Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone stayed at Les Lindars in Flaine as part of the UCPA package ? Heard mostly good things but nothing specific. First time with UCPA on 5th March - which is now perhaps a bit of a worry as I'm going to be 41 and having to throw back the years to get used to sharing rooms / bathrooms again.

My missus thinks I'm going through a male menopause and trying to re-find my youth. Firstly, I am still in my youth, and, secondly, I can't afford a Ferrari.

Anyone any views / experience / advice ? Or fancy sharing a twin room (being a sad solo traveller this time)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went last Jan. Its OK, rooms are v basic, but had seperate shower bath toilet in room. no balconies though. Easy access to slopes and ski storage.

There is a nice square outside and englishy type pub called the White bar (or something like that) for some good apres wine/ beer.

food in UCPA is ok, perhaps a little dull after a week. we have been a couple of times with ucpa and we usually make sure we go out one or two nights, but you certainly don have to.
make sure you take in your own wine at mealtimes,its perfectly acceptable.

Just remember that its not luxury, but what you get for the price, its fantastic value i think.

enjoy and report back.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
.... also, remeber to pack a roll of foil in your ski bag to make a nice lunch with the breakfast. yogurts etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Libertine, Thanks for the info. I'm prepared for basic as I was more interested in value for money than spoiling myself. I would hope not to be spending too much time in the rooms as I'm there for some proper ski time - without having to fuss over the OH and kids for once.

I am booked into full time instruction. What times of day do they run lessons ?

I assume then that you help yourself to lunch from the breakfast table ?

I get there quite early on the sat morning. When can you get your skis / lift pass ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was looking at this the other day and thinking it might be quite nice for a long weekend. Will keep you posted.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rishie, I like those long weekends so much that I stretched mine out from Sat to Sat
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I like those long weekends so much that I stretched mine out from Sat to Sat

Cool it's SO much better value to do a whole week!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
damobloke1, I assume then that you help yourself to lunch from the breakfast table

No, you normally ski back to the centre for a hot lunch and then head out for your afternoon session. I thought the food was pretty good for, what is essentially, a posh hostel. Always loads of salad, cheese, fruit as well as the hot options.

If you arrive early they will not let you into the rooms before 5pm (remember that Saturday checkout is 2pm). They will usually open the gear shop for the Saturday arrivals after 5.30pm.

You'll just have to throw your bags in the foyer a wonder around the concrete carbuncle that is Flaine. (It'll take you 2 minutes).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just hope we get decent snow so I don't have to care what the resort looks like.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
damobloke1, was at the Les Linders UCPA for Xmas and NYE. It was pretty good. We booked twin rooms so it was more comfortable but more basic than UCPA Les Arcs. Food was ok but plentyful and it was well placed for the slopes. Drop your bag in the storage, get kitted up and hit the slopes for the afternoon, thats what we did. A tip on lessons. Don't be afraid to swtich group/ level if you're not enjoying it. I didn't really enjoy the off-piste course as there was too much waiting around and not enough board time. Overall Flaine was good though not great. Snow was the 2nd worst I've experienced.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Food is great. Wed night the usually do Raclette.

As mentioned you ski back for hot food (lunch) or just prepare sandwiches during breakfast and take to the slopes (nice french baguette/ham/cheese/etc).

Great location

Bedroom is basic, but who cares...you just use it for shower/sleep.

Def. recommend. Went there in 2009.

Trying to find a decent deal for La Rosiere (12/13Mar)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
redbaron51, Thanks. I'm looking forward to it and basic for a guy travelling on his own is fine by me. Incidentally, I've been to La Rosiere a few times with the kids and OH. You going alone or with family ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy