Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

20th March departure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My Brother in law and myself want to go for a weeks skiing leaving on the 20th/21st March. Money isn't too plentiful so we want a good deal. We also have the added disadvantage of living on a little Island in the middle of the Irish Sea so have to get to a UK departure Airport. I've looked at Belle Plagne again 'cos I know it well but, equally I like the idea of somewhere else. Without asking people to get out crystal balls is the snow cover in Pas de la Casa usually OK in late March?
Anyone got any other suggestions or is any group looking for 2 more? We are both married and house trained.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been in Late march. snow cover was fine, but the snow itself was icy first thing and sugary in the afternoon due to the lovely weather Shock)

I've been told that ski school instructors are contracted until May which suggests that skiing in April is more than viable
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at Livigno – there are some seriously cheap deals around, It’s not wonderful for beginners or black-runners (though there are a few scary places), but it is a hoot for intermediates and the craique is superb. Good for a week but no longer. Ps – the transfer from Bergamo is loooong (up to 5 hours, depending on snow conditions)
The off-piste is fantastic, but new laws and insurance companies are killing it. Though, if you have a chat with any of the ski schools and can stump up 50€ between you, you can find a guide to take you to (seriously) untouched and steep back
JB
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could try Briancon the lowest ski area in Serre Chevalier, we always go around the 20th March and have always been able to ski down to the lowest lifts . We have also had big dumps of snow in the first week of April, the night life takes some finding though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michael,Myself,Phil Prior,Jon Bignell & possibly Rich Gunner (From Dark Side!) are all looking at that date aswell.As is some of my friends who i have travelled with before.So we'll keep you informed of any deals we might find.
Pas though is good for late snow ,but the resort can be best described as a s#it hole.Good for going on the p#ss though.I would never got back to stay there.Though i would board there from Soldeu.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Simon
Plagne centre was high on my list (for a DIY hol) but the transfers from Geneva are the problem. Are you guys thinking of DIY or Tour Operator stuff?
If flights etc worked out we could share transfers by mini bus or something.
My other option (which is quite attractive at this time is an offer from David Last at Traxx Vacations for his Chalet at La Rosiere. 21 March for a week £365 per person for DBB inc wine and lift pass and transfers from Geneva. There is room for about 4-6 more as well as us 2 so if you're interested I'll give Davids details.
I want to decide fairly soon so let me know your thoughts
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tour operator,though preferably on Euro star,as i like 8 days on the slopes.
La Rosi looks good,looked at it last year,believe theres a couple of nasty drags at the top,which on a board just aren't fun.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Simon, you're right about the drag into Italy, it's long. Although as a cpmpensation you do get the most fantastic view of Mont Blanc. If anyone is interested in going by rail go to www.raileurope.com. Not a lot of people know this but there are return trips available from London to Bourg St Maurice for £99.00. Bourg St Maurice is convenient for Les Arcs, Tignes, Val Despair and Sainte Foy as well as La Rosiere. The trains also stop at Moutiers for the 3Vallees and Aime for la Plagne. RailEurope don't publicise them but SNCF offer a certain number of low fares per train to designated sectors throughout France. Bourg St Maurice is in sector C which equates to £99.00 from London and back. You don't have to travel on the 'vomit express' sorry the Eurostar Ski Train. Just catch a Eurostar from London to Gare de Nore then a cab to Gare D'Austerlitz, takes about 15 -20 minutes, costs about 10 euros and then catch the Service De Nuit, which leaves at about 10pm you can book a couchette and sleep all the way to Bourg, arriving at about 7am. The service runs every night and returns to Paris at about 9pm arriving in time to transfer to Gare de Nore to catch the first eurostar to London. I've done it a few times now and we've got guests in the chalet this week, a party of 12, who travelled from Yorkshire all the way by train.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm on a board though............you see my problem.
Still looking at other locations.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What you sorted Michael?
I'm just starting to look.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy