Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski-Lifts (Morzine transfer company) - changing service

Poster: A snowHead
I thought I'd post this up as, it seems like quite a few Snowheads use 'Ski-Lifts' for transfers to Morzine and the surrounding area.

It seems that the company are now starting to run more and more like transfer 'agency', rather than running their own buses - which caused a little bit of confusion on my last trip a couple of weeks back:

I booked a return transfer with 'Ski-Lifts' between Geneva - Avoriaz. So far, so good.

At Geneva airport, having received a call from Ski-Lifts that their driver would be waiting in the arrivals hall, we wandered around looking for someone from Ski-Lifts - but instead was collected by 'Action Transfers'. (Not a problem, but it would have been nice to have been told).

On the return transfer I was picked-up from Avoriaz by 'Skiddy Gonzalez Transfers'. However the driver looked perplexed when I said we were going to Geneva, and he replied that Morzine was as far as we would be going! Confused

As promised, he took us as far as Morzine, before dumping us at the road-side outside the Ski-Lifts office.

More worringly, on going into the office of Ski-Lifts, they seemed to have no idea what was happening, why we had been dropped-off there, who we'd be travelling with for the rest of the journey, or even that we were their customers!

After various phonecalls, we were told to take a seat, and we had to wait for another 40mins before being picked-up by 'Rolling Road Transfers', who thankfully took us all the way to Geneva. Phew....

Anyway, speaking to one of the Ski-Lifts chaps at the office, he told us that they were in the process of cutting down the number of buses they were running and instead were passing on their customers on to third-parties. Now, whilst I don't mind this happening from time to time (most tranfer companies do it occasionally) - it now seems to be the norm for Ski-Lifts. Worse, they don't inform you of the change of carrier.

So my advice, if you choose to use Ski-Lifts, is to check who will be picking you up (so you can look out for the right bus!) and also to check whether you'll be changing buses/companies mid-journey!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
interesting, we just used ski lifts for a morzine to geneva transfer and thought they were excellent in both directions
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jan, don't get me wrong, we've been using them for about 5 years now - and they've always been excellent in the past. However the newly reduced bus fleet seems to make it more of a lucky dip these days.

We spoke to another group at Geneva who seemed to experience similar service from SL- so unfortunately it might not be that uncommon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More and more of the existing 'old-school' transfer companies are starting to operate like agencies. It's their way of trying to compete with our successful low-fare, scheduled airport transfer model.

If you want to avoid any change of vehicles, there's always our www.morzexpress.com service door-2-door, (except Avoriaz, where we drop a the bottom of the Prodains). Permanent Airport Reps on duty every day, 25 Euros (+1.38 Tax) and departures every 45 minutes.

Self-plug I know, but if you want to know who you're being transported with, then we don't subcontract!

Cheers.

Andrew
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just thought I would let you know of myexperience with ski-lifts.com

travel date: 29th Jan 2011
Geneva to Les Saisies

as soon as we arrived at Geneva I recieved a text telling me where to go and how to find them. Then about 15 mins later recieved a call on my mobile from them (English speaking), to ask if I knew where to go etc.

We found them and they took us, as we had asked to Sallanches supermarket at no extra charge and nothing was a bother.

The only "problem" we encountered (if you could call it that), was that on the day before return we recieved a text telling us they would be picking us up at 5.30 and our flight was at 9pm. check in opened at 7pm so I wanted to be there for the opening as (as we found out) Geneva is a complete nightmare on easyjet flights with everey flight being ushered into 1 line and altough was quite well organised, if you had of been cutting your flight time fine, you would be in trouble!

Anyway, I asked if they could pick us up at 4pm but they said it wouldnt be possible and they could only make 5pm. so a compromise was made and we decided to go in the pool at the hotel to kill som time. at 4pm one of the reception staff come to tell me my taxi was here (the kids were still in their bathers!) anyway, again, nothing was a bother, the driver just said he had made it sooner than planned and there was no hurry. I never felt under any pressure and felt we had excellent service and would definitly use them again. I found them excellent value for money and the best thing was (for us anyway lol) that English was their first language which meant we didnt have to inflict our "pigeon french" on them lol.

all in all a great service.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ Polo... I guess you booked a 'private transfer' rather than 'abj' who seems to have booked a shared one.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chamexpress wrote:
@ Polo... I guess you booked a 'private transfer' rather than 'abj' who seems to have booked a shared one.

Exactly.

I should make it clear, that I've always found the ski-lifts drivers courteous and professional. The problem in this case was that I never actually ended-up travelling with a Ski-Lifts driver. Instead I was off-loaded to 3 different transfer companies!

The SL emplyee we spoke was quite candid about the fact they were doing more and more sub-contracting for the shared-transfers, and are reducing the number of buses they run.

My post wasn't meant to be a big moan about them - instead it was meant to be a bit of a heads-up to fellow snowheads that the terms of their service seems to be changing.

Chamexpress, I'll certainly bear you in mind next time round. Cheers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chamexpress, you don't need an @ this isn't Twitter wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
abj, Thanks for the heads up. My sister is using them next week for a shared transfer to Les Gets and I have alerted her that they may subcontract to another company.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski Lifts have been doing this more and more for a number of years, especially during the week and if you book "shared" transfers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seems like lots of them are doing this. The good thing is it makes for hardly any waiting about. I booked with Skiidy Gonzalez (geneva to Flaine) and ended up going with ski lifts one way and skiidy gonzalez return. Last trip I booked with ski lifts and someone else took us to Morzine and ski lifts did the return leg. No more than 10 mins waiting at the airport for both trips and both were shared transfers.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

The good thing is it makes for hardly any waiting about

Except when you're picked-up, driven 20mins down the road, dumped at the roadside in the middle of Morzine to wait for a second transfer company, who no-one (including Ski Lifts) knows the name of or when they'll be arriving! Sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After several seasons travelling to and from Morzine-Avoriaz I have finally opted "sans regret" for private transfers. Totally sick of being fobbed off with excuses of why my 30 minute wait at the airport is now 1hr, scruffy drivers who don't speak a word of French, drivers who know very little about the resort (and even getting lost!) and drivers who seem have to have little knowledge of the French highway code! The final straw was last year opting for a "25€ seat" which turned out to be 28€ HT. For those who don't know, the letters HT mean hors taxe/ex VAT so you can add on 7% again to the price! Granted for a couple or sole traveller the shared transfer option is financially sound, however for families and groups of four or more the private transfer is far better value for money. Three years ago we discovered Taxi Morzine run by a lovelyanglo-french couple who have quite simply got it right! Efficient, in-the-know, great value and with the added bonus of picking us up in front of arrivals as they are a licensed taxi company! No more trekking down to the railway station to find our minibus! Jo runs Taxi Morzine with her wonderful husband and I would highly recommend them to anybody. www.taxi-morzine.com
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Subtle
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Exactly the same happened to us last week but with Rolling Road. When we arrived at Geneva we couldnt find anyone from Rolling Road and there were lots of people with boards outside arrivals. Eventually we met someone from the company (after quite a bit of walking around asking people) who showed us to a guy with a board who actually worked for the Mountain Bus Company. Given, this guy had a board bearing the booking name, but considering the name is very common (think top two in the uk) and the company showed no reference to Rolling Road. It would have been nice if either we had been contacted beforehand to say we would be collected by another company or the board said 'on behalf of Rolling Road'. I dont think thats too much to ask.

The collection was fine on the way home and the weeks skiing was great. All's well that ends well.
ski holidays
It is quite common for Transfer companies to swap bookings especially in the PDS and GM areas where they all get on quite well and if you've booked a shared transfer makes a lot of sense for them and also often makes it quicker for the passengers too.

The alternative being that a bus could end up going back to resort empty (carbon footprint whoes and think of the kittens) whilst the passenger waits for a bus of the company to get to the airport to pick them up...... usually when you book you accept that you may have to wait for upto 90minutes to depart so as opposed to send an empty bus to get you they will stretch it out so they go to the airport full as well.

As always the answer if you don't want to wait is to book a private transfer and they will be there ready and waiting for you as you come through the gates.
latest report
I would recommend staying away from Rolling Road
Having booked ahead and payed by card I had to change my flight
I called to change my transfer to match the new flight time.
Having waited an hour at the airport I was transferred to PdS and promptly charged another 40 Euros so they kept all the money from the original booking despite having 7 customers in their 8 seat bus - I checked

On the return leg they seemed perfectly happy to run a bus with 7 customers
Just plain greedy!
snow report
We had two separate sets of friends to stay last week and they both used Ski Lifts and were quite happy with the service. Both times the vans that turned up with them and then to collect them to go back to the airport said Getaway Vans and then had a big sticker in the back saying something like Working with Ski Lifts. It was about 60 or 70 euros return for each passenger to Les Gets and back to GVA. The first chap to arrive was told on arrival that there would be a half hour delay to wait for another flight and he was given a voucher to get coffee and wasn't bothered by the delay. Both parties received a text message the day before their return to confirm what the pick up time would be and it all happened to schedule.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy