Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bottling it

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
daehwons wrote:
rustinpeace has only posted 2 times and didn't say having lessons was out

No.... BUT has ignored all the suggestions of lessons, but picked up on the idea of trying snowblades...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and he said he already had cracked the problem of keeping his weight forward on his skis. That's pretty exceptional, after a few weeks; I wouldn't like to say I have!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
James the Last wrote:
daehwons wrote:
rustinpeace has only posted 2 times and didn't say having lessons was out

No.... BUT has ignored all the suggestions of lessons, but picked up on the idea of trying snowblades...

in that case scrap all advice

now redirect to the helmet thread at least Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
c0Ka|Ne, totally agree. That's how I got more confidence on steep slopes. A good positive pole plant down the hill works wonders. By getting your body facing down the hill you have more control, not less. But you're best going on a private lesson (saves a lot of time over group lessons) and get them to teach you how to do it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a trick I've tried using and it does seem to work - when going down inclines, one of the problems with bottling is that you see reference points all around you - ie trees and buildings and they make you very aware of the pitch. So, the idea is to try and block out these visual clues. Once you've done that, (and this is the trickier bit) tell yourself that the slope is flat and imagine that the speed is being caused by a motor (ie, like a car). If you can trick yourself into just imagining the slope flat, it does make you lean forward. I can do it - trying to continues as the gradient steepens is quite hard but it can take your mind off panic mode. The guy who invented this crazy technique is on this site somewhere - he's posted a video on the subject. I'll see if I can find!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oops, wrong link. Here it is.

http://youtube.com/v/o5rgR3dw2Dg&feature=related
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy