Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ever ski film?

Poster: A snowHead
My fave is "Blizzard of Aaaahs" - awesome.

Badly parodied by the spoof "Lizard of Lard" in Morzine (1989).

What's yours?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Lizard of Lard
I dont recall making that one.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the start of tonights bond film
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CANV CANVINGTON, agreed!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've not seen too many but I like "Soul Sessions and Epic Impressions". I tend to watch it just before the start of each season to get me in the mood.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Blizzard of Aaaahs for me too. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Extreme Ski Techniques (with Scott Schmidt) is the one I have I rewatch most.
(I do have the Blizz)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Blizzard of Aaaah's sometimes have it on when working out in the Gym.
Although it's begining to be a bit dated now. (The video, not the workout!)

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 2-07-05 9:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, a little dated, yes, but working it's way into the late night "guess the year by the clothing" game.

I think the Blizz has a sequence of Mike Hattrup ripping some nice slushy bumps that has been an inspiration and an aid to visualisation ever since I first saw it.

Another fine epic is "Global Storming" - not quite so dated...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agree with David Murdoch, loved the shots of Chamonix and of course Plake wiping out in the fence which they cut...!!

I will be interested to see the new Warren Miller film as they were shooting some of it in the Bernese Oberland and we watched them jump a few things...!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT, I was in Verbier when Plake, Hattrup, et al. were filming something. We thought we were quite the thing skiing off the back of Mont Fort until we saw the tracks those guys were laying down. Truly incredible what they were dropping in to. Not just the gradient but the air they took on the way in!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One of my favourite sections on a movie is from Groove Requiem, it's the bit up in Valdez with Seal "Crazy" as the backing track. Scot Schmidt is of course a fantastic skier but the boarder, Dan Donnelly, looks incredible, he makes it so very effortless. It was a large part of the reason I took up boarding really, culminating in a fantastic day with a guide in VdI riding deep powder with, what I hoped, were the same high speed ,fluid turns (in my dreams) Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ise, ayeee yes, indeedy!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ise, Must dig it out, I had forgotten all about it snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch,

Yes, I watched two rivals film crews doing the jumps and actually filmed JP Auclair, I think, doing about 90ft off a cliff. I think it was Auclair as the Wareen Miller crew said the French Canadians were in town and they did really mental things. And the Miller crew had Mckonkey and Morrison etc in their team...!!!!

These guys are in a completely different world and there were crazy tracks everywhere that week, if a route had a vantage point then they would track it....!!! Obviously, they were just the ones we saw....!!!
snow conditions
JT, mighty cool. One would need to take the Slush'n'rubble ability scale logarithmic to deal with these guys. Quite incredible.
snow conditions
David Murdoch,

Yes, and I will be buying the film when it comes out. They didn't have a working title, they just said the new Warren Miller..
ski holidays
Fistful of Moguls
snow report
Focused or Session 1242.

Anything with pollard or seth usually rocks
snow report
Anything with Jeremy Nobis on an Alaskan face Shocked
ski holidays
Actually, I will watch most things with skiing in it...
latest report
Links to a few new film teasers, usual warning about size of files etc.

http://www.tetongravity.com/td/tdTrailer.php
http://shop.extremevideo.fi/PublishedService?file=page&pageID=9&pid=1440
http://www.meatheadfilms.com/index.php
https://www.skimovie.com/wwwx/home.asp
http://www.theory-3.com/images_videos/SafetyMeetingTheory-3.mp4
http://www.poorboyz.com/

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 8-07-05 13:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
that first one has a prime example of Nobis on an Alaskan face (just after the music really kicks in) Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy