Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe/Chris Reynard - Children's ski holiday left in ruins.

Poster: A snowHead
jafa, read the first page:

Under the Data Protection Act individuals and organisations that process PERSONAL information need to register with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), unless they are exempt.

The capitalisation is mine. She was keeping and sharing information on companies, not personal information. So the DPA is not relevant.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jafa, the answer to your own question is in what you have so skilfully cut & pasted there... INDIVIDUALS.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller, first time for everything you know! wink

jafa, tired of beating your silly drum yet? Try reading exactly what I wrote - the operator's knew of my list and referred new leaders in my area to me to ask for the information I had given - no charges, no axes to grind. I simply told them who had been where with whom and when. It was then up to the new leader to ask the organiser of any trip to the resorts they were looking at for more information. rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beat beat,
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have some friends PERSONAL phone numbers stored in my phone and I sent one of them to Mrs B

Oh my god I'm going to jail
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Continue this tedious discussion by all means, but remember that the real issue is why the law and regulatory bodies have failed so appallingly to deal with my one-time employer. I see that someone's maintaining/updating a Facebook site, which carries real names (see right-hand panel for recent postings) ...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Curse-you-Chris-Reynard-of-Skiing-Europe/164795746904061
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris,
you are ok, word just in on yourcase;

http://youtube.com/v/dIv4YnetbnE
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Continue this tedious discussion by all means

Laughing

Pot? Kettle?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott, yes, very nice of Comedy to allow us to carry on. Anyway, hopefully, we've finally straightened out jafa (he's one 'f' short of a fruit) and we can get back to normal.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Comedy Goldsmith Thanks for the post, many of your points had been alluded to before, so it was great to get eyewitness confirmation of Chris Reynard's shabby modus operandi, all those years ago. I thought the programme was good, but agree that the Meole Brace pupils, who had received a refund, probably weren't the most deseréving of the people shafted by Skiing Europe. I'm a teacher, and ski trip organiser, and felt very sorry for the techers invoved. Naive, yes - negligent? No; he was on some local authority approved lists, and had (dishonestly) used the Snowsport England logo on his site - to add a veneer of credibility to Skiing Europe. I recently spoke with a director of Snowsport England about this; he was apallled by Skiing Europe, and added that Reynard was an old letch when he visited their offices, much disliked by the secretaries. He's an embarrassment to the industry and has caused untold damge - putting off many a school from organising trips - a shame as many of us developed our passion for the sport on school ski trips.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
daveyladboy, but maybe it was Meole Brace School that contacted the programme and made it (the programme) possible in the first place? Only fair that they then get the holiday, no?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just watched it on catch up. OK it's Daily Mail TV and cringeworthy in the extreme, but that aside, the bloke is a liar and a thief and needs to be put away.

Sure the schools could have been more careful, but a lot of people with more business experience (and money) than them have been taken in by con men with credible stories in the past. Bernie Madoff suckered in quite a few for quite a few quid. He's now doing 150 years in Jail, maybe Reynard and him could share a cell. Twisted Evil Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Axsman, thank you, VOR! Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So is there or has there been a police fraud investigation ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AndAnotherThing.., I think there was but there was insufficient evidence for the CPS to charge him with Fraud, it's all well and good for everyone to know he's ripped so many people off but proving he did so Fraudulently is apparently somewhat harder to achieve
latest report
As far as the Channel 5 Cowboy Traders exposé goes ...

http://www.channel5.com/shows/cowboy-traders/episodes/skiing

... the car park 'sting' of Chris Reynard begins at 31:00. That was the first time I've seen my former employer and heard his voice since 1976. He seemed a very weathered and withered shadow of the man I recall from 37 years ago.

Reynard's latest 'enterprise' continues its presence on the web ...

http://www.ski-link-ltd.co.uk/ContactUs.html

... with the same address

'How it Works'
http://www.ski-link-ltd.co.uk/How%20it%20works.html

Quote:
Having agreed with the Party Leader what resort, level of accommodation, and other inclusions are required, which would have enabled them to make a very reasonable estimate of the total cost, we ask for a booking agreement and a £500 registration fee.
ski holidays
That is a weird business model - for £500 deposit, and then 3 x £25 per head they act as Google? Wink
All they are doing is putting travellers in touch with a company - no other work apparent...
like the idea, might have to set up my own business on that basis - 100% profit...

to be honest, anyone who buys into that must have quite strange reasons - if you are going to deal directly with the suppliers individually, why would you pay someone else so much for the privilege - if you are not wanting the hassle, then the people you use should actually do the work...

Alasdair
snow report
So far including Companies House and various business directories, I can't find anywhere that actually names the Director(s) of Ski Link Ltd.

I wonder why. wink

The Ski Link website is indeed a wonder of up to date web design. I think I know the instructor in the photo on the How it Works page. If it is he, I can't believe he gave permission for it to be there. Even if it isn't who I am thinking of, what instructor of any integrity would want his photo on this man's website as if giving it approval?

Given the history of Skiing Europe, the choicest bit of the website to me is the sentence on the home page:

Let’s face it, having a ski trip organised for a group can be fraught with problems and can all too often lead to disappointment and frustration.

Who could know better? Outrageous, isn't it.
snow report
ccl, Ski Link Ltd shows one director... a certain Chris Reynard and, unbelievably, it shows him as only ever having one directorship. I think Companies House need to know about all the others!

Quote:
Director Overview

Chris Reynard holds 1 current appointment, has resigned from 0 companies and held appointments at 0 dissolved companies. Chris began their first appointment at the age of 70 and their longest current appointment spans 1 years and 7 months at SKI LINK LTD.

The combined cash at bank value for all of Chris's current businesses is £0, with a combined assets value of £0 and liabilities of £0. Roles associated with Chris Reynard within the recorded businesses include: Director
Registered Details

Short name Chris Reynard
Year of Birth: 1941
Director ID: 916465605
Registered Address

Ide Hill Farm Ball Lane
Farway
United Kingdom
EX24 6DL
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

Ha! 7m55, Dom Littlewood is checking out snowHeads - he hasn't bothered to log in though!

Dom - snowHeads works much better for U if U log in Wink

And 8m10, he's pointing at a snowHeads page on Google.
ski holidays
Thanks Bode Swiller, I didn't find that.
snow conditions
Brilliant research as ever
thanks Smile
latest report
jafa people like you are the reason poor and alarmist decisions under 'heath and saftey' or 'data protection' guises are made (e.g school bans tag from playground or whatver). You seem to lack the capability to understand legislation, or the motivation to educate yourself.

Comedy Goldsmith, good post on the previous page about your exprience working for CR. I hadn't known about the Lyme Bay canoeing tragedy and it is extreemly sad that this was a pattern of behaviour not a one off.
snow conditions
How did this all end up?
snow report
Looks like they still haven't flogged his pad:
http://www.jackson-stops.co.uk/cgi-bin/properties/summary-details.pl?propID=47989#

And Skiing Europe Ltd is in liquidation:
https://www.duedil.com/company/04138384/skiing-europe-limited
ski holidays
While we're at the bump whatever happened to those pricks at AITO including weasel in chief Derek Moore. Ever sorted out living up to that rest assured financial promise?

Derek you're welcome here anytime to explain yourself and your lies.
snow report
Updating this thread ... and the Channel 5 broadcast of 'Cowboy Traders' of 27 June 2013 ...

Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

... the car park 'sting' of Chris Reynard begins at 31:00. That was the first time I've seen my former employer and heard his voice since 1976. He seemed a very weathered and withered shadow of the man I recall from 37 years ago.

There's been a postcript to this latest chapter in the Chris Reynard story ...

Ofcom received a complaint of unfair treatment from Reynard about the way in which the Cowboy Traders interview was obtained. This led to a lengthy (p.36 - p45) investigation and report by Ofcom dated 3 March 2014 ...

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/enforcement/broadcast-bulletins/obb249/obb249.pdf

... which concluded ...

Quote:
Ofcom has not upheld Mr Chris Reynard’s complaint of unfair treatment in the programme as broadcast
ski holidays
Most recent enterprise appears to be ...

Chris Reynard Consultancy
https://plus.google.com/116378618255543638065/about

Quote:
Ski, Muti-Activity Holiday, Golf Course Design

With over fifty years experience in the ski and multi-activity industries there may well be no-one in the UK better qualified to do the hard work behind your next ski or multi activity holiday!

Having designed several 18 hole courses, as well as the project management and building of three, there are few people in the UK with his wealth of knowledge and experience.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And his pad is still up for sale!

http://www.jackson-stops.co.uk/cgi-bin/properties/summary-details.pl?propID=47989#
ski holidays
Chris Reynard Consultancy
https://plus.google.com/116378618255543638065/about

Quote:
Ski, Muti-Activity Holiday, Golf Course Design

With over fifty years experience in the ski and multi-activity industries there may well be no-one in the UK LESS qualified to do the hard work behind your next ski or multi activity holiday!

FIFY! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
For some reason I came back to this thread 2 years later.
Reynard got exposed and then what? Probably nothing, right. He took 100's of thousands from schools/parents who thought they had AITO backed protection - AITO are the ones paid to do the due diligence, not every single customer. I hope he rots and reflects on his life - he might laugh and smirk, but he'll also know and hopefully there will be some karma.
snow report
@snowjoe, it is very frustrating that this can happen - and I wasn't even involved.
ski holidays
snowjoe wrote:
For some reason I came back to this thread 2 years later.
Reynard got exposed and then what? Probably nothing, right. He took 100's of thousands from schools/parents who thought they had AITO backed protection - AITO are the ones paid to do the due diligence, not every single customer. I hope he rots and reflects on his life - he might laugh and smirk, but he'll also know and hopefully there will be some karma.

AITO are so me chummy old boys club of weasels engaged only in marketing with no interest in consumer protection. They blatantly backtracked on their rest assured promise.
snow report
The parents paid the school, therefore the school will have to pay the parents back. If the school is lucky, it may well have a good lawyer on it's governing body who can help them get the money back. If they can't, through lack of bonding or bankruptcy then there's a 90K bill to pay which which the county may pay if they recommended the operator. Both these options mean the taxpayer pays. Insurance may cough up but unlikely if the head cancelled.

I really feel for the kids, particularly those who've worked and saved to go themselves.
ski holidays
News of comparable, but not as serious, problems last Saturday (a bus did arrive). I imagine there is absolutely no connection between the companies mentioned below and companies mentioned earlier in this thread ...

Local firms step in to save Penryn College skiing trip
http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Local-firms-step-save-school-trip/story-26269042-detail/story.html

Quote:
LOCAL coach companies saved a Penryn College skiing trip to Italy after the vehicle that turned up to was considered "not fit" for the journey ... The trip, for which many had saved up all year, was arranged through 321 Ski ...

Around 80 students, including a handful from Five Islands on the Isles of Scilly, were due to set off on Saturday morning. But concerns about the coach sent by Tempo Travel and attempts to find alternative transport meant they had a fraught 24 hours before finally leaving.

The two companies quoted in the report:

http://www.321ski.co.uk/

http://tempocoachhire.co.uk/
snow report
@David Goldsmith,
now Reynard and this are targets worthy of laying your investigative journalism hat on.

Let the SKGB implode on their own, stop harrying admin over things that don't really matter in the big scheme of things (and losing credibility and supporters along the way) - get this one sorted, and you'll be a snowsports hero.
snow report
@Arctic Roll, I get a great number of comments similar to yours and - not wishing to cause upset or offence - it would help enormously if I knew who you are! Obviously I can respond to someone personally branded as a rolled-up ice cream cake but it all gets a bit silly.

I'm just trying to be even-handed, and would expect exactly the same treatment on a personal level ... as I'm sure would you.

My predication: [non-identifiable] anonymous communication on the internet, via forums such as this, will be seen as a passing phenomenon of the early 21st century. It doesn't really work, when you think about it ... when all's cut and dried. That's not to say that anonymity doesn't have a huge role in whistleblowing etc., and sources must always be protected in that regard.

David
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, +1
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, that's what he always says when he can't be &rsed to answer a reasonable question. If I were to tell him that I am called, say, Margaret Howard, he would be no wiser than now as to who I am (though I suppose he could Google the name) If I were to tell him my real name he would also have no further info. than what I have given him to date (basically ordinary SCGB punter who has attended a few AGMs) - as I do not think that I come up under a Google search as my life is so anonymous and uninteresting to the wider world.

That is not to say, of course that your life might not be more interesting than mine, and that he might be arguing with one of the greatest Arctic explorers of our age, or Prince Harry, or his local MP .......

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 2-04-15 9:20; edited 2 times in total
latest report
David Goldsmith wrote:
My predication: [non-identifiable] anonymous communication on the internet, via forums such as this, will be seen as a passing phenomenon of the early 21st century. It doesn't really work, when you think about it ...

Says the man who posts from several different screen names.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy