Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pila Holidays - March

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - we've just booked a week in Pila leaving on 6th March, but I've since found out it's school holidays in the Aosta Valley during this week. We werre hoping for quiet slopes etc in Pila, but this doesn't seem likely if the schools are off. We're unable to change the booking with Crystal unless we pay a 90% cancellation fee. Can anyone give us any information about Pila during the holiday; I've heard there is a carnival?? Are we likely to have a week of busy slopes and partying?? Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
reno, I'd have thought it will be ok. I was there for the season a couple of years ago and it was rare for it too be really busy. Sundays are likely to be the worse when all the Turin \ Milan locals pitch up.

IIRC the main carnival for the Valley is a bit earlier, in Jan\Feb, the Saint Orso which is crazy down in the main town. It could be the village carnival in which case it won't make much of a difference.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you should be fine I did a season in Pial about four years ago the resort never really got horribly busy with the exception of weekends whihc is the same all over Italy and doesn't matter what time of year you go. The busiest time is about 10 when ski schools begin but if you jump in the gondola by 09.30 it will be quiet over most of the mountain. if you are going with crystal and not in ski school make sure you pay extra for the VDA pass and take adavantage of their Ski Away day to one of the other resorts in the Valley.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just checked with you with our rep as we are coming back that day - Carole at Pilaski.co.uk. She lives out there during the winter so should know.

Quote - Yes I know all about Carnival week and I advise anyone who has a choice
not to come this week!!
The hotels are all full for this week and it is also busy with locals as
all the children are off school. All the local race clubs are here too.
There is not too much partying going on in the evening.
On the Thursday there is a fancy dress torch light descent which is good
fun, then a lot of partying after.

I think it is terrible that Crystal didn't advise the clients that it was
Carnival week. end Quote

Not good news but at least you get to see a fancy dress torch light descent - or take some gear and join in Sad

Very sad as normally it is a quite place outside of the weekends and a great place to ski.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the information. We're going to try changing the booking once more with Crystal but I don't hold out much hope; if not we'll just have to pack the fancy dress outfits!! It's unfortunate as we booked Pila for the quiet slopes, having spent New Year in Cervinnia which was bedlam with locals and ski schools alongside the usual tourists. Hope you have a great time when you go - I think in future we'll stick with a small independant like Pilaski, rather than the big boys. Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
reno, Carole is good on Pila as she lives there and that is all she does and as she has been doing it for some time knows what she is doing. It is a shame as that is why we go there too for the quiet. We fly out on Sunday and back on Saturday hence missing the busy weekends too as we use it as a warm up for later. Another reason for Pilaski as she can sort any length or dates out in all sorts of different accommodation types and cost.

They have opened up a new area this year up the top - an ungromed black if that is your cup of tea. I will go for a look before coming back down the track as I am a wimp with a doggy knee. There is a photo of the "lift" tunnel on Pilaski facebook page.

There should be room to get away from most of the crowds so it won't be too bad just remember to pack the fancy dress Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jake43, We were in Courmayeur and Pila last year at Carnivale (it means goodbye to meat - the start of Lent in the old days) and it was a lot of fun. Enjoy it!

snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It must have changed a lot since i worked there i do not remember it being overcrowded at all yes there were more skiers than the average week but Pila is normally very quiet, there were lots of nice things happening and to a lot of people it made their holiday a better one. as for warning people not to come on that week a find that ridiculous it makes it more interesting and about 70% of the Italians there were more interested in sunbathing than skiing. I wouldn't worry at all join in the festivities and enjoy your skiing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we are going 1st - 5th, hopefully we will miss it...........
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
anybody in Pila this week? checked the webcams and noticed its looking unsually busy for a monday?..... wonder if this is due to school holidays??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yes probably is most operators had extra flights into Turin yesterday plus you have Interski with the schools trips.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ahh, good point Richavo; we don't have kids and sometimes forget!! Shock
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My niece is there this week with 80 others from her school! She sent me a text saying the resort was full of "bloody kids". (she's 1Cool.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cbowls30, You have to be careful about half term - there is a thread on here that shows all holidays for all nationalities which is well worth looking at before booking a week in Feb.

Should be fine again next week - I hope
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jake43;
yeh we checked the very hand table showing halfterm dates, and apart from france that week nobody else is supposed to be off although i know the week after the italian schools in are off for carnivale, which shouldn't effect us as we are leaving the day they should be arriving! British schools should be back in school by the time we get there (we hope!)........... fingers crossed!
latest report
cbowls30, Snap may see you there
ski holidays
im hoping to be in pila march 2-9th...i dont mind it getting a bit hectic...be totally cook if there was a big rig in the square pumping out house music..but thats probably no going to happen >
i was there in march last year> Madeye-Smiley the mountains busy at lunch times..mostly ferrari fans sunbathing on the terraces > the slopes were fine up high...
snow conditions
Went to Pila last year in the half term break, once you get on the gondola from Aosta town and past the Baby Pila and Pila Gorraz rush and onto the mountain itself, you'll be fine! The Bowl opens up and you shouldn't find too many busy lifts....had a fantastic burger at the outdoor BBQ area at the bottom of the Couis 2 chairlift! Laughing
latest report
gforcerecords wrote:
im hoping to be in pila march 2-9th...i dont mind it getting a bit hectic...be totally cook if there was a big rig in the square pumping out house music..but thats probably no going to happen >
i was there in march last year> Madeye-Smiley the mountains busy at lunch times..mostly ferrari fans sunbathing on the terraces > the slopes were fine up high...

We will miss you as we are there 10th. Its only ever busy at a weekend. Look at the facebook link on pilaski.co.uk for a daily update and pictures.
snow report
'll do that yeah ..and hope its gonna be hot Mad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy