Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coronet Peak, New Zealand

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Copied from my post in "Trips":

Coronet Peak snow report today said: "Great skiing and riding on soft, spring-like snow." Both the 8am and 12.30pm reports said that.

Moosepig said: "Great skiing my a*se!!"

It was a dripping, sodden slush festival with all the appeal of a melted ice cream, from the top of the mountain to the base. And that was at 10am! Having made the mistake of believing the snow report and driven up the hill, bought my day pass and kitted up, I splished and sploshed my way through the hoardes of poor, unfortunate beginners (what a way to spend your first day on skis) to the express lift, which then ground to a halt while they loaded 47 Japanese sightseeing tourists on at the top for their trip back down. An hour and a half - and only 3 runs - later, I gave up for the day as I was in danger of having to swap my goggles for a snorkel.

I don't mind missing a few days' skiing while I'm here, there's plenty else to do - so come on Coronet Peak, BE MORE HONEST ABOUT YOUR SNOW CONDITIONS!!!! $70+ for 90 minutes of poor skiing is, frankly, a rip off.

As for the resort itself - well gourmet skiing this ain't. Nowhere to change, huge queues for everything and inefficient staff at the end of them, storage lockers that cost $2 an hour, plus impatient and discourteous instructors on the beginners' course (my wife was trying out skiing for the first time today - needless to say she is not especially hooked!). Not a great advert for New Zealand I'm afraid. Maybe it's just Queenstown - which at the moment, thanks to the Festival of Winter, is full of rude people, and that seems to include the locals. Shame really, the rest of New Zealand has been totally and absolutely wonderful (with the exception of the rugby results). I won't bother with Coronet Peak again on this trip.

The weather systems we have at the moment are going to preclude decent skiing for several days anyway, so I'll probably leave the Remarkables and Cardrona until later in the week. Ciao for now!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy