Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vonn pulls out of remaining WC events

Poster: A snowHead
DB, so that's at least one thing that me and Benni have in common...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
But this with Beni has nothing really to do with dangerous course. Today's course was so easy, that I could easily make it. Snow was soft, course was flat, and it was set so, that inspection was done in 5 mins. Most of athletes were just speeding through inspection without stopping. So it was just bad luck, and to be honest, from this what I saw (was standing about 100 or 200m lower) it didn't look like anything. So a bit more bad luck for Austrians in this season.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At this rate to the make the numbers up Austria will be bringing Hermann Maier and Franz Klammer out of retirement. Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was just joking (I know I know there's nothing to joke about this) with photo chief here in GAP (he's also official OSV photographer) about this. With all these injuries Austrians have, they certainly won't have problems with team qualifications for rest of season. Even if this was meant as joke, it's pretty close to truth... unfortunately.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Imho, a course should be made so that it doesn't cut up so much, to impede the last competitors.Nothing more, nothing less. Recently some of the courses, have relied on brut strength to get down, rather than tecnique. Ski's chattering, rather than carving...arms and legs flaying. It's all getting rather silly in my book.

With all sports where Technology is involved, it gets to a point where the parameters of the sport have to be changed.

Golf is a good example...courses having to be made longer.

I feel Ski courses are being made harder, to accomodate the Ski's which are being used, which are much easier and also the greater fitness of the Skiers.

Skiers and Rugby players are developing their fitness and muscles, but a joint and ligament can only stand so much force. I've noticed a lot more injuries of late.

Finding a balance between Fitness, Strength, Tecnique, Technology and course needs to be done. I think they have gone to far with the course set ups, to try to compensate. How far will it go?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DB wrote:
I bet Benni Raich wishes he hadn't of entered the team event now.

http://asia.eurosport.com/alpineskiing/raich-picks-up-injury_sto2668522/story.shtml

Sad

Ouch....I was there today watching the team event (here for the whole two weeks, every race wink) ) and heard he'd gone off to hospital. Poor sod, very frustrating and, no doubt, very painful...

As for Lindsey Vonn, I think she's an amazing skier but she always seems to pull an injury out of the bag when she's not doing so well. I know she had a nasty crash but if it was that bad, why didn't she pull straight out, you don't mess with head injuries...but, she waited till after Maria Riesch crashed out of the slalom in Zwiesel before not starting, then raced Super G in GAP, complained a bit more and then still managed to race downhill, until she finally pulled out of the races that aren't strictly her discipline anyway.

As for the course, Bode Miller stated he thought it needed to be tougher than normal as it's a World Championships not a World Cup. I also read a comment about the fact that because Lindsey skis on different skis she suffers more when it's icy as her skis are much better on softer snow. I haven't skied the Kandahar this year and don't ski on her skis so can't comment, just found it all very interesting. There's been a lot of debate here about it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
primoz wrote:
I was just joking (I know I know there's nothing to joke about this) with photo chief here in GAP (he's also official OSV photographer) about this. With all these injuries Austrians have, they certainly won't have problems with team qualifications for rest of season. Even if this was meant as joke, it's pretty close to truth... unfortunately.

When talking about football, they say "if you bring along your boots, you might get a game!" Does the same apply with skiing??? - I'm waxing my skis as we speak (in the hope that it does)

kooky where abouts do you train? (you mentioned it in a previous post). I'm far to old to race, but wouldn't mind picking up some of the racing techniques/skills for my own personal use
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skidmarks wrote:
Pregnant!

Damn - she said she woudlnt tell anyone...

I'd better start shopping for nursery gear then
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
primoz wrote:

Maybe it will give more of the up and coming Austrian skiers a chance. Reports are saying it will take 6 months for Raich to be back on skis. One radio report speculated that he might retire as he's now 32 and has been skiing at the top level since he was around 18.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
While the GS start is delayed German TV is showing WMs from the 70s and 80s...jesus its like uncovered pitches in cricket
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
papasmurf, Does it say why start is delayed?
The mens qualification race for GS is also today. The top 50 seeded GS racers do not have do it, going straight through for tomorrows race.
Guess what seeding the GB guys were? TJ Baldwin 51, Dave Ryding 52 & Noel Baxter 56. At least they will have a clean track going bibs 1, 2 & 6.
Good luck to them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Plugboy, fog, but its underway now Very Happy Good luck to the boys in the quali race
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Plugboy, results showing after the 1st run indicate that they will qualify for the Men's race on Friday. - TJ is currently lying 2nd, Noel 3rd and David Ryding joint 4th.

Both races (the qualifier and the Women's GS) were delayed because of the fog. Both running now and the middle sections are very misty. It looks like it is sunny above the mist so it may burn off for the second runs.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah fog/mist at start and middle, cleared up a bit then came back in again.. 2 round also pushed back to around 15:05 due to 1st round delay I think.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
All 3 GBR boys got through ok. Dave & Noel =4th, TJ 6th just 0.03 behind.

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=62349
snow report
Plugboy, all three of them just 0.03s apart? That's close! Did they race at the same time and hold hands all the way down?
snow report
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing Brit race power....be a cracking race tomorrow!!! Just heard Hannes Reichelt is out now, Stephan Görgl will take his place.
ski holidays
kooky, what's the news with Hannes? The German girls are suffering with this virus that is affecting a lot of the racers now.

I wonder if Rebensburg will have enough in reserve to make her 2nd run charge?. Sadly our local girl Vroni Staber did not make the cut, but she was a late qualifier - she was here in the village at the beginning of last week thinking she had a few days off! Apparently the only one not affected on the German team is Lena Dürr who was not at Zwiesel as he had to attend school in Germering. So school can be good for somethings after all wink
snow report
Samerberg Sue, Knee prellung, he must take 10 days out http://www.oesv.at/aktuelles/skialpin/20110216_reicheltmussaufriesentorlaufverzichten.html
ski holidays
I am hoping Tina Maze will hold on to her lead, she will be the first Gold for Slovenia in Alpine ( I think!?) and I know that will put a massive grin on someones face wink
snow report
kooky, have you seen these yet - Görgl is not just a world class skier! I was pleasantly surprised after all the mockery I'd heard about her singing at the opening ceremony!

http://youtube.com/v/D7QXF30yKWo

Obviously a promo video but not bad!

And the opening ceremony!

http://youtube.com/v/xg9tqN5cfT0&feature=related

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Christ on a bike, that's dreadful
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, I think you may well want to go back and visit your doctor, that swine flu seems to have affected your hearing wink

primoz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy you buying the beers then tonight! Laughing
snow report
kooky, looks like Primoz will be celebrating hard tonight! Well done Tina Maze! Toofy Grin

Dr John, and you're obviously a top star in disguise (not) rolling eyes
snow conditions
we were subjected to that song far to many times last weekend in Garmisch..

Seems this virus has been on the circuit for a while, didn't Svindal and some others on the mens circuit have it a few weeks ago aswell..wonder how it got onto the girls!!
snow report
kooky, Actually she has a pleasant voice and is pretty laid back about it all. The promo video I found interesting - a world champion skier takes the time to not only learn, rehearse and record the song (however cheesy or not you find it) and then is able to sing it live at the opening ceremony! Hats off to her! More than most would be able to do and still win races at that level!

Beers are deffo on Primoz tonight! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Beers are on someone else tonight Wink That's one of nights, when I think I don't need to buy a beer Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy