Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rare piste signpost from Kent

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

The run to Canterbury looks to be almost as long as the Vallee Blanche - must be a classic.
Anyone skied it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd say that was Stone street or thereabouts and no I haven't skied it, too long and straight so a bit boring.
If I is where I think it is its boring to drive let along ski...!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wherever it is, I don't know why we're not receiving snow reports.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it's just outside Hastingleigh
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't say that I've ever skied there, however when we lived opposite Brands Hatch on the A20 we were 500ft + above sea level and as a small child I did once ski arround the garden no small deal because we had almost 5 acres of garden Cool
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf wrote:
Can't say that I've ever skied there, however when we lived opposite Brands Hatch on the A20 we were 500ft + above sea level and as a small child I did once ski arround the garden no small deal because we had almost 5 acres of garden Cool
Certain parts of Kent are well known for their microclimates – they tend to be caused by build ups of methane produced by the French on shopping trips to buy tea bags!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome to snowHead SnowHeads snowHead, fundraiser!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fundraiser,

Welcome to Snowheads, snowHead

Snowheads needs all the funds raised wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We also like fun raising, and raisins in general
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Checking distances on a map it may be TR090451 near Hastingleigh. The hidden arm of the crossroad sign may say "Elmstead".

I was at school near there, in Stowting and later Ashford. We had some very snowy winters. Neither my family nor any friends were skiers but we made our own sledges - big heavy and solid. The slopes from the Stone Street down towards Stowting and Monks Horton were wonderful. We could go so fast and the slopes seemed huge. Certainly they were huge when pulling a heavy sledge back up to the top of the slope. There were a few places around Cobb's Hill that were really steep. The tricky part was the barbed wire fences and hawthorn hedges dividing the fields. About 1963 we had similar snow depths to those in David's picture. The old lanes formed snow traps, it just blew in and the council snow ploughs could not shift it. The only way was to use diggers (JCB or similar). Some places they even dug out by hand because there were completely buried cars and no way of knowing where they were until you dug into them! We missed a whole week of school because the roads were impassable. OTOH the electricity was also cut off for over a week so cooking, heating and light was only available from open fires.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf is not the only person to have skied in Kent, I lived near Herne Bay for a number of years and we sometimes skied on the Downs, a grassy slope leading to the seafront, it was particularly good in the evening when the temperature dropped and the slope was illuminated by the street lights. On a couple of occasions we organized a rope tow using the winch of a Land Rover. I can also remember skiing on dry slope at Chatham when it was covered with snow, you could have almost been in Wengen.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fundraiser wrote:
they tend to be caused by build ups of methane produced by the French on shopping trips to buy tea bags!

Does M. Chirac know about this?
I think he should be told! Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat,

Good spot...!! Sounds pretty damn close..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy