Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

buy a board or hire ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi, never snowboarded before, skiied once, i`m going to brides le baines(france) in march, should i just hire a board out there or grab a second hand one from ebay! , there`s loads of custom burtons on ebay for around £150, which is about what the hire will be right??

so looking forward to this btw.

ta
jay
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Burton Custom is rather advance board I do not think it will make your learning process easy.
So it is important to get the first board right.
On the other hand rental boards could be bad (and bindings even worst). For some reasons one could always expect good gear when renting skis but opposite selection when renting boards. It is maybe just my experience.
But with renting gear your can always change and experiment. Just find the good shop.

I would suggest buying gear in this order: first bots, second bindings, and then board.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ok thanks..
being a wakeboarder and used to carving, i was hoping this was gonna give me a head start!! tho i know its gonna be alot different!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jayjames, I think being a wakeboarder will help - my niece's OH just took up snowboarding. He's a wakeboarder, and learnt very quickly. I think being a skateboarder helps too - one of my nephews who skateboards a great deal learnt snowboarding in an annoying trice.

They're both brave lads too though, and with a high pain threshold. wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and don't forget you need to add the cost of carriage for your board, and servicing, to get a fair comparison with renting.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Look at this web, seems to be very reasonable priced and at least you can choose the board:

http://www.edge2edge.co.uk/hire.html
http://www.edge2edge.co.uk/snowboard_hire.html

They will deliver to the place you are going to.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ta pam, ive been reading about rocker vs camber.. my head is spinning!

and tom, thanks, thats a good option!

i hope there is still snow when we go!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
when did rocker come out... the 2007 and upwards custom boards ive been looking at on ebay will they have rocker or camber???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Custom would be a good board to learn on. It's mid/high-end in terms of materials, but it has a medium (rather than a stiff) flex and therefore would be fine to learn and then progress on.

Your wakeboard experience will help a lot. (Coming from the opposite direction, other than getting up on the damn thing, I find wakeboarding pretty easy).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers,
(yeah getting up can be the tricky bit!)

so has the custom got rocker?? or camber or do they differ from year to year!?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy