Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Good Cause

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Plus this lot allegedly believed they would be reincarnated on a planet in orbit around Sirius. (Not sure which one).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG wrote:
Let's not make a Mont Blanc out of a Chiltern hill.

I wish we could. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks to a snowHead , we've already had a great response from one airline!

Anyway, leaving aside the question of whether a collective reponse is appropriate - and I do understand individual concerns over this (despite my gentle Order of the Solar Temple dig wink) ... the idea is to create a bursary system that would enable talented kids (who may otherwise have had to miss out through financial considerations) to train on snow.

After this trial year we hope to make it an annual event, on a slightly larger scale.

Whether projects of this kind could be underwritten by the likes of snowHeads "as a whole" is very debatable, and I was only suggesting that the idea might be considered, no more.

Most of us love to see winners - expecially British ones! - excelling in their fields and picking up medals at the major championships. Not so many see the agonies and sacrifices involved in getting remotely close to that level. All but a tiny minority of those who achieve their dreams wouldn't even get close without sponsorship, the backing of families and friends, and the support of coaches and volunteer networks who often give of their time and skills for nothing.

Everything's relative - brought home more than anything by the events of Thursday. I certainly wouldn't begin to compare one cause with another. But remaining a vibrant, successful nation in all fields is what ultimately gives us the desire, ability and means to overcome adversity, and as a result the capacity to support those who are less fortunate at home and in other parts of the world. I think that our sportsmen and women play a vital role in sustaining that psyche of success.

(I have a more detailed word doc explaining the plan, aimed at sponsors - if anyone would like a copy, just PM or email me...)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just a quick update, potential sponsors are lining up, and Snowsport GB through its Chief Executive Jason Cockburn has given the project his full backing.

If any individual snowHeads would like to help out, or have any contacts that might be useful, don't hesitate. All offers of support gratefully received...

Quick reminder of the basic description of the scheme...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy