Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any tips for Les Coches and la pagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any tips or updates about staying in Les coches . We are staying in les Chalet de Wengen and it appears to be a well positioned well appointed set of accomodation .
But does anyone have any tips on where to eat , drink , which supermarket to use , where to park , good routes that avoid the queueus .
If I remember correctly avoiding Plagne Bellcote at anything other than lunch time is a must .
Any good runs/journeys that are away from the crowds in half term that are a must do !

Any help or tips , advice at all much appreciated .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gwatts10, I am going to Les Coches in April. I haven't stayed there before but have skied the area numerous times. Les Coches isn't that big so I suspect your options will be limited. There is a town map here which you can use interactively or download as a pdf: http://www.montchavin-lescoches.com/www-plan_interactif_les_coches-970-HIVER-UK.html From that same page you can access a list of shops and services (including bars and restaurants).

I believe there is only one supermarket a Spar plus a boulangerie and a couple of local produce shops. Best to buy some stuff on the way in at a bigger supermarket if you are able.

I suspect parking will be available on the street. Being the time of the season you may have to park a little way from your apartment depending on what time you get there. There is underground parking if you want to pay for the privilege.

The lifts out of Les Coches should be OK. Yes, the Plagne Bellecote and Centre hubs always seems to be busy but is unavoidable at some stage. Over at Montalbert is usually quiet. And being in Les Coches you will have the run of things both sides of the VE early in the morning.

Sorry if this is stuff you know already.

Please report back on Les Coches for me. We are staying in La Traverse right next to the Plan Bois lift.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We skied from the chalets de Wengen last April and found it very good, just prepare for loads of stairs - lucky we were high up so within easy reach of the high road..
The pool was small but nice to relax in as well as easy access into the sauna & steam rooms - which was great as we had never had the pleasure of such amenaties after a days skiing before !!.
There is a reception area with wi-fi and I use to collect bread / croisants there in the mornings fresh for breakfast but you do have to book in advance.
It is an easy walk down to the Spa shop & bottom of chair lift (possibly only 300 yds) nice down hill to start the day, we were able to be first there every day. up to top then a 5 minute ski down to the Vanois Express or continue up.

Check with my thread under PISTE with 30% off ski passes for Les Arc & Le Plagne.
http://lesarcs.paradiski.com/FlashSales.aspx

When we were there last April, our Paradiski ski passes allowed us a day in either Tignes or the 3 valleys as part of the price.
So we had a day out in Tignes and used the swimming pool there for the cost of petrol & an hours drive in the hire car, although if you know where you are going it could be shorter as we didn;t go fast.

We were self catering so we weren;t too bothered by the lack of other shops & wide range of restaurants, there are a few but we booked to get a place towards the end of our stay in a restaurant.

We had brought food at Alberville on our way in at the super U on the dual carriageway in so saved money on the local Spa.

The chalet was tight on Loo rolls though - whilst there were 5 of us staying they only left 4 rolls for the week which I thought was a bit tight.
It is an easy drop down to Montchavin and there is a bus I believe between the 2.
I think there was an ice ring just above Les Coches but we didn;t use it.

Easy to catch the Vanois Express across to Les Arc where you can get higher up into the bowl which gave better skiing (although we went in April nearing the end of high season so the conditions low down were mushy).
We liked the resort and prefered it to le Plagne Bellecote.
It was easy to get up to the glacier via the roche de mio early in the day, beating the le Plagne crowds.
From there it is a nice run down into Champagny En Vanoise valley then back over to le Plagne.
I did enjoy the runs down through the trees back to les Coches at the end of the day.
My boss was in Montchavin over Christmas and agreed that the area was great (we both have families).

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Noisey
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i love la plagne, you will have a ball, the runs down to Les Coches (if the snow is there) are great.
Wish i were coming with you......room for a small one in ur case?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy