Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spring skiing - looking for early May Alps ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'd like to join up with a group. Would be great to check out on of these places: http://www.skyscanner.net/news/articles/2009/03/001013-10-best-ski-resorts-for-late-season-snow-spring-skiing.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
msteinbergtx, welcome to snowheads snowHead . May is very late, and in Europe your choice is limited by then. Many resorts will be closed (even if there's plenty of snow). In France, I'd say the two main options would be Tignes (one mentioned in the article) and the Grand Montets in Chamonix - two rather different spots. Depends what sort of thing you're looking for, really. There are other options which no doubt people who know more about them can describe - generally they'll be places with glaciers. That late, people will tend to be responding opportunistically to conditions, especially for off-piste touring, if that is your thing (it's not mine, but there are some people on snowheads with huge amounts of experience, who could advise if that's what you're after). So far, in much of the Alps, this season has not produced a lot of snow - could be completely different later in the season, of course. If you could go in April you'd have hugely more choice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As for May: Hintertux in Austria should be ok as glacier skiing, or maybe do both: Hintertux and Stubai glaciers

http://www.bergfex.com/stubaier-gletscher/
http://www.bergfex.com/hintertux/

I believe thay might be within 1 to 2h drive. It is hard to say how much will be open in May. You might be limited to top slopes only.

However if you go in April there will be much more open as this year Easter is very late. Tignes, Val Thorens, Ischgl, Zermatt all should be good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Pam and Tom. I'll check conditions as we get closer to that date. Maybe go to Sweden instead?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy