Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe/Chris Reynard - Children's ski holiday left in ruins.

Poster: A snowHead
achilles wrote:
noskitrip wrote:
...is well-documented and why there is a fraud crime number against Reynards Skiing Europe.....

Is there? Do you know that personally? And what is a 'fraud crime number'? When I reported something missing from my property last week I was given an 'incident number', not a 'crime number' - presumably on the basis that a crime cannot be said to have been committed until a court has decided that. I have no problem, with accurate information on this thread, but posters should be make sure what they say is fact is indeed accurate, and not supposition masquerading as fact.

There is a crime reference number. It is investigating frand. I apologise my grammar is slightly off. There is no crime and no one is guilty, there is a man with £900 of my money swanning around Devon on a private golf course with a sneer and a fat wallet but I agree there is no crime until charged as such.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
noskitrip, and it is not even as if it was you who made the mistake of giving him the money Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops, they were all conned
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, I am not so sure whether conned is the right word - after all 'let the buyer beware' and all that - and a lot of this seemed to stem from the Interlaken hotels as a 'group' cancelling on-block, or disputing whether the booking was in place.

Do you know how may school ski trips were delivered by SE over half term and easter ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, Laughing lets not go there again
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Breach of contract if it happened is a civil matter - not a criminal offence. I am aware that fraudulent trading is criminal - but AFIK no charge has been brought, let alone proved in court.

noskitrip wrote:
....but I agree there is no crime until charged as such.

A defendant is innocent unless found guilty in court.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, no one said a charge had been made it was said that there is a crime reference number. They are not hard to obtain, I've had a few in my lifetime thanks to thieving scumbags and an ex-employee who got drugged up and decided to attack me. Other than the latter event, the crime reference number was merely given to me to pass on to my insurers.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, The question I guess is when is something a breach of contract and when is it Fraud, with holidays I have no idea, However some of these schools have gone on their trips and had to pay twice, once to SE and once to the coach company and hotel in this case it looks to me as if it might be Fraud, ie SE has obtained money and failed to provide the service they have been paid for, but I'm no lawyer so am not certain.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Of course there is no crime until it is proven beyond reasonable doubt - but there is an awful lot of prima facie evidence that crimes have been convicted (e.g. fraudulent trading, breach of the Package Holiday regulations and the Use of Business Names Act) as well as Breach of Contract. Those of us who have been victims want these matters looked into - just as would anyone who has had their house burgled and as a results suspects that a crime has been committed. Such niceties are very difficult to explain to upset and disappointed children I'm afraid.

rayscoops, I am not sure why you persist with your accounts of what happened with the Interlaken hotels and the cancellations in February- all I can say is that diverge from what I (and I think D G Orf) have heard in accounts with those who had to deal with the problem first hand and would normally be considered relaibale witnesses. Are your suppositions based on first hand accounts as well? Or are they just your interpretation of second hand information. If the latter could you please label them as such in the future.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stephen101 wrote:
...... Such niceties are very difficult to explain to upset and disappointed children I'm afraid....

Be not afraid. I think you'll find that most thread participants here are adults.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
noskitrip wrote:
there is a man with £900 of my money swanning around Devon on a private golf course with a sneer and a fat wallet

I don't understand how he is still in one piece, let alone fit enough to play golf Shocked . If something happened to him, the police would start with people who had something against him. Counting the children, parents, school staff, unpaid hoteliers, drivers, instructors etc, probably about a thousand or so suspects ........ Little Angel
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

noskitrip wrote:
there is a man with £900 of my money swanning around Devon on a private golf course with a sneer and a fat wallet

I don't understand how he is still in one piece, let alone fit enough to play golf . If something happened to him, the police would start with people who had something against him. Counting the children, parents, school staff, unpaid hoteliers, drivers, instructors etc, probably about a thousand or so suspects ........

One parent I know did suggest that we should arrange a coach trip for all the children who had lost their holidays to a certain address in Devon - but perhaps that is the ultimate nuclear threat! I'm not sure that they'd all fit in the swimming pool........... Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lets look again at the breaking news - the www.skiing-europe.com website is down. All day so far. I'd say that shows something is happening. Normal updates to websites do not take them down. I called the office number and ... rings to answer phone saying messages cannot be taken at the moment.
If I am allowed to speculate - perhaps SE has been stopped from trading? Will have to wait and see.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowjoe,

Perhaps the hosting company have pulled the plug? Is there a techie who can tell whether this is the case?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowjoe, Error 403 suggests to me that there is nothing on the server - not even an index (home) page. Usually if the web host has pulled a site, they will put something up in its place. So it looks as though the site has been pulled by someone else. One possibility might be an insolvency company - but another is that Skiing Europe are preparing to load a fresh site.
ski holidays
achilles,

The top page www.skiing-europe.com is still there - the Error 403 is on the pages below. I'm not sure whether that means anything?
snow report
Stephen101, Hmm. I'm getting a 403 for http://www.skiing-europe.com/ in Firefox. Could be that the page is still in your browser's cache.
ski holidays
Stephen101, do you not find it strange that most of the cancelled trips related to this one resort rather than a spread of hotels across different resorts and countries ? statistically this is improbable and suggest some form of collusion. Maybe this is what CR means when he has referred to industrial sabotage Little Angel
snow report
achilles, down for me too, maybe it has been hacked Very Happy
snow report
Well, I am not that techie but know that the following site tells you a bit:
http://whois.domaintools.com/skiing-europe.com

I think the ISP is: BRANDON GRAY INTERNET SERVICES, INC.
The domain name is already disappearing from nameservers globally - I think the IP address was: 64.33.12.169.

Type that address into www.networktools.com and you'll get all the info associated with SE hosting in USA.

I can't be sure (as I am not familiar enough with the information displayed), but I'd say it is the SE site only, not the ISP, because if you look at the IP addresses around SE's they are working.

I don't think CRs other businesses have websites or know if there are any if they are affected.
ski holidays
This site is defo down.

Has he got a bolt hole in USA or is that address of the privacy advocate? This is the whois data:

Domain name: skiing-europe.com

Registrant Contact:
Chris Reynard
Private Registration
2316 Delaware Ave Suite #266
Ball Lane
Buffalo
NY, 14216-2687 US
866-434-0212
866-434-0211
526e78e841580b77@private-contact.com

Administrative Contact:
Chris Reynard
Private Registration
Ball Lane
Buffalo
NY, 14216-2687 US
866-434-0212
866-434-0211
doryxm4qxoq1yscf@private-contact.com

Technical Contact:
Chris Reynard
Private Registration
Ball Lane
Buffalo
NY, 14216-2687 US
866-434-0212
866-434-0211
kfpoedbavrs0smw4@private-contact.com

Update date: 2009-11-19
Expiration date: 2012-01-22
latest report
Bode Swiller, I strongly suspect that is just a privacy proxy. Type that address into Google and a whole bunch of stuff comes up.
snow report
achilles, yep, looks like it.
snow report
Many domain registration services provide the option of registering with a private forwarding address, IMO a good idea for individuals who want to set up their own email account and small website, but a mark of a shyster businessman.
snow conditions
Stephen101, I get the impression (and I could be wrong here) That the earliest reports were that SE couldn't get into any Italian resorts this year due to their still owing substantial sums from last year, I'm not sure what happened with the Interlaken hotels, if I understand things correctly SE originally said that they had booked the hotels at half term but the hotel concerned seems to have said that no such booking was ever made. Elsewhere RandomCoachDriver tells us that the trip that he drove on which was supposed to go to St Johann ended up in the considerably smaller area at Imst in a more basic hotel apparently only booked the night before. Even then the cheque for the ski hire bounced which meant that SE's rep was questioned by the local police and might well have been arrested if one of the teachers hadn't paid the bill, to add insult to injury she's then told that she won't even get her wages paid by SE.

Now if this had happened to myself I'd be pretty angry, personally I'd check on the status of SE when it was trading, if it was actually Chris Reynard trading as SE I'd get a lawyer in to insure that he couldn't sell his assets and vanish, of course I'm not a small chap, so maybe if I were owed hundreds, perhaps thousands of pounds I might go pay the man a personal visit, but then my attitude to being ripped off is far nastier than the one I reserve for being insulted. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Quote:

FreeRider
Posts: 11340Stephen101, do you not find it strange that most of the cancelled trips related to this one resort rather than a spread of hotels across different resorts and countries ? statistically this is improbable and suggest some form of collusion. Maybe this is what CR means when he has referred to industrial sabotage

No because Reynard probably decided not to pay his biggest bill, those in Austrian resorts also had problems with the hotel bills being paid, some schools were transferred from Italian resorts (presumably because of similar problems) and the UK coach companies also had problems in getting paid. As for those at Easter and Reynard's past record of trading while insolvent! Statistically a hotel somewhere had to be first - and the most likely was the one where it was intended to send the most people I would have thought. It may also be that the Swiss take a tougher line on those not paying bills than those in other countries - which certainly ties in with my commercial experience in other areas. Lets stick to facts rather than Reynard inspired conspiracy theories.

D G Orf, your account re Interlaken ties with what I was told - the hotel concerned had never made the booking as the deposit due was never received - and the rooms had been given to others a long time previously. In addition, other hotels in Interlaken (and the Tourist office) were contracted by the school to see if they had any bookings in the very short time available to see if they had a booking - none could be found and Reynard ignored requests to confirm where he had booked his supposed alternative accomodation.
snow report
rayscoops,

Oh I also forgot the myriad accounts of instructors not having been paid by Reynard. Perhaps it would be better to ask which bills did he actually pay!
snow conditions
Stephen101,
Quote:

Oh I also forgot the myriad accounts of instructors not having been paid by Reynard. Perhaps it would be better to ask which bills did he actually pay!

A very good question indeed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Has he got a bolt hole in USA

Nope - I have just seen him in my local chippy

ski holidays
....but he's a liar and I'm not sure about you
latest report
I think the poo-poo has finally hit the fan... Friday the thirteenth...
snow conditions
Stephen101 wrote:
rayscoops,

I am sure he has been dodging his liability, but, do you not find it stange that the only (it seems) trips that were cancelled were to one resort ?
ski holidays
fatbob,

I can hear you laughing now
And I can't help feeling that somehow
You don't mean anything you say at all

Kirsty must have known him Very Happy - the kids on Facebook will not understand

rayscoops,
Quote:

but, do you not find it stange that the only (it seems) trips that were cancelled were to one resort ?

No somewhere had to be first - and he has subsequently cancelled trips elsewhere e.g. Mountgrace and others at Easter
latest report
That address is a UPS mail box.
snow report
Stephen101, the original problem with hotels related in the main to one resort, subsequent cancellations by schools themselves may well have been in other resorts, btw 'he' never cancelled any trips, the schools cancelled.
snow conditions
Quote:

btw 'he' never cancelled any trips, the schools cancelled.

Which unfortunately as previously stated is where he may very well have a get out!
snow report
Keeping on repeating speculation isn't going to make it fact. rolling eyes
snow conditions
ccl, rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes This whole thread is exactly just that, speculation and accusations without any real evidence, what about that stalwart of British justice, innocent until proven guilty rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
Quote:

btw 'he' never cancelled any trips

I dont think that is true. The schools paid for a specific holiday, in many cases Skiing Europe did not honour those original bookings as he was changing transport and hotels, resorts and even Countries. Thus the school could either go with the new holiday or should get a full refund. There has been no refunds. Also I know of one school that he turned up to and said there was no holiday and he had no money to fund one.
snow conditions
leedsunited wrote:
ccl, rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes This whole thread is exactly just that, speculation and accusations without any real evidence, what about that stalwart of British justice, innocent until proven guilty rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

we also have the right to free speech.

Also, this thread is not full of accusations - speculation, yes, accusations, no.

We also have parents in this thread who's children have lost their ski holidays thanks to Skiing Europe and Chris Reynard, I think they have a right to try and bring this matter to the attention of as many people as they can.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy