Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe/Chris Reynard - Children's ski holiday left in ruins.

Poster: A snowHead
This is why I don't understand the concept of Justice in the UK, this man has multiple properties (even if he has put them in someone elses name) and even a golf course at his home, yet he can seemingly rip off schools, hotels, even his own workforce (at least one of whom was threatened with prison because Reynard had not paid resort bills overseas) and it looks as if he will get away with it, we can all see he's guilty but being able to see it and having evidence to prove it are two different things Mad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can certainly side with the people who get so frustrated with the UK that they emigrate today.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 2-03-12 8:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have found another company:
Director: Christopher Paul Reynard
D.o.B. 1941

Westward Holidays Ltd
Company No: 07388132
Inc Date: 27 Sep 2010
Annual Returns: 27 Sep 2011
Annual Accounts: 24 Feb 2012
Company Type: Other
Registered Address
Idehill Lodge Ball Lane,
Farway,
Colyton,
Devon,
EX24 6DL,
United Kingdom

Source: Duedil

Thanks for the link to that resource.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
noskitrip,

Really good link that to duedil, so much better than all the other freebie ones I have seen.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm owed nearly £3,000 by Reynard, a judgement was made for him to pay me over 6 months ago and surprise, surprise I haven't seen a penny. I received an email from Devon and Cornwall police almost word for word as the above letter. They are very unhappy about having to drop the case but they're unable to spend any more resources on a case that isn't guaranteed to bring them a conviction. While the criminal investigation was going on it was delaying the civil case for making him bankrupt, unfortunately once his house is sold and the banks paid off there's going to be very little left, I've no hope of ever seeing what is owed to me, not a lot of money to some people but a lot of money to me and my family. The only thing we can do is make sure he doesn't start up again and steal money from decent individuals, there must be a campaign we can initiate?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stan the man, Assuming that he becomes bankrupt he cannot start again (at least for a while) as a company director so long as he still has outstanding debts against his name, however so far as I am aware nothing whatsoever stops him setting up as a sole trader, which is where I believe UK law lets down the honest person.

I am pretty convinced that Mr Reynard has managed to hide at least some of his money away, unfortunately our police forces in the UK do seem somewhat under equipped to deal with fraud, as does the CPS, you only have to look at how few cases of fraud ever get to court let alone get convictions to realise this Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This forum has a number of European snowheads who may be able to help point to the resources you think are elsewhere.
Dont lose all heart yet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stan the man, did you get a CCJ against Reynard?
If so he is still solvent and you can enforce it - I guess you might know this but just in case it got lost in the fog of the case. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/Makingacourtclaimformoney/DG_195828 I wish I could do this too but my contract is with a school not himself!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that, I went to an Industrial Tribunal Court in Exeter and won my case against Reynard, he appealed against the Judge's decision on 3 occassions and each time the Judge declined his appeal and ordered him to pay me, I've been at a loss
as to how to get the money owed to me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stan the man,

"he appealed against the Judge's decision on 3 occassions"

He gets 3 chances to appeal ? I am amazed. Shocked That sound very unfair.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm afraid this sounds like typical British Justice, to me.

Winning a judgment in court is no guarantee that you will get what the court have judged you are entitled to. It is just the next step in the drawn our process that keeps you paying fees to the court for as long as possible. (Normally until you give up in frustration!) The court process is not free, and since there are a lot of staff and buildings to keep employed, the costs can be quite high.

One of the steps, having gained a judgment, is to issue a warrant of execution for the Court bailiffs to recover goods etc. to the value of the judgment. The Court bailiffs are invariably spectacularly unsuccessful in doing this, but the previous cost for a warrant of £30 was always 'worth a try'. They now charge a minimum of £100 for being unsuccesfsul!

Getting justice is a slow and expensive process in the UK, but dragging out the injustice heaped upon the innocent, keeps a lot of people employed!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It is not entirely surprising that the Police decided not to pursue the fraud charges against Reynard given that "intent" is a notoriously difficult thing to prove in court - that said you can see pretty clearly what the Police think of Reynard from the letter - Reynard could try and sue for libel if he thought what was being said was unfair, but I presume the police lawyers feel pretty comfortable on this score.

I'm afraid Reynard is free to set up other companies - until he is disqualified again from being a director or he is declared bankrupt.

As for recovery of the money - as the Police said and to no one surprise Reynard has spent it or salted it all away and the chances of the Official Receiver getting anything is pretty limited. Which leaves AITO, the Insurance Company and the Schools. From what I know those schools that have sufficient discretionary funds available or have been backed by the Local Authority have already paid out to the parents - those that don't have the money or legal power to make the payments just cannot do so. Once Reynard is declared bankrupt - I think the focus will fall on the Insurance Company who voided the insurance on the basis that Reynard had made false declarations to them - given that the Police presumably have not found sufficient evidence to demonstrate that such declarations were fraudulent - it does rather beg the question to the Ombudsman as to why the Insurance company when providing protection to a 3rd party can avoid liability on the basis of false declarations from those on whom they have done little due diligence - while the Police cannot find such declarations to be criminally fraudulent. AITO need to realise that a guarantee is a guarantee and just pay up.

As for the whole process taking so long and in effect allowing Reynard to get away with reprehensible behaviour I have to agree with others that the law is ass _ Vince Cable please note.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stephen101 wrote:
AITO need to realise that a guarantee is a guarantee and just pay up.

I think this is where my finger points on balance if we assume that Reynard wriggles away. I doubt they have the funds either but to me they look like a bunch of muppets who deliberately have sought to induce the general public into buying holidays from their membership on the basis of their "guarantee" which clearly was dependent on an insurance product no-one at AITO understood and had a bloody great hole in it. Their conspicuous silence since they suspended the guarantee doesn't give any great comfort.

I do hope You & Yours follow-up with a "One year on" story shining a light on AITO and its incompetence as well.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just been on you and yours, talking about his new venture.
http://www.ski-link-ltd.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is it not time for SH's power to kick in and start to get his company ranked on search engines highlighting their history?
latest report
jbob, not available in iPlayer yet but would love to hear it. Certainly he's got more front than Blackpool.
snow conditions
leedsunited wrote:
Is it not time for SH's power to kick in and start to get his company ranked on search engines highlighting their history?

I note he doesn't dare put his name on that new website even though there's a tab saying "Who are we". So he's very aware of what happens when you google his name.
latest report
jbob, Lots of grammatical errors on that web site. Did he pay the web developer ?
snow report
leedsunited wrote:

Obviously I could't agree with it, but a DNS attack may be fun
ski holidays
Boris,
Quote:

DNS attack may be fun

How does that work/happen ?
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
leedsunited wrote:

Obviously I could't agree with it, but a DNS attack may be fun

A what?
latest report
I suspect Boris means DoS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_of_service
snow report
Thankfully I've not been a victim of any of Reynard's scams but could easily have been. Should anyone need help in a campaign online to scupper his future attempts to Phoenix himself please let me know. i'll do what I can.
ski holidays
altis, or both. You can have a distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) or be a victim of DNS spoofing, sometimes referred to as DNS cache poisoning. Anyway, both evil but probably overkill in the case of Mr Reynard.
snow report
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-17413176
snow report
alti - dude, staggering but, sadly, not a surprise either.
ski holidays
From the BBC news item: 'He said: "With the greatest respect to the police they have absolutely no authority, or competence or qualifications to be able to comment on the running of a business."'

Pot, kettle, black methinks
latest report
dsoutar, Laughing thats a bit rich, coming from him, isn't it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Commercial Sabotage my rear end, the evidence from both the schools and his own employees would seem to suggest that the only commercial sabotage carried out was by Chris Reynard, what else do you call it when the man takes the money well in advance and then fails to pay the people he has contracts with.

What gets me is that he already has a new company and is about to start the same process all over again and I suspect that legally there is nothing that can be done about this
latest report
Beggars belief. Completely shows that the law can only touch the low hanging fruit and don't have the teeth or smarts to get their man. Its galling.

Also, why does Reynard always choose company names that are near impossible to Google! I mean, 'ski' & 'link' is nearly as rubbish to find as 'skiing' and 'Europe'. Makes it more difficult to find all those warnings we are going to post. I mean, who would contract with a company associated with this 50 pages of background. Rough justice is better than no justice in this case.
latest report
As far as I can tell from a brief scan of the site it appears that the new company is merely an advisor to groups willing to pay for the company's years of expertise and to plug in to the extensive knowledge and links to service providers of the company. To access this information you pay Ski Link a £500 registration fee plus £25 a head for anyone you take on your trip if you book with their recommended hotel, another £25 pp if you book with their recommended transfer company and another £25 per head if you use their preferred ski instructor/school. In effect you pay Ski Link £500 + £75 per head merely for their advice on how to book a ski holiday. Ski Link don't actually book anything they merely add £75 pp to the cost of your holiday (plus the £500 registration fee). And you still have to do all the work.

No thanks.
latest report
Some associated links for this 'company':
http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07851419

I predict a total disaster for this company too. Hopefully without innocent customers and service providers getting conned along the way.
snow report
Let the civil actions commence!
snow report
I hear he has started a new company called Ski X
ski holidays
The guide I hired in Chamonix last week complained about a shambolic school-trip organising outfit who took a year to pay him. I guess it was to do with Reynard, but I couldn't recall his name.
snow report
laundryman wrote:
The guide I hired in Chamonix last week complained about a shambolic school-trip organising outfit who took a year to pay him. I guess it was to do with Reynard, but I couldn't recall his name.

I doubt that was Reynard then, after all your guide acquaintance eventually ended up getting paid! wink
ski holidays
alti - dude wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-17413176

Has anyone contacted the BBC to see if their investigative journalists fancy running something on this and the new company set up and charging group organisers for this type of "service"? Surely their charter includes the consumer rights programmes that many will see, so they know who they are dealing with if they sign up to this.

That said, I can't imagine a school ski trip organiser in the country could be unaware of the background - a bit of sensible checking on a company (which schools must now do, surely?) proposing to charge thousands to help with something schools can easily do for themselves would pull up the links, wouldn't it?
snow conditions
Monium wrote:
That said, I can't imagine a school ski trip organiser in the country could be unaware of the background - a bit of sensible checking on a company (which schools must now do, surely?) proposing to charge thousands to help with something schools can easily do for themselves would pull up the links, wouldn't it?
Ha. There is ALWAYS another mug.
latest report
Quote:

In effect you pay Ski Link £500 + £75 per head merely for their advice on how to book a ski holiday.

Which you can get for free here Cool
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Monium wrote:
Ha. There is ALWAYS another mug.

In the past I've organised a total of 17 ski trips for school pupils from the mid 1980's through to as recent as 2004. Mr Reynard was well known for his European schools' ski tour product (I think he was trading at the time as "Ski Europe"). BUT please bear in mind tht there were a number of school ski tour operators who folded in the early 1990's. The general pattern was to accept next years' ski tour deposits from school teachers before the end of the current season, don't then pay the hoteliers contrated to them, nor the ski schools/hire/lift-pass companies, and cease trading between the school February Half Term and the Easter Holidays so as to maximise the potential debt. Woodleigh Educational Ski Tours based at the time in Great Missenden traded as "Snowplan", had an excellent product and reputation built up by several years trading with many repeat clients suddenly folded. I had 40 youngsters deposits paid for a trip to Courmayeur when the company went down. I'd used them 8 or 9 times previously and never saw them in difficulties, great reps and product and service. All ABTA bonded and affiliated to the right associations.

Whatever happened to Hourmont Ski, Quest Ski, Snow-World, amongst others??

At the time, despite being pested by Ski Europe reps I had no inclination to commit to their ski tours. But as Bode says there's always someone who does not do enough of a check, follow responsible guidelines, nor have senior staff ensuring that these are done.

Sadly, after many great times on the snow with many great students spread over a couple of decades I gave up the mantle of school ski trips after a couple of students brought out some "E"'s. No fun with hyper-violent adolescents hell bent on death and destruction.

Mr Reynard ..... surely he's not done this sort of thing before? Shocked

All of the above is "Without Prejudice" mi' lud!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy