Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

rucksack or not when skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Funniest sound I ever heard was an Italian guy stuck to a chairlift by his rucksuck in Cirvinia.

Must be something about the Cervinia lifts. I was there on Sunday and got caught with a backpack strap but ripped it away quickly. My fault as I was moving off after a stop and didn't bother to do the waist strap up (or my boots or helmet). The clip at the end got stuck under the seat and the first I knew was when I stood up to get off the lift and only got a few inches away. I pulled hard the strap ripped away from the bag. Lucky escape.

Saw a chap suspended by his backpack in France last year. Was tremendously funny as he had one of those big off-piste explorer bags and was suspended by the bottom of the bag. How he managed to get the bar down I will never know as his backpack was enormous.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
excellent thanks for the feedback

think i will skip the rucksack for now- and will see if its worth buying one after my first holl Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A good decision in my view. You will find lifts and chairs challenging enougfh at first without the risk of "hang-ups". The only thing you need to carry really is money!

snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A spare pair of gloves is a good idea. If you fall over much they get wet and large numbers of gloves get dropped from chairlifts (a friend of mine skied down under a lift and picked up 9, though only two made a pair).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
...or buy decent gloves. £50 gloves with removable inners, better value than 2 x £30 gloves.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mugen wrote:
also keeps your back warm..

Wear more clothes then... makes your back very sweaty as your expensive breathable jacket doesn't breathe through a pack.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would definitely recommend carrying hydration with you on your first trip, which inevitably means a bottle/ bladder in a rucksack. Because your first few days will be spent snowploughing everywhere, and exercising for 6 hours a day (which you are unlikely to be used to), you will become quickly dehydrated and your muscles will hurt even more.

The alternative it to pop into a restaurant every hour or two, but with water being up to 5 euros a bottle and beer 10 euros a pint, this will quickly become very expensive. Besides, your first few days (I presume) will be in lessons. You'll be leaving your backpack (and ski poles) to one side and will never be too far from them!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As a beginner, I wouldn't. Too tempting to stuff it full of stuff you won't need which will tire you out even more.

But I ski with one all day unless heading into the park. I like having snacks and water on hand.

Edit - On my 2nd holiday, my strap got caught in a Tbar in Austria, dragging me into a solid wall of ice, was not fun unless you were watching!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Having wife and 8 year old in tow i find carrying a rucksack a must, also as we do all our skiing state side it is great to take lunch with you and just go into the service stations (restaraunts) grab a table with all the other packed lunchers and not worry about spending lots of $$$$. also have hydration and you can re fill with water foc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy