Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe/Chris Reynard - Children's ski holiday left in ruins.

Poster: A snowHead
Shimmy Alcott, hasn't Vince got rather more pressing business?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cable in undercover filmed expose.

Shimmy, giggling and provacatively crossing her legs "Vincey, you must be so clever and brave to take on these nasty businesses"

Cable "Yes as a matter of fact I can take down that barsteward Reynard like that"

Clicks fingers.

(With apologies to BSkyB/News International, any fool suckered by a honey trap journalist)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never mind attending to the £163,000,000,000 structural deficit, the interest on which is something like £35,000,000 per day, Vincey baby had better get down to Devon and sort that bloke Reynard out once and for all.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
oo, you are mean little boys.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Never mind attending to the £163,000,000,000 structural deficit, the interest on which is something like £35,000,000 per day, Vincey baby had better get down to Devon and sort that bloke Reynard out once and for all.

You mean the Government is paying interest to those Banks that caused the hole in the first place?? I rather hoped they just printed the stuff!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowjoe, no, not how it works.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for your responses. I understand my son's school is not using SE for the 2012 season but waiting for confirmation from the organiser (not managed to get a mutual aggreable time to discuss). I also had reservations at the time about a last minute change of accomodation (risk assessment etc) but suspect that if the truth is really that the school were informed en-route that they decided to continue rather than abandon the trip. Parents were understandably concerned and there are still questions that have not been answered. At least we're better prepared to ask the questions for the 2012 trip.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"There's one way to find out if a man is honest - ask him. If he says 'Yes' you know he's crooked" Toofy Grin
Groucho Marx
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller wrote:
snowjoe, no, not how it works.

I thought that was exactly what Quantative Easy was. Government printing money to pour into the system and fill the vaccum left by reckless lending over many years. The stakeholders all took their commissions and pocketed it until the ponzi scheme unravelled, the worthless investments traded were uncovered, and there was no way to get that commission money back. Not one bank executive brought to book (excluding Madoff later).
What has this got to do with this thread? Not a lot. The only similarity is that CR/SE got your money and failed to deliver or traded vapour, and bringing him or the company to account is just as slow.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
outofpocket wrote:
btw "Dave" who was the last employee at SE and worked Monday, Wenesday and Friday has now left due to not being paid.

He was a good guy, very honest and didnt try to hind anything. He, like me, was very much of the opinion that CR was not a crook but the owner of a failing business.

Chris Reynard is a very convincing man, if he's a crook or not, will be decided by the Courts. Dave is not the only employee who is still waiting for money owed to him.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stan the man wrote:
....Chris Reynard is a very convincing man, if he's a crook or not, will be decided by the Courts.

Are you aware of any criminal charges or civil law suit? With regards to the court cases in this matter there has been much discussion, but little fact.

Welcome to snowheads snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stan the man,
Welcome!
Do you have an opinion on Reynard being broke? A private golf course suggests he has ££ but I would be interested on your take Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
achilles wrote:
stan the man wrote:
....Chris Reynard is a very convincing man, if he's a crook or not, will be decided by the Courts.

Are you aware of any criminal charges or civil law suit? With regards to the court cases in this matter there has been much discussion, but little fact.

Welcome to snowheads snowHead
I know of 1 court case pending
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stan the man, civil or criminal?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
achilles wrote:
stan the man, civil or criminal?

Civil..........he never had planning permission for the golf course and villagers are still protesting the fact......he thinks he's above the law....
snow report
stan the man, so not related to Skiing Europe, then, which is what i thought you meant.
snow report
[quote="stan the man"
......he thinks he's above the law....[/quote]
That just shows more of the character you are potentially handing your cash to. No respect. No morals. Out for himself and showing the law to be an ass in the process.
ski holidays
snowjoe wrote:
That just shows more of the character you are potentially handing your cash to. No respect. No morals. Out for himself and showing the law to be an ass in the process.

so I wonder what that suggests about the person/entity that actually handed him their cash Little Angel
latest report
achilles wrote:
stan the man, so not related to Skiing Europe, then, which is what i thought you meant.

The Civil Court case is re Skiing Europe.
I added the gof course comment to highlight the arrogance of the man, most people would be aware of planning consent for changes to their own home let alone developing a golf course in a green belt area but he thinks he's above the law. Despite the obscene amount of money he's taken from schools for ski trips he never delivered he genuinely doesn't think he's done anything wrong!A decent human being would feel dreadful for the disappointment of those children sat on a coach with nowhere to go...........
latest report
rayscoops, my eldest daughter attended a nursery for about three years, when her younger sister came along she went to the same nursery. Despite a six year gap the nursery staff were virtually all the same. About a year after my youngest started the nursery the owners of the site (a large site with other businesses on it) relocated and leased the site to another ltd business. He took on the nursery and it was to be run as normal. All nurseries need to be ofsted registered, there seemed to be no issues - I saw no reason to be concerned. About 18 months after this "gentleman" took over the business ofsted turned up one night and closed the nursery with immediate effect. Almost 100 parents left without childcare with immediate effect. The terms of contract were that parents paid nursery fees one month in advance. Guess what? Not a penny has been refunded and it is glaringly obvious that it never will be. I am currently waiting for ofsted to get back to me with the reasons for closure and the timescales of the issues involved (I have had to apply for this information through the Freedom of Information act).

Thankfully it seems the closure was due to non-registration issues rather than a direct issue with the care or safety of the children.

Should I have insisted on seeing the registration document? Imagine if every parent who has their child in some form of care/schooling insisted on that? It is not practical. Instead we trust that there are frameworks in place to protect our children, these frameworks for the most part work. As with all things there are sometimes failures. Fact of life. It does not make those who had "trust" in the system are idiots.

Now for Gods sake, give it a bleedin' rest.
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, But that was your money NOT money collected over a period of time from many different people and then collated and handed over to another person on the promise of a ski trip. Surely someone checks before going through that process. Unless the company was a nominated/official supplier to the County then a different set of questions arise!
snow report
boredsurfin, personally, I didnt lose money (always late paying my bill Laughing ). But shouldnt the fact that I was directly responsible make it even more important? The bigger issue to me, here, is the possible compromise of childs safety and the disruption caused (parents having to take up to two weeks off to find alternative childcare etc) to both parent and child (my daughter never got to say goodbye to those kids in her nursery that she has known for years and was "dumped" in a new nursery).

My point is - I dont think parents/teachers were idiots to have trusted a system - despite hindsight showing that this system was flawed.
snow conditions
Maybe further posts should stick to fresh news rather than going over old ground? It'd make the thread easier to follow.
snow report
achilles, agreed - will shut up now
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
achilles, agreed - will shut up now

Sorted wink
ski holidays
achilles, easier? its 43 pages!!!
latest report
Nadenoodlee, Good point well made, maybe someone should write out the facts and what is known to be correct. That'll be half a page then! Cool
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, oops sorry, forgot that only CR is allowed to be criticised in this thread.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CR rang me yesterday to tell me he was meeting with legal people today to discuss the insurance situation and he would keep me informed (not sure why, I just want our money back!). He sounded a broken man.. it cant be long now.
latest report
rayscoops, You can criticise who you like but please bear in mind that some people who have lost large sums of money are finding this forum helpful in exchanging information and possibly resolving their problems. Perhaps sticking to constructive comments would be helpful. Not sure who you think should take the blame for this if not cr?
snow conditions
dibblette, I would respectfully suggest that you go back and read the thread and will find out that many posters have the view that there is an array of people, entities, structures, agencies, regulations that have contributed to this sorry state of affairs (the only ones who have not contributed to this in any detrimental manner are the parents and children) and not just SE/CR ... then make half arsed ill-informed comments if you feel it is of benefit Very Happy
ski holidays
rolling eyes
snow report
achilles, I well see your rolling eyes and raise it with a Puzzled
latest report
Shocked I have already read all 43 pages and am as entitled to my opinion as you are rayscoops. Why be so offensive when we are all (i assume) hoping for the same resolution? I agree many different factors allowed this situation to happen but the suggestion that Chris Reynard is not ultimately to blame is frankly ridiculous.
snow report
dibblette,
How much did your group pay out to Reynard? We were £875 each so c. £96,000 in all.
latest report
We are a smaller group so have a smaller total figure but the cost to each family and child is still the same, we don't have a local authority who will back us up unfortunately. Our kids have done a lot of fundraising themselves to make the trip possible so we have some very disappointed 9-14 year olds!
latest report
dibblette wrote:
We are a smaller group so have a smaller total figure but the cost to each family and child is still the same, we don't have a local authority who will back us up unfortunately. Our kids have done a lot of fundraising themselves to make the trip possible so we have some very disappointed 9-14 year olds!

We don't have the LEA either as we were a foundation school and now an Academy [so in effect a stand alone organisation] Up to now I thought the youngest involved was 13 years. It throws a different perspective on this with children who are sub-10. I am thankful they are safe.
snow report
I don't mean to drag this off-topic, but is £875 a fairly standard price for a group trip of kids, staying in dorm accommodation? (I've not got kids, so never looked into it, but am surprised by that figure, seems very high!)
ski holidays
wigan, don't forget that that will be an all inclusive price - travel; accommodation; food; ski pass; gear hire; tuition; use of coach in resort(?) ... inspection visits(?!) ... profit(?!!).
latest report
Still think I could undercut that Toofy Grin But I realise I'm in dangerous water here and haven't got time to read up 43 pages so I'll stay out of it wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy