Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

37 Quid SKi Carriage with Easyjet!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Actually thinking about, over Christmas they took two pairs of skis in a 190 double bag fine - didn't even get charged excess weight like easy did. I'm not gonna risk taking my big skis with them though, although as they live in Innsbruck it shouldn't be a problem anyway.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have always carried my board and my wife's skis in the same bag with Easyjet. It's always just within weight and that's for a 2 week trip. My wife has her own hold luggage but the ruling on only having to pay for the sports bag makes it a winner in my book. Easyjet are my airline of choice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Easyjet are my airline of choice.

Of the budgets, I agree. Still prefer BA when I can afford it though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just got back from italy with Crystal, they charge me £30 ski carriage as they do each year, however this year they charge £30 per set of skis, not per bag, as like a lot of people we put two pairs in one bag if the wife and I are going, when i turned up at manchester the girl asked if i had two pairs in and then charged me an extra £40 !!!

so have now had to pay another £30 for second set of skis next week to Wengen, annoying thing was that at the italian airport they could not care less what the weight was nor how many skis were in the bag !!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
coach, we've been "got" once, a few years ago. We now always pay for 2 ski carriages. Never been checked since in over a dozen hols rolling eyes .
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dude chill out, stop being so cheap and expecting the world owes you something
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
billy_boy_2010, I agree that the OP is just that! However I feel thatcoach, was ripped off! Two sets of skis in a bag should not be a problem if it is under the total weight permitted for sports equipment! After all they claim they need extra monies to offset extra fuel required!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roy Hockley Easyjet don't don't charge for extra pairs of skis. In the case of Crystal I guess they have made a deal with the airline, and made a bet on how much bulk and weight is taken up by the average single pair of skis. Or maybe they just want to make more money - that's up to them. Whatever, there charges for ski carriage are crystal wink clear - so if you choose to travel with them the deal is
Quote:
a cost of £30 per pair of skis/snowboard carried (max one set off skis/board per £30 charge made).The ski & snowboard bag must contain the pair of skis or snowboard only.

If you don't like that, don't choose Crystal.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
achilles, Of course you are right! As always you have to balance up the costs as to what suits you! Make a choice and vote with your feet! TO or DIY these are choices each of us have to make! I tend not to use TO's all that much, that said I did use Crystal last year on one of our holidays to St.A. Paid for ski carriage no problems! I wanted to use a set of my own skis rather than hiring! It was much cheaper! I also like my Race Tiger's! Enjoyed holiday very much! The question as to whether it was value for money or not is relative and not one for now but I enjoyed the holiday and have no complaints! Pay your money and enjoy, after all it is a holiday and we all look forward to those for most of the year!

I do feel that the OP is/was expecting too much! Maybe he has to watch every penny, fair enough take your own skis! Spend the £40 and not hire in resort! There is an alternative but that works out much more than the £40 ski carriage charge!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy