Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

international warranties

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What are peoples expectations regarding international warranties, if you buy a pair of bindings from Europe and have a warranty claim in the UK do you think the local distributor should deal with the warranty claim or would you expect to send it back to the place of purchase.
Ta
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's purchased within EU, then the warranty is pan-EU (but possibly only for the original purchaser). Store is the 1st point of call. Local distributor after that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I once bought an Opel car - the local Vauxhall garage was happy to honour my warranty. Mind you that attitude paid off - we have since bought many cars from them over the years. So I would go along with andy's advice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geeo, if the warranty is europe wide or world wide, then you should in the first instance go to your local dealer, you will be required to show proof of purchase to say that you bought the product within the warranty period and that it was from an authorised dealer.

at that point the dealer needs to contac the supplier (the brand) and deal with the warranty in the normal manner. the warranty is normally billed back to the country of original purchase as an accounting exercise.

if the local dealer is not willing to help then you should ask for the contact deatails of the supplier and speak to their customer services department, part of stocking a product form a brand is agreeing that you will handle any warranty claims that come through the door, the retailer should not have to pay anythign to deal with it so you may be asked to cover postage for the product until it has been deemed a fault and then that would be reufunded... problem is it rarely works the other way round, when you take something into a dealer in resort that they did not sell they don't often whant to help, we now have a black list of accounts around europe who have refused to help clients of one the brands i handle warranties for, they will all be getting a very nicely worded letter from the head of the service centre at the world wide headquarters. Toofy Grin

PM me the details and if it is a brand i am invoved with i will se what we can do, or if not something we deal with then i can let you know the relevent person to deal with
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Colin
Thanks for the offer it is getting sorted now, i thought that would be the case unfortunately it's the UK face of the company being a bit difficult not the distributor/dealer it's no good when you buy something under one guarentee only to feel like your trying to get something you shouldn't be when you want it honoured outside your country of purchase.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, agreed +1

We had an interesting one some years ago (6years I think), I bought my son some second hand skis from a shop at a ski slope, the Atomic bindings failed first time out, we took back to another retailer, out come new pair of bindings fitted no problems and no charge. It was a known problem with that binding which may have made a difference.

geeo, hope it goes well, there are enough retail people on Snowheads to help out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy