interested for next year, I'm staying in the sierra nevada in august for 2 weeks, what's the chances of any of that snow being left?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ricklovesthepowder, End of june its happens its possible to make Alpine touring at Sierra Nevada, but august, sorry no snow left Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And Spain is a good country for skiing, not only Sierra Nevada
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
freeheelskier, boo!!! Ah well, I will still go for nice walks etc - in the 35c heat! Can you drive up to the very top of the sierra Nevada or is it only accessible on foot?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder, there is a road up to veleta 3398mts, but I think its open only for working on the mountain, Its a wonderful mountain area, dont forget to walk/climb also Mulhaucén 3481mts and Alcazaba 3366mts
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I forget to say, that the ski lifts are open for cycling Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
3hrs drive from my parents place....Hmmmm think a quick trip may be called for.. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Crispyapplepie, need a bag carrier? Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We will have 3 days in sierra nevada then will hit the beach for 3 days,only 1.5 hr drive from sierra nevada,perfect, if you do go, avoid at the weekends,it's mad busy.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just looked at flights, nothing really under £130 Sad Not that i could afford it but if it was dirt cheap i could have done it somehow!!! Ah well, just have to wait until the summer and find a patch of snow somewhere!!! Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
To be fair, it's only the Sierra Nevada that's having such a good season this year. In the Pyrenees, things have been fairly sparse much like the Alps, although hopefully that's about to change. (This is a reverse of last year's situation; no doubt the granadinos are finding that revenge tastes sweet!).

SN is special for many reasons. There's not many places where you can ski with a panoramic view of the sea, and then be on a tapas crawl in a buzzing town 1 hour later. It's also (by some margin) the highest ski resort in Spain; the Pyrenees top out at roughly 2700m lift-served. But seriously, avoid the weekends!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, after lurking this forum for quite some time, I have to post my first question because this made me curious. And the question is: Does anybody really believe these measurements? To me this is obviously a hoax...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
^ Sierra Nevada has been puked on this year. Its sea-effect snowfall has been about two times above-average.

Most resorts' snowdepths are just a relative guide. By reading them regularly, you get a feel for which ones are doing well or otherwise.

I was in Madrid last week and it was cold, so not surprised to see Sierra Nevada doing well snow-wise.

Flying back over the Pyrenees last week was a shocker. Snowline was very high and hills were very brown.
ski holidays
About the snowdeep in Sierra Nevada, 6000m maximum Puzzled thats in the gullies, its alot of time very windy in the same time its snowing. But they have a good season with alot of snow, proberly the most snow for a skiresort in europe, Pyremaniac, There is a lovely view over the sea, but there is more skiresorts that have view over the sea,In spain Valter 2000 Norway 5 resorts, Italy 3 resorts inkluding Mont Etna on Sicily, with the best view in Europe, http://www.etnasci.it/, Croatia 1 resort, 1 in Greece, 1 in Turkey, Even if SN is the biggest resort with this kind of view, the other is not some strange resorts, no its real skiresorts with normaly good seasons, But Weekends in SN is crazy, ski monday to friday, and stay by the beach 1 or 2 days in 1week, thats perfect Very Happy
ski holidays
heading out to SN on the 21st. lets hope the summer doesnt start too early!!!! snowHead
ski holidays
freeheelskier wrote:
but there is more skiresorts that have view over the sea,In spain Valter 2000 Norway 5 resorts, Italy 3 resorts inkluding Mont Etna on Sicily, with the best view in Europe, http://www.etnasci.it/, Croatia 1 resort, 1 in Greece, 1 in Turkey

You missed Scotland! Nevis Range has a fantastic view of the sea which is less than 4 miles away from the base station. [Did you know that Nevis is also the resort with the lowest elevation base station in Europe, at only 100m ]
latest report
And England !
You can see the Solway Firth from Raise.
Its right at the back of this photo.

http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/displayimage.php?photo_id=12278
snow conditions
RobW, and Peter S, Sorry I missed Scotland and England, Embarassed Perhaps because I never have ski there,, wink
snow report
Quote:

[Did you know that Nevis is also the resort with the lowest elevation base station in Europe, at only 100m ]

No I was not know that, But how many days is it possible to ski all the vertical drop? But Narvik In Norway, have the base station on 127mts, and there its possible to ski most everyday all the vertical drop from december to mid April
snow conditions
freeheelskier, that's not the point Wink

The first lift up to around 600m is the access lift and it doesn't get skied all that often.
latest report
scotia, I hope U not missunderstand me,, I want to ski in Scotland, I like what I have seen on photos from wintertime, and I have been there for walking Very Happy
ski holidays
latest report
Here's the sea view from Nevis Range when I skied to the car park. I think it was much better in 2010 though.

https://picasaweb.google.com/neil2829/Nevis7thFeb2009#5301160634674526466
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy