Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer, Grenoble trrain station to La Grave, advice please.

Poster: A snowHead
Myself and a mate are booked for three days guided skiing at Skiers' Lodge, La Grave. We've got train tickets booked to and from Grenoble as follows-

Out, 12 March arrive Grenoble 16.30.
Back, 16 March depart Grenoble 10.05.

There is travel information on the Skiers' Lodge website, but, frankly, I'm finding it far from clear. Is there anyone out there that has knowledge of the bus transfer options? Are we doomed to an a couple of expensive taxi rides?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.vfd.fr/horaires/ler-35/ler35-18-12-2010-au-24-04-2011

looks like you are stuffed for your return trip but taxi one way may be more palatable than a return. alternatively, there are car hire places near the station so renting a car for the trip might be cheaper than taxis
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spud9, Here is the timetable for the bus to Serre Chevalier which stops in La Grave. There may be other options, such as getting the bus to Les Deux=Alpes, getting off at the dam, and getting a taxi to collect you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spud9, Hi...I'm heading to La Grave on the 5th. I have rung altibus who run the service LER 35 mentioned above. I'm due to take a bus from GVA which changes at Grenoble Gare, next to the rail station, at 1715. They assure me there are always places. The local taxi company in La G quoted me 139 euros for a one way trip to Grenoble and this might be the best way for your return. Skier's Lodge are reputed to run a shuttle from the station....have they stopped this now?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andrewchalmers, The Skiers Lodge website has a section on travel information (cunningly hidden under the 'contacts' tab). It refers to a service offered by Bensbus, and links to the timetables that Arno and Hells Bells have also linked to, but then it has a seperate timetable at the bottom of the page. If, as you say, they used to run a shuttle, perhaps they still do, and this is theier timetable. The website is far from clear. Time to get onto Skiers Lodge themselves to see what they have to say.

Actually, looking more closely at the website they do say 'we can arrange to pick you up from Grenoble Station' so hopefully the problem is solved.

Thanks people.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andrewchalmers,
Quote:

Skier's Lodge are reputed to run a shuttle from the station....have they stopped this now?

Yes - but does not stop you asking them. The bus is fine.. used it plenty of times. You can book on Altibus.com.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Would have thought Skiers Lodge would have had full info on available transport and,to be honest,that would have been one of the first questions to ask.....before you booked Puzzled
Anyway,take a look at www.bensbus.co.uk .They run between Grenoble Airport and Les deux Alpes and,if their times fit,would drop/collect you at the turning by Lac du Chambon.They are cheap,it will cost you £25 on a Sat. You've got to get to the airport,but it cant be far? There is a link for a local taxi guy to get to LG.Strongly suggest you email them to see if they can help?Nice,helpful people....if they can help you they will Very Happy
Good chance for the inbound(I would think)but think you have a problem on departure? 10.05 flight means around 8.00 check in,which means leaving LG around 6.00.Sorry,my friend,but I suspect that will cost you Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowskisnow, I thought Spud9 was travelling by train, so no need for 6am departure.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
10.05 flight means around 8.00 check in,.........Sorry about that,got airport on the brain Embarassed But I reckon you still need to be moving by 7.30 ish...which is out of hours for any Taxi driver wink
Option 2,car hire.Just got a quote from the first that popped up(Avis)and its £160 for a Corsa sized vehicle...big enough?
You need to do some quick number crunching.Suspect that if a Taxi journey is involved for the return,car hire may be more economic? You will be sharing costs,so all the better.And you wont be stuck on some pavement wondering if the bus is 'actually' going to turn up Confused
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowskisnow, bus service is (I'm told) very reliable (a retired couple I know use it regularly), but I'm with you on the cost of the taxi.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells wrote:
bus service is (I'm told) very reliable .

I've seen that said elsewhere,so may well be true....and it runs from Grenoble Station to LDA(I think?)Presume that means hopping off at Chambon and taxi-ing into LG? There is,I believe,a bus to LG...but only a couple of times a day?
The biggest problem IMHO,is making sense of French Timetables.I've always found them almost incomprehensible Confused
Spud9 has time to mess about on the inbound.Miss a connection on the return = disaster!!! And...I have always found them soooo sloooow Laughing It could have all melted by the time they arrive wink Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
you need the grenoble briancon service as linked above
2 times daily except at weekends
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno wrote:
you need the grenoble briancon service as linked above
2 times daily except at weekends

Looks like that might work for the inbound....but the earliest return gets into Grenoble at 10.25.
The train.....she az gone wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks people, much to ponder here. is there a shuttle or not? Bus one way-taxi the other? Car hire? Will consult with mate.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowskisnow, the one I linked to seems reasonably clear, but not much use if the bus doesn't run at the required times.
latest report
We've decided to hire a car. Outward journey worksd reasonably well, but we can't afford to miss that early train back from Grenoble.
latest report
Spud9, So sorted...well done. Have fun in La Grave Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy