Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Malcesine/Monte Baldo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Back recently from Lake Garda, 90 odd degrees every day and lemon trees in fruit.

One town, Malcesine features a brand new cablecar (two stages - second stage revolves as it moves!) and, from what I saw, a couple of short drag lifts.

http://www.funiviedelbaldo.it/eng/montebaldo.asp

There is an alpine type restaurant and a building with Italian Ski School signs on it and enough evidence to give it the look of being operational in winter.

Does anyone know anything?

I recall one of the tour operators used to go to Limone (on the other side of Lake Garda) - surely this was for a differnt area and skiers didnt have to catch the ferry across the lake every day?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
T-Dub, I've only ever been to Limone in summer, but I don't think that you have access to any ski areas from there. Certainly not directly anyway. I recall one of the shop owners telling me that Limone is completely shut down in winter.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
T-Dub, not thinking of Limone Piemonte are you?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed in Malcesine in summer 1997. The chap who owned the Hotel we stayed in said that there was skiing on Monte Baldo in winter, but that cover wasn't always great and it was really used by locals only. Not worth a trip to ski it as there are much larger resorts to the north, in his opinion.

I did cycle up Monte Baldo. Malcesine-Torbole-UP!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
neilswingler wrote:
T-Dub, not thinking of Limone Piemonte are you?

Aha, a second Limone. It did seem improbable to send skiers to somewhere with a Mediterranean climate so far from worthwhile mountains - a decent drive to Madonna..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy