Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip Report, Tignes Les Lac, February 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Resort: Tignes Les Lac
Domain: Espace Killy
Author: Sabreboy

Date: February 2011
Our holiday: Annual holiday for 8 people.
Basics : Squeasyjet to Geneva - OK, Ski 4 Fun Transfers - excellent service from Marcus - did exactly what and when they promised to, a good price as we filled the minibus with 8 people. The custom timing allowed us to get an extra day and a half skiing in.
Lift system : Massive, mostly quick, and a few free lifts for beginners.
The terrain : Lots & lots. Ok beginner slopes to start learning on, but to get the large "green" bowl requires a full area pass. Mrs Sabreboy was happy with her blue and green cruising. The rest of us enjoyed some quieter pistes and areas, as well as skidding down a couple of icy blacks.
The snow : Despite there having been no fresh snow for 5 weeks, the pistes were in good condition and the snow cannons had been on. A few (steeper pistes) were very hard and icy at times, but overall we were very impressed with the work done by the piste bashers each night.
Off-piste : Enjoyed Bar Loop for apre ski, full of Brits, Aussies and Kiwis.
The resort : Not the prettiest, but didn't put us off. Plenty of ski shops, didn't make it to the swimming pool.
Food : Coffee was 3.50 Euros in any mountainside cafe, whether top quality or dishwater. Very good meal at Edelweiss above Val d'Isere but pricey (no great surprise there). Some very nice bars & restaraunts with real French people in them too.

Accommodation : Chalet La Tourne with The Tignes Chalet Company , good service, excellent food, ok location, ok rooms, good price, ugly building.
Ski Hire : Tignes Spirit had good service, collect you by minibus if required or deliver to your chalet. Appear to be well set up for boarders however we were left a little underwhelmed by the Head TT60 as a gold level piste ski (they had no Platinum piste skis).
Lessons : Mrs Sabreboy had group lessons with Evolution 2 , she was very happy with her weeks learning and skiing with Jeff. The rest of us had lessons with Ultimate Snowsports . Our beginner loved her class wtih Matt. We learned lots with a couple of private lessons with Fred and thoroughly enjoyed our day off-piste with Fred able to find some fun snow to play in despite the lack of fresh snowfall.
Costs: Quite pricey, but a bit cheaper than Val d'Isere. Worth it.

Conclusion: Loved it, can't wait to go skiing again. Wish I had taken private lessons on previous trips - it really has improved me to a better level of Standard British Skiier. Tignes has some lovely places to eat & fine wines to drink. Chalet was cracking value and I would recommend it. I can imagine the resort turning into a playground with a bit of fresh snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy