Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts From Venice/Treviso Airports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First trip for 2006 is sort of decided, we've got flights to Treviso for a long weekend, just got to decide where to go.
Cortina d'Amprezzo looks to be the closest major resort, anyone been there or recommend other options in the region.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rich, Cortina is a super resort but it's a long way from Treviso, come to think of it it's a long way from anywhere. Great scenery, very dfferent from the Alps but probably just right for a long weekend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David@traxvax, Checked on a map and it should be about 80 miles, less than 2 hours transfer.
I heard cortina was a bit posh, is it expensive?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cortina D'ampezzo is 1.5 hours drive ( with the foot on the gas! ) from Venice on the autostrada, via Belluno, a beautiful town on the outskirts of the Dolomotes. Well worth visiting!.

I also seem to recall that you can fly with Ryanair to Treviso which is on the north side of Venice and do not have to drive through the town. Check car hire at Treviso. Last time I used it was October 2002 ( non-skiing ) and everything was fine.

Cortina is very spaced out and there are two sides of the mountain which, ubfortunately, are not linked. But if you have a car, there is no problem. A car is probably best, I think, for Cortina.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We did a long weekend there in Feb 2001. The skiing isn't as extensive as some of the "mega" resorts and the town is less ski oriented than you might think. I.e. it has other things going on (and it's quite big). We had a lot of fun though and the Dolomites make for rather less typical surroundings - incredibly beautiful it has to be said.

One has to be a little careful though as the nature of the rock means that often the piste is bounded on each side by a large chunk of dolomite. I had a major heart in mouth moment during an awesome wipeout as I careened at warp factor ooops! towards said solid piste marker. A helmet would not have helped. Thankfully I stopped in time, although I managed to scalp a good inch off my head on the way.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 7-07-05 9:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh and there is a bar I think called the Clipper which does the Italian habit of serving free snacks in the early evening in a most marvellous way. At least it did 3 1/2 years ago...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've done long week-ends from either Venice or Treviso a few times. Prefer Arabba to Cortina as ski-ing is more readily accessible and quite enjoy the real ski village atmosphere. Ski-ing is the some of the most challenging in the Dolomites and local slopes are long and N facing. No good if you're after nightlife though! Hotel Evaldo nice.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome to snowHeads, parkski snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the welcome, been lurking a while, forum is an excellent ski resource. and semi-fix for the ski-addict!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
parkski, ah, good, so the lack of nightlife wasn't just us being dumb then?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parkski, What's the skking like in Arraba, we don't have a final destination decided yet. Are there other options?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy