Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm travelling on March 12th.... but to where? We are doing it late deal style this year, (booking around Feb 25th) hopefully to save a few pennies but more importantly to be surrounded by lots of fresh(ish) snow. We want to go to Europe, could anybody tell me where has the best snow? or where there is snow forecast in the coming days/weeks? What resorts are high altitude or just have generally good snow records?

I know its a few weeks away still but any help would be greatly apprecited so we can get the most out of those precious 6 days on the slopes!!!

Thanks Razz
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hey there burtonboy, i'd leave it a while till you book.

a) you'll get a cheaper deal (usually) and
b) you get to check out how the conditions are just before you go and might be able to get a half decent stab at hte forecast too.

just my 2c.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah I'm looking to do the same.........ish!

We are looking at as cheap as poss due to poor finances this year, and going 9/10th for a week. My buddy that goes regularly said snow is crap in Europe this year but unfortunately we don't have a lot of choice, it's all we can afford Embarassed

So anybody have any recommendations at all?? It seems Voss, Norway could be good for snowand perhaps Austria??

TIA
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scotland
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LOL every time I've looked at Scotland, it's been just as much as going abroad Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
olliebonk wrote:
LOL every time I've looked at Scotland, it's been just as much as going abroad Shocked

olliebonk, for the Alps, you're looking at between £500 & £600 for a catered chalet with flights & transfers from your local airport that week although Teletext have some Borovets hotel deals for about £350. Add in a lift pass at £200, ski hire at £150 and a few apres beers at £7 per pint & you're up to £1,000 +

If you've got a car between you, I'd struggle to see how you could get to pay anywhere near that for 6 days skiing in Scotland. Of course, you might not actually get 6 days consecutive skiing in Scotland due to the wild weather but there'll certainly be snow to ski on if the lifts are spinning. Little Angel

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 15-03-11 0:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with moffatross about Scotland. Go for car share and cheap digs - self catering can be as little as £400 for a week or cheap B&B around £25 a night or Youth Hostel even cheaper.

On the subject of the Alps the snow isn't "crap" all over, it just happens to be poor in the places most Brits go, i.e. the north western Alps, namely in France and Switzerland. Other parts of the Alps have quite a reasonable year and even in France high level resorts like Tignes are fine on the whole.

Anyway, if you want to try Scotland there's a Snowheads bash there on the 25th, 26th and 27th so feel free to come along and see - details here
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
moffatross wrote:
olliebonk wrote:

olliebonk, for the Alps, you're looking at between £500 & £600 for a catered chalet with flights & transfers from your local airport that week although Teletext have some Borovets hotel deals for about £350. Add in a lift pass at £200, ski hire at £150 and a few apres beers at £7 per pint & you're up to £1,000 +

If you've got a car between you, I'd struggle to see how you could get to pay anywhere near that for 6 days skiing in Scotland. Of course, you might not actually get 6 days consecutive skiing in Scotland due to the wild weather but there'll certainly be snow to ski on if the lifts are spinning. Little Angel

Well we've just booked a catered chalet in La Tania for the week for £299 including flight and transfers, 2 of us are only doing Courcheval so about £167 for the pass and I got all the gear so no worries there. We're at the bottom of the country and getting 4 adults and equipment up to Scotland would be a faff in the car (not so bad for an hour and a half to Gatwick)..........unless I forked out for a roof rack or we took 2 cars Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LOL cheers Roga
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
olliebonk, no worries - enjoy the holiday, good price Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
olliebonk, that's a very good deal for 9th/10th April. Smile We've just booked a group of 5 the same week in Ischgl for nearly double that. Where did you find it Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Solo Skiers/Boarders living in or south of the Midlands have to weigh up the fuel costs of a round trip drive up to Scotland c/w accommodation,food,& drink, etc. Solo skiers/boarders might find it cheaper to get a late deal abroad and let someone else fly/drive you there and back.

A good nights rest after driving for many hours to get there and a good nights rest before driving home again after a full day on the slopes is imo, a good idea.Yes it adds to the costs but far better than falling asleep at the wheel.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
moffatross, lastminute.com, for a group of 4, £299 pp snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Actually it's also on the Directski website too wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm in Voss at the moment, loads of snow, just had one days heavy rain but it has hardened up the thick base. The snow level is still a metre deep at the lowest level outside the Ski shop! Tip top! There is a nice Youth Hostel in town, but beer is steep to buy down town! Crying or Very sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy