Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe/Chris Reynard - Children's ski holiday left in ruins.

Poster: A snowHead
Togger, it was a a very poor website wasnt it Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is the SE website back - I now appear to be getting all the pages again even when I press refresh. Has the ISP changed - I think details were posted previously.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stephen101, yes, the site is back up. No idea if the web host changed.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
oh no Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stephen101 wrote:
Has the ISP changed .

Yep

Now it's
http://www.olm.net/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wayne,

Used to be host4u a UK company. Wonder why Reynard has gone offshore?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone know the hotels listed on that site please? An email was sent to 4 of them but the rest are too tough to identify where they are and contact information. A web link would be good enough.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A U Reynard-Nowicki
, , Woking, Surrey, GU22 View Address
Other occupants: Helena Mary Richards , J Nowicki , M Nowicki , Jacek Nowicki , Iwona J Nowicka , Marek Nowicki , Chris Ben Richards

This is the result of a search from 192.com on the Director of the SE Ltd business Iwona Nowicka it popped up with a Woking, Surrey address and a Reynard name too. Any ideas snowheads - is it trash information or not?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiing Europe Limited is listed with Companies House. You can order documents on it
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
that's from the 2003 electoral register
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles wrote:
Skiing Europe Limited is listed with Companies House. You can order documents on it

Thanks for the link, I recognsie this is the Ltd part but she was there when we booked our trip. So let's spread the love wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I now have in my possesion a comprehensive credit check / file in regards to SE / CR, if anybody would like a copy please PM me.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
noskitrip, your welcome. Because Skiing Europe is listed as a limited company does not mean it is still trading [edit] as a company[/edit] of course. But the documents you can download from Companies House will show details of officers involved with the company over the years. Since Companies House charge for downloading the information it holds, please do not copy the contents into snowHeads.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 19-05-11 16:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IIRC from the Radio 4 programme, CR was operating as a sole-trader because he was banned from being a director. Were the schools' *cough* contracts with 'Skiing Europe Ltd' or just 'Skiing Europe'? They can be, and probably are, different entities.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
altis, By law they have to be different entities, however this brings about the possibility of fraudulent trading, very very dodgy running two businesses with the same name from the same address
ski holidays
achilles wrote:

Company Director's residential addresses used to be available through Companies House. I believe that since an Act of Parliament enacted in October 2009, access is now only available to a restricted list of agencies. I believe these agencies do not include 'customers conned out of their money by crooked Company Directors'. Obviously many of the MP's who voted for this Act and/or their friends probably found it very useful.
snow conditions
Mr Marmot, from information I have gathered from Companies House on another company, I expect the directors and officers of the Skiing Europe Limited will be on the downloads. - I see that the above links do not work because they are part of a web session - but if you go to the Companies House site, then click the web check service, then search for Skiing Europe you can paddle your way there.
ski holidays
Achilles, I understand that there is much information available from Companies House, and, I suppose, at fairly reasonable charges. I know because I use the WebCheck service quite regularly myself.
The point I was making is that details of Director's residential addresses used to be available as part of this service. Some would say rightly so in light of the fact that these organisations are protected by limited liability. However, the Government quietly passed legislation a couple of years ago to deny this facility to most interested parties. This might be of no relevance or interest in respect of this thread but I took the opportunity to highlight another erosion of the facilities, previously open to Joe Public, by their elected representatives. Wink
snow conditions
Mr Marmot,
Quote:

The point I was making is that details of Director's residential addresses used to be available as part of this service. Some would say rightly so in light of the fact that these organisations are protected by limited liability. However, the Government quietly passed legislation a couple of years ago to deny this facility to most interested parties.

I think it may also have had something to do with the likes of ALF establishing where their targets lived, pitching up in the middle of the night and petrol bombing your house!
latest report
SE Ltd is a dormant company and did not trade during YE 31/10/2010 and there are no key financials for 2008/2009/2010, on 09/02/2011 a director left the board.
Registered address is different to trading address and the company secretary and director are one and the same.
snow conditions
I've seen all the SE documents filed with Companies House and I don't think that they contain anything that hasn't already been reported on this bulletin board. Main points that the company has never filed accounts on the basis that it was dormant at least until the last accounting reference date (i.e 31 January 2010) - the next accounts will not be due to be filed until 31 October 2011, and the resignation of Iwona Reynard as a director in the Autumn last year.

leedsunited, is correct as to the reaosns for why the directors addresses are no longer required - they do need to provide an address where legal documents can be filed - so it is difficult to see how this is an erosion of the public's rights - unless you think that the public should be able to visit directors in person at their private homes,

It is allowed and quite common for someone to be a sole trader trading as XX, and to then own the Company XX Limited - which they do in order to protect the trading name. So Reynard may have done nothing wrong in this regard. He would however have to comply with the Business Names Act and make clear in various documents (e.g. invoices, contracts and possibly brochures) which entity people were actually dealing with - there are some indications that Reynard may not have followed the letter of this law, but I suspect this is pretty minor in relation to his other alleged offences.

If the credit report is current - it would be interesting what it says about current reported debts and outstanding judgements - if that can be quoted/summarised here without breaching copyright.
snow report
HAs anyone done a Land Registry search on Reynard's properties to see whose name they are in and whether there are any registered charges?

leedsunited, the last (dormant) accounts were to 31 Jan 2010 and Mrs Reynard resigned on 30 Nov 2010 - the dates you give are the Companies House filing dates.
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
...very very dodgy running two businesses with the same name from the same address
Not at all. One of my customers did exactly this for a number of years. It caused some right confusion as invoices had to go to one or t'other depending on what it was for.
ski holidays
Stephen101, Credit score i have is for today, i also have some interesting information with regards to Skiing Europe (not LTD), you have PM
snow conditions
Chris Reynard lives in the house at the bottom of the drive where is office is.......
ski holidays
leedsunited,

Please send me...
latest report
So was he in court today?

Or was he out spending parents' money?
snow report
bar shaker wrote:
So was he in court today?

have I missed something?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
altis, I said it was dodgy not that it was illegal, so long as you know which company you are dealing with it's legal, however if you believe you are dealing with XYZ Ltd when in fact abc trading as XYZ is taking the money it becomes much more dodgy.

If Reynard has not followed the law on trading then potentially he becomes far more liable for the company debt. A limited company has limited Liability, as a sole trader trading as SE Mr Reynard becomes responsible for all debts of the buisness and all of his property may be seized, if his wife is found to be complicit in the debt then any transactions that placed property in her name instead of his can I think be effectively ignored
snow report
The Information Commissioner is already looking in to SE. "The Commissioner is also responsible for maintaining the public register of data controllers. Generally speaking the DPA requires every data controller who is processing personal data to ‘notify’ (that is have their details added to the register) unless an exemption applies. Failure to notify if required to do so is an offence."
ski holidays
leedsunited wrote:
Mr Marmot,
Quote:

The point I was making is that details of Director's residential addresses used to be available as part of this service. Some would say rightly so in light of the fact that these organisations are protected by limited liability. However, the Government quietly passed legislation a couple of years ago to deny this facility to most interested parties.

I think it may also have had something to do with the likes of ALF establishing where their targets lived, pitching up in the middle of the night and petrol bombing your house!

That was an issue, so the former system allowed Company Directors who had a legitimate reason for hiding their residential address, to apply for a 'confidentiality' order. Now they are all automatically hidden from those trying to piece together evidence of assets and lifestyle etc. Very helpful for those company directors who are dodgy, and of no consequence for those who are not!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 20-05-11 14:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I feel we are visiting old ground wrt Limited vs Sole Trader, but its good to get the fresh views. I think we established earlier that Schools/Group were dealing with CR trading as SE. I expect many assumed they were dealing with SE Ltd though.
leedsunited, perhaps you can at least summarise some details here - any County Court Judgements for example. That would not be breaching copyright or taking revenue from Companies House, but sharing some details you have paid for (like reviewing a novel).

I am surprised to see the website back and still a lack of news in general. Perhaps Stephen101 influenced the previous Host4U ISP when he contacted them back in April (good one, and good for Host4U is that's the reason).

We need legal pronouncements to dictate SE liabilities (or not). I just hope that the Schools affected have the balls to press the cases - not sure we have any real confirmation on here that that is actually happening. WThere is a list of 40 or so Schools, but no certainty if any of them are pursuing SE (beyond sending strongly worded solicitor letters). Some Schools may in fact be following a tack of claiming through insurances they (thought) they had. AITO seems not to be an option unless SE fold, but other separate insurances might cover the circumstances? What about the LEA backing in the case of the state schools? Did independent school take out separate cover (can you even get it)?

No sign of a Watchdog investigation so far either.

Maybe this is at a tangent, but if CR is intending to plough on (with a 2 finger salute to everyone), and manages to defend the possible legal actions, I would not be surprised to see a 'sale' of SE or the springing up of another entity. Anyone considering buying the 'business' would have to do a good job of distancing themselves from the old regime and re-instate some good bonding. I think selling to another TO would be the thng to do... isn't that his previous MO too?

Maybe we are living in a bubble in this forum to think we are effectively warning others of the experiences and that they will actually Google SE before trading with them? For example, the words are generic and although my own google is now optimised to return useful company links, try searching 'Skiing europe review' in a virgin browser and not much will spring forth, if anything. You'd have to find snowheads to get all this info. Searching Chris Reynard is a different story, but who thinks to search on company owners/directors?
snow report
snowjoe, surely you are not suggesting to those that advocate the power of the voice of the snowHeads massive ... is not quite as powerful as it is thought to be wink
ski holidays
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/School-skiing-firm-fraud-probe-police/article-3559583-detail/article.html

Quote:
Devon and Cornwall Police confirmed yesterday that it was investigating the company's financial affairs.

"Following a complaint received, we are investigating Skiing Europe," a spokesman for the force told the Western Morning News.

"The investigation is at an early stage and officers are also liaising with other forces throughout the country as well as trading standards."

The spokesman said a complaint of "alleged fraud" had been made. The police inquiry is currently being led by detectives at Tavistock CID.
ski holidays
Wonder if The Wright Stuff would discuss it? Have sent them an email with details of all the schools we are aware of

wrightstuff@channel5.com
ski holidays
Web site still working
http://www.skiing-europe.com/about.htm
snow report
just a note of caution - if there is a criminal investigation going on, is it wise to have too much in the way of comment on CR's activities all over the press, as surely that would give him ammunition for getting charges thrown out on the technicality of prejudical publicity? Maybe it's not a problem if it's all hard provable facts rather than speculation and comment? Gee up the police and trading standards by all means, get the word out to potential scam victims by all means.
snow report
rayscoops wrote:
snowjoe, surely you are not suggesting to those that advocate the power of the voice of the snowHeads massive ... is not quite as powerful as it is thought to be wink

Smile SH is great. I found you, searching about for SE. But it took a while then and it still takes a while for others. If SE had a more unique company name/brand, it would help, but it doesn't. I doubt even CR was devious enough to plan ahead for that one (most companies want to to be found easily!)
ski holidays
GrahamN, A valid point and as the forum shows the legal system has a slim chance of catching the skillful Reynard. I believe publicity to stop more losing their ski trip is more urgent right now.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 6-06-11 9:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
http://skiing-europe.com/

Laughing think he saw our comments about how cr@p the website was
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy