Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe/Chris Reynard - Children's ski holiday left in ruins.

Poster: A snowHead
noskitrip wrote:
Is anyone able to verify this...

Amer Sports (UK) Limited have presented a bankruptcy petition against Mr Reynard which is due to be heard at the Exeter County Court on 7 December 2011.

Southernhay Gardens
Exeter Devon
England
EX1 1UH

Interesting. Amer Sports are one of the biggest sports brands around - they own Wilson, Suunto, Atomic, and various other brands. I'm pretty sure a phone call to their UK HQ would confirm if that was the case - or the court should be able to advise, though from the post above it sounds like a foregone conclusion.

The downside of all this is that if he is forced into bankruptcy a lot of people are never going to get their money back...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Monium, Yes very interesting http://www.amersports.com/ He is certainly playing with the big boys and be very interested to kow what he is into them for?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
obrown81 wrote:
My case was heard last thursday (I won Happy ) in Exeter CC. and I was informed a bankruptcy hearing was occurring at the beginning of December. In a conversation with the police before my hearing, they also informed me a Bankruptcy hearing was coming in December. The same Judge is hearing all cases relating to this fiasco and is aware of all the issues surrounding it. So my hearing was very quick... The impression was that he is a regular visitor at the moment.

I believe the fraud investigation is still ongoing. Anyone have more info on this?

snowHead well done! getting anything to stick seems to be a big struggle.

Please can you provide us with the learned Judge's name? It will be helpful as we are still out of pocket
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does anybody have any news on the Exeter County Court hearing on 7 December 2011?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i tried http://www.courtserve.net/courtlists/current/crown/indexdailies.htm but got a list of only today's hearings in Exeter County Court - didn't see an historical one. I did note however that today's sittings are being heard by His Honour Judge V E Salomonsen.

Now that would be a good name for the judge of hearings about a skiing scandal Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hi, I see on Duedil.com that skiing europe Ltd has a "winding up order" against the business. http://www.companyrescue.co.uk/company-rescue/guides/what-is-a-winding-up-petition helps explains what that order is.

Also registered and active is Westward Holidays Ltd - Company No: 07388132 - same address - same Director. [/img]
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've heard from AITO

There were two hearings scheduled for 7 December and I understand that Reynard was able to get them both adjourned until 12thJanuary. So we wait until then

Remember Chris Reynard was trading as himself not as a Ltd
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What news? Seems to be all promises, promises and delay, delay. We have (mostly) all just about forgotten about this waster.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OK, Reading School still seems to be on the case at least: http://readingschoolskitrip.blogspot.com/2011/02/reading-school-cancelled-skip-trip-2011.html
A couple of folks at least pursuing the school now for the money back, presumably having been told to wait and see.
What do we pay our taxes for if it is not to investigate injustice and actually do something. Either charge the guy or clear him. I am not out of pocket, but not forgotten either.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rebailed - what an odd term http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Man-bailed-skiing-trip-fraud-probe/story-14994223-detail/story.html
mid-July 2012 on old ski man in court before Olympics, there must be a gag in there somewhere. Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the update noskitrip,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's been about a year now since this kicked off. Why would somebody be 'rebailed' - who's not ready?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have had a brief dig around on this.

Skiing Europe Limited is in Liquidation. The Official Receiver (OR) in Exeter is dealing with the matter. The OR is effectively a civil servant liquidator. Anyone owed money by Ski Europe Limited should write to the OR and lodge their claim. The OR MAY call a meeting of creditors to appoint a private firm of Insolvency practitioners to take the case forward. This is only likely to happen if there is the reasonable likelihood of funds being realised by the liquidator (as a private Liquidator only gets paid from realised company assets). Or if creditors were to raise a fighting fund to cover the costs.

If anyone has spoken to the OR it would be interesting to know what he has discovered to date.

I haven't read the entire thread but it does not seem clear whether the trading was done through Skiing Europe Limited or by Reynard trading as Skiing Europe. If the latter is the case then in order to get a complete picture of what's happened, Mr Reynard will need to be made Bankrupt and I cannot find trace of a Bankruptcy hearing for Mr Reynard yet.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In related news has anyone commenced any legal action against AITO and it's financial "guarantee" which was offerred before the Reynard affair collapsed everything? If I was an affected parent I think I chuck in a small claim against the school, Reynard, AM Trust and AITO and see which one stuck.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not sure if has been mentioned but a Chris Reynard has registered a new company Ski Link Ltd happens to have a very similar address and the same date of birth as Christopher Reynard!
ski holidays
kevinrhead, oh dear, ive not seen that on here.
snow conditions
Would that be Ski Link Limited home of disqualified director and alleged fraudster Chris Reynard? (how often doe it have to be mentioned to improve Page Ranking?)
latest report
Unbelievable! I can't believe the brass neck of the man. Glad some people continue to dig into this.
ski holidays
kevinrhead wrote:
Not sure if has been mentioned but a Chris Reynard has registered a new company Ski Link Ltd happens to have a very similar address and the same date of birth as Christopher Reynard!

WOW! Puzzled This is simply incredible! Smack in the middle of the controversy and police action [November 2011] Chris Reynard is filling out the forms for a new business venture. It beggars belief.
Ski Link Ltd
Company Number: 07851419
Ide Hill Farm Ball Lane
Farway
EX24 6DL

RED FLAGS Status: Active Litigation: 0 results

AT A GLANCE Inc Date: 17th Nov 2011 (1yrs) Chris Reynard (70) Company Director

Information care of www.duedil.com a fabulous resource for searching company data.
ski holidays
Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
noskitrip, thanks for the link. That site is an amazing resource!
latest report
I've just received an email from Devon & Cornwall Police Economic Crime Unit stating that Reynard is not going to be pursued by them in relation to fraud charges ;

Further to our correspondence about Chris Reynard, I wanted to update you as to the outcome of our investigation into the collapse of Skiing Europe. After arresting and interviewing Reynard, detailed investigation and examination of seized material and interviewing numerous interested parties, we have reached the view that there is insufficient evidence of criminality to move the case to a successful prosecution. The final decision was taken by our Detective Inspector. Reynard has undoubtedly conducted his business in a reprehensible way but there is also much evidence that would undermine any attempt to prosecute him as a criminal. The case remains essentially civil in nature.

The on-going police investigation has frustrated attempts to secure civil redress. The civil Judge at Exeter County Court is fully aware of the police investigation and we hope that Reynard will soon be made bankrupt and/or subject of further judgements once the criminal block is lifted.

The police decision is unlikely to have much bearing on the likelihood of victims of the collapse securing proper compensation. Assuming that the insurance position remains unchanged and that Reynard is made bankrupt, ultimate recovery for creditors will be dictated by available assets (as it would with criminal compensation); we predict that assets will be minimal after secured creditors i.e. mortgage & bank recover their money.

The value of Reynard’s house & golf course remained important to the case in terms of his decision making and liabilities as a sole trader, but it now appears the asset may be of considerably less value than Reynard and others have assumed.

This decision is disappointing in many respects, but we cannot commit further resources to a case in which it is reasonably foreseeable that the accused might ultimately not be charged or be acquitted.

I would like to thank you very much for your time and support for the case and wish you well with your future activities.

Sad Sad Sad
snow report
palmer wrote:
The final decision was taken by our Detective Inspector.

Can anyone elaborate on this? I thought the final decision was taken by the CPS.
ski holidays
Yes they would if the police took it to the CPS. But the police have to take it to the CPS first, and they'll normally only do that if they think it has a reasonable chance. They won't take it to the CPS if they think the CPS will drop it straight away. AIUI anyway.
snow report
maggi wrote:
palmer wrote:
The final decision was taken by our Detective Inspector.

Can anyone elaborate on this? I thought the final decision was taken by the CPS.

The D.I. has decided that there is not sufficient evidence to submit a file to the CPS.
The police could have asked the CPS for a decision and then hidden behind it but they've shouldered the responsibility themselves.
snow report
bobmcstuff, you understand correctly - I cross-posted with you as I was looking up the Fraud Act.
I expect the main issue was the need to prove that Reynard was dishonest in the criminal sense.

Link here if anyone's interested - http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/fraud_act/#a21
ski holidays
Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Is it worthwhile adding the name of his new company into the thread title re. Google searches?

Would hate it if he did this all over again.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not sure there's any need Wink

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ski+link+ltd
ski holidays
bobmcstuff, agw, thanks. Must admit my knowledge is only from watching too much crime TV.
snow conditions
AIUI fraud prosecutions are quite difficult as they require proving intent and it is quite conceivable someone who is experienced in dancing on the edge is also equally adept at maintaining no incriminating paper trail and in presenting themselves as an honest trader caught out by circumstances. No proof and presumably no confession makes life tricky for plod.
ski holidays
Crying or Very sad
What a disaster.

So can someone please summarise the position now as my head hurts and my pocket is near £1000 down? Is he free to continue ingrained behaviours or is there a chance he will be made bankrupt?
ski holidays
The OR is probably the best body to be dealing with CR and his company. Unlike insolvency practitioners in the private sector, the OR does not have to concern himself with wondering where his fee is coming from. The OR is obliged to prepare a full report on the directors' conduct and to submit this to what used to be the DTI. A decision is then made as to whether there is any justification for instituting legal proceedings with a view to having one or more of the directors disqualified from being a director for a period of up to 15 years. The (DTI) will only prosecute if they think there is a realistic chance of success - to do otherwise would leave them exposed to being accused of wasting public money.

If CR is made bankrupt he would not be allowed to act as a director. The definition of a director in this context includes a 'shadow director'. This is someone who is acting as director in all respects, but has not actually been appointed as such. This is designed to prevent someone being appointed a 'puppet director' whose strings are being pulled by someone else, namely a shadow director.

I do not know the extent to which pressure can be brought to bear on the OR. However, it can do no harm for all affected people to write to the OR setting out the circumstances in which they have lost money - if enough people write with substantiated evidence I would hope that the OR will pay some attention. I would also point out to the OR that CR has set up a new company that would appear to be trading in the same sector as the one that has gone bust.
snow report
Chris Mason, trouble is that as I understand it Chris Reynard was not trading as a limited company but as a sole trader at which point the OR (again if I understand things correctly) has no say in the matter. So far as I can see Reynard will get away with it, becuase there is insufficient evidence to prove wrongdoing, everyone knows he's ripped people off but proving it in a court of law is probably impossible, The schools have paid their money, the hotels got no money they only explanation is that it went into Reynards band and then vanished, how he managed to do that I have no idea, in the US I'd guess a class action would take place vs Reynard, however I believe no such option is available under uk law (apparently it was considered but the ramifications of the RBS debacle would have left the government significantly out of pocket) So in the end I guess it's going to be down to schools and LEA's to refund the money, a bad taste all around with Reynard already starting a new company
latest report
D G Orf wrote:
...., a bad taste all around with Reynard already starting a new company

Presumably AITO will not be letting the new company have AITO membership? Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Alastair Pink, God alone knows, they all seem like a bunch of dishonest crooks to me right now, all blaming each other and no one paying out, does make you wonder how much longer school trips can continue with the dishonesty that this case has shown up.
latest report
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Mason, trouble is that as I understand it Chris Reynard was not trading as a limited company but as a sole trader at which point the OR (again if I understand things correctly) has no say in the matter. So far as I can see Reynard will get away with it, becuase there is insufficient evidence to prove wrongdoing, everyone knows he's ripped people off but proving it in a court of law is probably impossible, The schools have paid their money, the hotels got no money they only explanation is that it went into Reynards band and then vanished, how he managed to do that I have no idea, in the US I'd guess a class action would take place vs Reynard, however I believe no such option is available under uk law (apparently it was considered but the ramifications of the RBS debacle would have left the government significantly out of pocket) So in the end I guess it's going to be down to schools and LEA's to refund the money, a bad taste all around with Reynard already starting a new company
Hang on, if he was a sole trader can't the schools etc go after him personally for their money? No need to prove dishonesty in the county court and he does have assets...
ski holidays
agw, You' think so wouldn't you, but despite seeming to have lots of assets I think we will find they are all in other peoples names, proving they are his then becomes much harder Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Also I don't understand how he can go off and register a new Ltd company (and presumably himself as a director) whilst being taken through bankruptcy proceedings, which as I understand it one company is doing, I thought it was illegal for an undischarged bankrupt to have a position as a company director ?
snow report
D G Orf,
I guess that's the trick, he has not actually been found guilty of anything, been made bankrupt or whatever, yet. So he might have a bit of history, bit of a bad credit rating perhaps but nothing that really counts against him, yet.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy