Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe/Chris Reynard - Children's ski holiday left in ruins.

Poster: A snowHead
Shimmy Alcott - Why wouldn't it continue? This is an ongoing issue - there are trips at Easter that are booked with Skiing Europe and look to be in trouble. The longer it continues, the more people find out and subsequently the less people get "done over" by SE and Chris Reynard!

There are factors that keep popping up that people don't know about, and staying in the loop and informing others is the only way some of us can help out!

So long may it continue!!! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LucySki, oh, I wasnt moaning about the thread, I was moaning about SE continuing to wreck people holidays
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I've just heard that Chris Reynard walked into a school today and told them that he didn't have the money to pay for their trip next week. No offer of a refund, no offer of anything.

Sorry Shimmy Alcott, I got the wrong end of the stick but you're right.... HOW are SE still doing this and getting away with it!?!?!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
LucySki wrote:
Well I've just heard that Chris Reynard walked into a school today and told them that he didn't have the money to pay for their trip next week. No offer of a refund, no offer of anything.

... and he walked out with both his legs intact? Missed opportunity there ...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I also hear that there was a County solicitor there that is working for another school who have suffered by the hands of SE..................
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lucyski - where's this school? Which county - how many pupils involved?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LucySki wrote:

Sorry Shimmy Alcott, I got the wrong end of the stick but you're right.... HOW are SE still doing this and getting away with it!?!?!

Was the headmaster astute enough to lock him in a room while police were summoned?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was chatting to someone mid week about a trip they are going on, nothing specific about SE, but reading between the lines I'd guess their trip at Easter could be affected.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has anyone seen evidence of Reynard recently soliciting new business while he cannot fulfil his existing contracts (and now appears to be saying so). There was a mention of him sending out emails in an earlier posting and his website is still looking for new business - but if there are others perhaps they could be posted here and/or reported to Trading Standards. The longer Reynard continues to trade while he cannot pay his creditors or meet his obligations to customers - the greater the risk he faces of a prosecution for fraudulent trading, the longer the sentence if he is found guilty and the more people who will be hurt.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
If I read the above correctly then this guy is still trying to solicit business and funds while claiming he has no cash to pay creditors or enable delivery of contracted services. If we assume this is being done on a personal basis there must be a point in time at which the tipping point into its classification as fraud is passed i.e. he is accepting funds for something he has no prospect or realistic intention of delivering. So instead of playing nicely nicely why aren't parents and schools lodging complaints with their local and Devon police?

It was doen weeks ago. There is a crime reference number with Thames Valley Police. Trading Standards seem to be sat on their hands.

Do bear in mind there is also risk against those taking action against Reynard. He will counter-claim for sure and there-in lies a vicous little circle of worry and pain with no-one so far bold enough to stick their head above the parapet against a skillful and experienced rogue trader.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
LucySki wrote:

Chris Reynard has front

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 6-06-11 8:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A bit sketchy but I'm hearing that one school has decided to take the hit and repay circa £40k to parents for a SE trip that won't happen. Can't find anything reported on the web about it, anyone seen anything.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
daveyladboy - About 47+ students involved.... Down South!!!

noskitrip - I bet it looks good with his golf clubs in the boot whilst he is practising his drive on his custom made golf course in his garden!!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Noskitrip

I very much doubt that if it is R vs Reynard in respect of fraudulent trading that Reynard will try a counterclaim for damages - but if so the Crown is big enough to take care of itself. The more people who make complainst to Trading Standards and/or the Police - then the more the authorities will think that there is a case to investigate and prosecute. I wouldn't advise anyone but lawyers to get into private cases aganst Reynard.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mole Brace School

http://www.shropshirestar.com/education/2011/04/01/shrewsbury-schools-40000-loss-as-ski-trip-axed/

£41,000. Sad
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
A bit sketchy but I'm hearing that one school has decided to take the hit and repay circa £40k to parents for a SE trip that won't happen. Can't find anything reported on the web about it, anyone seen anything.

Unless it is a "community school" the school can't pay parents. It might make nice headlines but it is unlawful to use public funds in this way.
latest report
noskitrip, and they stand zero chance of getting that back.
snow report
noskitrip wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

Unless it is a "community school" the school can't pay parents. It might make nice headlines but it is unlawful to use public funds in this way.
Guess it depends if parents paid the school or gave cheques made out to Skiing Europe. If they paid the school then it isn't public funds they are getting back, it's their own money. If they paid SE then I think you'd be right. What a mess.
ski holidays
Cheques are invariably payable to the school. If this makes a school liable in such circumstances, then this will cause widespread change in the industry already...
lucyski - is this subject to the official secrets act, or something?! Give us a county at least!
snow conditions
daveyladboy wrote:
Cheques are invariably payable to the school.
In that case I can't see any other option than for the schools concerned to pay the money back to parents and pursue the operator.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
daveyladboy wrote:
Cheques are invariably payable to the school.
In that case I can't see any other option than for the schools concerned to pay the money back to parents and pursue the operator.

This is dealt with earlier in the forum thread. Essentially, the school is not the Tour Operator [TO] Parents might sue the school under package holiday regs to get their slice back but the cash will come out of school [educational] funds, so there are few who want to go down that route.

Please post if Reynard is going to any other school. I will organise a bus load to come and meet him.
latest report
daveyladboy - I don't know much.... Just heard it through the grapevine!!! Trying to find out more as we speak!
ski holidays
With the sums involved, I'm curious why no one has filed a statutory demand for re-payment.
snow conditions
I suspect that schools are paying back on advice from lawyers paid for by the local authorities, who are not disinterested parties given that they probably approved SE initially. The schools could argue that they were acting as agents rather than principal (and this would still be the case even if the cheques were paid to the school and the funds were then paid on pretty quickly to SE as is normal practice for travel agents). I very much doubt that the schools making the repayments are acting beyond theie powers but arfe doing so based on legal advice received.
ski holidays
Achilles

They probably fist have to make the demand for repayment from Reynard and give him some time for repayment - the courts would take a pretty dim view of going to court to make a claim straightaway rather than exhausting the normal remedies first. That said the claims from half term cannot be faraway from the courts.
ski holidays
Just a thought. If Reynard is fairly familiar with the ways of courts and lawyers, it may be an idea for anyone making any comments on this thread (and there have been rumours and hearsay posted here) to be darned sure of their facts before posting. It's not unknown for those well versed in the ways of the law to achieve some remarkable turnarounds if supplied (however inadvertently) with the odd unsubstantiatable allegation. From what's been posted he probably doesn't want to go anywhere near a court just yet, but....
snow report
If Mr Reynard is thinking of passing by our school, I am sure there are a number of parents who would like to have a chat with him about his organisational skills and his ability to re-organise an event at short notice as this seems to be a skill that he is gifted in. A lot of us would appreciate his experience in "producing a rabbit from the hat" as we occasionally struggle to cover our costs on PTA and other voluntary events we arrange.

If you are around Chris, give us a call!!
snow conditions
Fatbob - As said previously , if he is trading in the knowledge that he is insolvent and on the basis that he cannot pay his creditors then he is, this is fraud and the police should be involved, forget trading standards, get somebody to phone the police not just in Devon but wherever he has done a runner.

Forget Google or CRO checks, a very quick Dun & Bradstreet report would have highlighted the state of affairs!!!!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
leedsunited wrote:
Fatbob - As said previously , if he is trading in the knowledge that he is insolvent and on the basis that he cannot pay his creditors then he is, this is fraud and the police should be involved, forget trading standards, get somebody to phone the police not just in Devon but wherever he has done a runner.

It's a shame the banksters had a licence to do that.
snow report
laundryman wrote:
leedsunited wrote:

It's a shame the banksters had a licence to do that.

laundryman, What the F*** has that got to do with this Shocked
ski holidays
He appears to live in Richmond.
snow report
lightningdan, Up his own jacksy morelike Laughing
latest report
of 4 schools due to leave yesterday, 3 have not left the UK. So the rich rogue gets richer by 3 more tours ~ £120K - £150k? Puzzled

Shock One school has gone skiing and paying the ski passes and various expenses in addition to the package holiday. Who is crazy enough to travel with Chris Reynard's organisation now?
ski holidays
leedsunited wrote:
lightningdan, Up his own jacksy morelike Laughing

I agree,totally.
ski holidays
MOUNT GRACE _ Ski Trip Update for parents 25/03/11

We have contacted AITO and found that Skiing Europe are no longer bonded by AITO (March) but they were bonded at time of booking and whilst all payments were made. They provided us with the named contact of Mrs Kate Kenwood who is giving us and our solicitors advice.

Skiing Europe is insured by IGI and we have spoken to Mrs Helen Atkinson at STATUS (which is the managing company of IGI insurance). We have sought confirmation that they provide financial protection to Skiing Europe in the event of the Skiing company becoming Insolvent. We have still to receive acknowledgement in writing of this.

We have authorised the local authority solicitors to work with AITO to establish what behaviours by Skiing Europe constitute Insolvency and would trigger an insurance claim for the refunding of monies paid.

We have contacted the LEA Offsite Visits Consultant, Mark Falkingham, for advice and he has given us details of the wider picture showing that we are not the only school or county to be in this position.

We are in contact with Skiing Europe to explore their proposal of an alternative skiing holiday to Kitzbuhel by coach. We are requiring details of their coach company, hotel(s), ski pass providers etc to ensure bookings have been made (and paid for?) and will be honoured.

The cancellation of the Bond with AITO means that our County Insurance Policy does not cover us any longer for any cancellation of travel/hotel but will cover sickness, accidents etc so alternative insurance will have to be explored, if available and if an alternative visit is to go ahead.
Questions and answers to date from LEA legal dept.
Q1. If parents have independent travel insurance would they be better off pursuing this?
A: It is worth making initial enquiries; policies differ.
Q2: Do those who do not go on the alternative trip lose their money?
A: refunds have been promised but whether promises will be kept remain to be seen.
Q3. Is the school insured re. money paid to us? Is there a ‘fidelity guarantee’?
A: This is under investigation by the solicitor.
Q4. Are we talking about an individual committing fraud and what will the impact of that be on the insurance position?
A: Again, this is subject to investigation. Our solicitor has asked IGI for their policy to go through its terms and ‘small print’.
latest report
http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news/education/pupils_given_compensation_after_holiday_blunder_1_845656
not SE this time.
latest report
^ Ski Bound are part of TUI (think Crystal/First Choice). The holiday was booked in January 2010 and the company is only now saying there's no availability/problem with cost of flights rolling eyes
ski holidays
As somebody (me) said on this thread a few weeks ago
Quote:

www.thisissomerset.co.uk article about another cancelled ski trip, by Kings of Wessex School, this time they got let down by skibound... I notice they have the same address in Brighton as Hourmont total ski, who let us down badly 5 years ago - are they by any chance related?

They don't appear to be the same company - but they have identical addresses.
snow conditions
daveyladboy, both TUI, both on same floor of same building, essentially one and the same.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller - thanks for that, now I shall also be giving skibound a very wide berth...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy