Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe/Chris Reynard - Children's ski holiday left in ruins.

Poster: A snowHead
achillies000, your link doesn't work - and I must say I didn't like the look of it, either. However, if it is genuinely relevant to this thread, please sort and repost.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
achilles, it's spam.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jo225, thanks Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
achillies000, How can someone be allowed to use a nom de plume on this site so close to one already in existence ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
any news ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, Police are actively interviewing. I guess this is a good sign.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CHRIS REYNARD ARRESTED TODAY
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/NewsAppeals/Pages/NewsItem.aspx?Release=12512
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for letting us know.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perhaps this thread should now be locked until thing are judicially sorted out?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
outofpocket, brilliant news! Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/19/man-held-school-ski-fraud
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hooray, about time too. It's also on BBC News.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wonderful news at least it has made my daughter smile about her aborted skiing hols
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/07/20/police-swoop-on-ski-boss-over-500-000-school-scam-claims-115875-23282809/
latest report
Similar info:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-14205154
snow report
AITO take legal advice (draw your own conclusions!):

http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1148584.php?mpnlog=1&m_id=s~b_r~A_r_r
snow conditions
Good to see that the authorities are moving at last - has anyone heard of any judgements on Reynard's debts in the civil courts?

AiTO are conspicuously ignoring correspondence on the matter at the moment - perhaps the Press should be asking some questions before they have the legitimate excuse of hiding behind a pending court case.
latest report
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
latest report
so does such a criminal investigation help in any way with any one getting their money back ?
latest report
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Perhaps this thread should now be locked until thing are judicially sorted out?

if so we had better lock the 'NI phone tapping' thread ... and many more for that matter ... actually we had better lock snowHeads just to be safe Laughing
snow report
rayscoops, Laughing I was thinking much the same...
ski holidays
i dont mean to jump in on a thread nearly 50 pages in, but could someone fill me in on whats happened here?
snow report
News in no small part down to snowHead 's acting as a forum of communication to allow all the individual schools and out of pocket parties to find out that they were not alone.

Hope they get something to stick on this guy if he is indeed guilty of even a fraction of the stuff shared in this thread,
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, You could always start here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=74146 Laughing
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, naughty man took lots of money off parents for school trips. Naughty man didnt book the accommodation/transport etc etc, schools didnt get their school trips, naughty man pocketed the cash, naughty man now arrested.
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Dont forget the 'Naughty man offered naughty teacher fab family holidays' Toofy Grin Toofy Grin bit
snow report
kevindonkleywood wrote:
Shimmy Alcott, Dont forget the 'Naughty man offered naughty teacher fab family holidays' Toofy Grin Toofy Grin bit

For free, as a gift.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops wrote:
so does such a criminal investigation help in any way with any one getting their money back ?

Not directly. It will give him a seriously bad hair day though and that has to have some value! Clearly he believes there is no wrong-doing, he is right, he owes no-one money and the suspected £600,000 is his to keep.
ski holidays
If he is convicted his assets can be stripped to pay back any missused monies, the forensic accountants will try to track down any assets transfered to avoid any bancruptcy action.
They can be pretty severe if they want to be.
The overall problem with fraud is the proof, if that can be found then even if the money is 'hidden' in his wifes name it can be recovered.
latest report
*cough*.......allegedly
snow conditions
Guvnor, hmm. This thread does have a bit of a feel of a kangaroo court. However, in the light of this Mirror report I think that any recent posts here a would be seen as over-excited internet froth rather than anything more serious.
ski holidays
achilles, is that the same Mirror report which contains the magic word 'allegedly' in it's opening gambit?
ski holidays
rayscoops,
Quote:

As well as possible recovery from SE it may also allow the schools/LEAs/AiTO to make claims on any fidelity insurance cover that they may have. I know the modern tendency is only for insurance companies to pay out on non genuine claims, but it might be a refreshing change for them to pay out on a risk for which the insured actually paid to cover perhaps more than once.
snow report
Radio 4 your and yours link - starts at time point 10.30 mins
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012lls1/You_and_Yours_eBay_Scam_and_Zumba/
A man was arrested on fraud charges and on money-laundering charges too.

Call the Police now as they want to record the story from everyone who has lost out.
Telephone is 0845 2777 444 and the reference number to quote is JT/11/505
snowHead
snow conditions
noskitrip, ooo, sounding very serious now!
latest report
Somewhere way back in this thread, and too deeply hidden in the foliage to look for, someone posted about their dilemma about a trip booked (deposit paid too I seem to remember) for next year. I guess that resolves the dilemma for him/her but I am curious as to whether being arrested and bailed (does that mean he has been charged?) means that Reynard cannot legally continue trading or does there have to some other formal process for this? It's an academic question I guess, since I don't suppose he could now get any form of bonding, insurance, contracts with coach firms, hotels etc - or any customers for that matter. Just curious about the legal niceties, that's all.
snow conditions
Bailed does not mean charged. They will now be trying to find sufficient evidence to charge him.
ski holidays
Thanks. That's what I thought, but being a Scot I'm not so sure of the processes in England & Wales.
ski holidays
I have a report that he is setting up a holiday business for trips to Jamaica, Barbados etc. Anyone else know of this? Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy