Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teacher seeking ski buddy/ies for half term or Easter!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

I'm a 31 yr old female intermediate skier. I was planning a trip for Feb half term (w/c 19th feb)with a ski buddy but unfortunately she can no longer make it...haven't got anything booked as was waiting on her. Anyone up for it? Bit last minute now but would still really like to get on the snow this month. If not, any ideas/takers for Easter? Hols begin 8th April.

Cheers, Anna Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A friend and I are heading out to Les Deux Alpes on the 19th Feb for a week, I'm heading to Tignes for both weeks of the Easter hol 9th - 25th ish on my own. Both are UCPA trips, you'd be welcome to join and would definitely meet loads of others out there. Going on the coach as flights are so expensive. We're both 29 and teachers.

Vicky snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Same, heading down to Flaine UCPA on the 18th Feb. Male 40's. Any one wants to tag along, more than welcome!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi anna, did you arrange to go a ski holiday in the end? Are you about to go to Tignes still vicky?! Im female 32yrs and was going to go with a couple of mates but they couldnt make it in the end, boo... Im still up for going 8th or 9th April for a week somewhere (dont mind where as long as theres snow and not too outrageously priced!) I mainly board but might do the odd day skiiing too (intermediate/all piste levels, 15+yrs).. Im in Edinburgh and would prefer dep from scotland, but would consider flights etc from other places in UK.. Am friendly, like meeting new people, also enjoy a bit of the apres-ski too... I know its a bit last minute but if anyone fancies it zap me an email on wickedywickedywack@hotmail.com ! J Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

Yep I'm still heading to Tignes UCPA in a week and a bit. Google action outdoors and see what you think! Basic but it's friendly, the food's pretty good and it's unbeatable value!! I'm doing an introductory off piste week but there's bound to be loads of people there of all nationalities doing different courses/no course at all, boarders and skiiers. I'm also staying there for the following week doing just half time ski instruction. I'm going on the coach from London to save a bit of cash but you can always sort flights from any airport to Geneva.

It's going to be awesome, PM me if you want more info...

Vicky
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
VWLP, Hi vicky, is this a PM? Im not sure, am newbie to this site!! THanks for the reply....took on board what you said and checked out the UCPA wesite etc...i'd never knew they existed?! Seriously considering it although coming from scotland then taking coach to alps will take me feckin hours, flights also bit expensive but..still v.tempted! I was thinking actually to come 16th/17th and wondering if tignes would still be okay for snow...im assuming so due to height? Trying to check the reports but cant find where it says whether tignes is still fine or not end season.... Also, i dont need hire as got my own stuff and wasnt thinking of getting instruction either..i take it they dont do a cheaper package without those things? I guess if the option of instruction was there i'd take it.. Do u already know any folks who're going? Have u been before? Are they strict about people just staying the 7 nights or could add on some extra nights? Sorry to pester u with qu's! Jennifer x
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jenni, if you're thinking of the 16th, check out the SFaB Families Bash.
(Taking a family isn't compulsory - we have quite a few along who aren't doing so)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Jenni

I've been to Tignes for the last 3 Easters and it's been fine, spring conditions but fine. High up no problems at all, resort and lower runs getting pretty slushy in the afternoons. The Espace Killy is a massive area and there's always been somehere that's fine. There's also been new snow on a fair few occasions.

I'm not sure what they'll be like about adding extra nights on, I know that a couple of people did in Les deux alpes at half term, it's proabably worth ringing action outdoors or e mailing UCPA direct to find out. Don't know anyone else that is going but have done it a couple of times on my own before and always managed to find people to ski (and have a few drinks) with! It looks like they do a week without instruction for slightly cheaper though not much, the instruction has actually always been pretty good including bits of off piste even during "normal" lessons, video feedback, freestyle etc and helps with finding people to ski with at other times.

Let me know if you've got any other questions and I'll do my best!!! snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VWLP, dont know if u got my mail this websites been doing something funny when trying to post.. Just to say i booked les arcs in the end!! Loads cheaper and other poeple also booked on the course from uk.... Have an awesome time in tignes its definitely a 'snowsure' destination! CHeers for your tips an' tricks chica... Toofy Grin J
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy