Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anbody rented ski's from gal sport pila?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

booked our last trip of the season to pila on the 1st march. has anybody booked ski's with galsport? it's the only shope we could find to prebook through snowbrainer, just wondering where it is?! there is no address and the map on snowbrainer is rubbish!

cheers all!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you staying up in Pila or down in Aosta? I hope you're in Aosta, because Galsport is right next to the bottom gondola station.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cbowls30, GalSport is usually great, they've been totally refurbished this year getting rid of the attached bar (Boo!!!) and seem to have a fair bit of new rental stock in for this season.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi
we're staying up in Pila! sounds like we have made a fatal error! we will be driving a hire car so it's not all bad, we can pick them up in Aosta then head upto the hotel...... would of helped if the map provided by snowbrainer would of been better! it was literally the only ski shop we could find to pre-book, didn't want to just turn up and pay as we have looked in prices for just turning up in other italian resorts and found them to be alot more expensive!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SkiTigger wrote:
cbowls30, GalSport is usually great, they've been totally refurbished this year getting rid of the attached bar (Boo!!!) .

This is bad news. I'm staying in Motel Pila for 2 weeks from 5th March, what am I going to do for a beer after skiing? Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Are you staying in Pila or Aosta as Gal sport is in Aosta and there are plenty of bars to choose from. However if you are in Pila that is another thing you can try your hotel or the irish bar or your hotel!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a beer in the Motel Pila then! I am also there 5th March for one week - see you at the Yeti at the instructors' meeting. No information yet on where I am staying. Hope it's the Motel Pila. Very convenient for the gondola.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are off there n a couple of weeks and get our ski-hire in town but can't remember what the shop is called as carole from pilaski.co.uk sorts it all of for us. Very reasonable price for the whole thing so the hire should be reasonable price as an individual element.

Cancel your ski booking and speak to her to reorganise it more sensibly. If there is anything wrong or you want to change you are looking at a 20min gondola ride each way to sort it out.

Loads of bars and food in Pila. Another vote from me for Yeti.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cbowls30, if you are hiring a car make sure you buy the vda pass if it is for 6 day or more you can get two free days skiing in the other Aosta resorts which are quite accessible form Pila not much more than hour for most.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Robert Hardy, I'll see you before that, we're on the same coach.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't panic. There is also a Gal Sport up at Pila, in the row of shops on the left as you arrive.
6 day Pila pass gives 2 days elsewhere in VdA.
6 day VdA pass costs ~€30 more.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I know this is an old thread - but seeing a Gal Sport are the main Pila representative of the online hire companies - I had to check this out.

I've spotted the shop on street view, confirmed it's still open with the owners and I've had the marker corrected on google maps.

Hope this helps
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy