Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reith im alpbactel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone give me any info on this place. We are going to mayrhofen next week and as we are setting off a day early I have booked a b&b in reith for the Friday night. I see there is night skiing on Fridays so might try that as a pre ski holiday ski! Was also thinking that we might ski the local alpbach area on the Saturday and then travel to mayrhofen. Is this a good ski area? Any lunch recommendations etc would be grateful
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never skied in Alpbach but my parents have... They said they liked it. I realise that isn't particularly helpful to you though.
It would be a shame to miss skiing in Mayrhofen on Saturday though. Saturday is changeover day, so the pistes are usually at their quietest.

Are you driving? If so, Tip No. 1: Drive along Zillertal either early in the morning or late eveningon Saturday, otherwise you'll be crawling in a traffic jam.
Tip No. 2: Fill up with fuel in Brixlegg. This is the village at the entrance to Alpbachtal. There are three petrol stations on the main road, the first one you get to has a blue and green sign (can't remember the name) and is usually the cheaper of the three. For the last few months, it has been consistently 5 or so cents cheaper than the petrol stations in Zillertal.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have fun Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SaraJ wrote:

It would be a shame to miss skiing in Mayrhofen on Saturday though. Saturday is changeover day, so the pistes are usually at their quietest.

No worries about that as we are skiing the following Saturday in Mayrhofen so we can have the best of both worlds! Or is the skiing in alpbach so poor it would be a waste of time?

Many thanks for the petrol and driving tips

Anyone got any other info please?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Reith im Alpbachtal is a relatively small area, really one long valley run. I've only skied there once, on a wet and stormy day when the lifts further up the valley were shut down. I found it fine for a day, although there isn't a great deal of variety. Given our recent warm weather and the fact that Reith is quite low, I'd be a little suspicious of what conditions might be like at present. Here's a photo showing the Hochlift T-bar and the top station of the Reitherkogel gondola in the background.

There does appear to be night skiing on Fridays (till the 6th March) see here for details (on the English page).

The ski area at Alpbach itself, further up the valley, is much more extensive and makes a good day's skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
daveqpr, It's 25 years since I skied in the Alpbachtal! Shocked (I learnt to ski there) Very Happy . The main ski area of Alpbach is on the Wiedersbergerhorn, see piste map. You'd do best to drive the short distance from Reith to the car park at the Wiedersbergerhorn Gondola and ski from there rather than on Reith's much more limited and lower pistes. There's also an itinerary route shown on the map which goes down to Inneralpbach.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
daveqpr

Alpbach is a very entertaining ski area with a 3000 ft (or so) vertical. Easy access, some great cruising runs, nice scenery and some quaint mountain restaurants. Definitely worth a look on your way to Mayrhofen.

We did exactly the same last March and had a great day - though we did have powder Very Happy.....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are here! Left home last night at 8 pm and drove into resort at 1 pm local time so 16 hours door to door. Had a quick look at the slope and a bit of lunch at the gondola restaurant. Snow looks as expected (not the best!) but at least it's complete to the bottom. Just had a kip and now getting ready, so will be night skiing in an hours time!
Have decided to head straight to mayrhofen tomorrow to avoid any possible traffic problems, but might try the main alpbach resorts on way back next weekend.
Will report on night skiing tomorrow
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quick update....
Just back from the hill. What a great start to the holiday. Granted the snow wasn't the best but it was great to be back on it and a night before the official holiday skiing commences. The hill has one long red served by a gondola and acording to ski tracks it's about a 480m drop. It also has another red at the top served by a drag and a few short blues as well. We got about 8 runs in in total as well as a stop half way Dow for the obligatory gluewhein.
All in all a great friday evening for 14 euros each. Beats watching corrie!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh yea forgot to say the gondolas and trees up top where covered with snow when we got to the slope and it was snowing when we got to the top but had stopped before we got back up for the second run. About 1cm in total Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds good - enjoy your holiday!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy