Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which goggle and lens for Feb & April skiing? :S Good price:performance ratio?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Trying to get some goggles- going to switzerland in a week. Also going to Les arcs end march/early april.

Am i likely to find a goggle thats suitable for both tasks? Im not going to be going at 100mph and i dont particularly suffer from bright light.

I know i need to try lots on- which i have done- and sods law- the Oakley Splice

http://www.snowandrock.com/oakley-splice-goggle-canary/blue-iridium/goggles/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/15063

Was the most comfortable :s

Its a hell of a lot to pay for goggles though :S

Is the Persimmon lens sufficient for my needs?

Light/lens info here:

http://www.freezeproshop.com/oakley-lens-guide.irs

I guess i should really just spend £50 or so really- anyone know of any goggles that offer an excellent price:performance balance??? Smile

I am a bit of a poser- but can cope without £130 goggles for now! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you wear goggles all the time, or just when it's cold? Are you able to ski/board with sunglasses?

I use yellow lensed goggles all the time, except sunglasses in bright sunshine when stopped or cruising.

I find that if it's bright sunshine it's warm and ok for sunglasses, but otherwise it's low/flat light and I need yellow lenses. I stopped using dark orange goggles yonks ago.

But, that's just me. Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
First holiday dude so i cant really say.....all been on the dry stuff so far

I would imagine i would wear goggles most of the time- i will probably be falling off a lot so should prob go for the goggles!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A persimmon lens may be good to start with, but I'd stick to <£50 if this is your first set. If you're falling over a bit then they can get cracked (whether on face or in pocket). Always have them on you - even if it looks like a fine day. But take sunglasses too for when you really need to blot out the sunlight.

You need to be able to see hazards at speed. It's better to look cool because you can see and avoid hazardous ice, ruts, or edges, than to break a leg and look smart on the stretcher.

Make sure the goggles have a double lens.

Goggles are a critical tool for the job. It's your sunglasses you'll be seen in when you're sipping a vin chaud on the veranda. So if you're going to splash out, do it on the sunglasses.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmmm- i guess i will have to try some goggles out when i have bought my helmet!

I have heard the twin lens is important

I have some pimp aviators although they are probably not quite in keeping with the ski theme :S lol
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"anyone know of any goggles that offer an excellent price:performance balance???" Bolle Nova with modulator lenses - under £50 ,seen them on ebay for under £25 ,modulator good for most light conditions.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

i guess i will have to try some goggles out when i have bought my helmet!

billy_boy_2010, yes, that's important - they don't all fit together well. I wear the same goggles all the time - and I ski a lot throughout the season. They are Bollé and cost me about 40 euros three years ago. It's good to have a double lens, to cut down fogging, but most goggles except the very, very, cheap ones have double lenses. Mine don't fog up.

My lenses are orange - can't remember the "proper name" of the colour. I am willing to pay big money to get my boots right, but not for goggles!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have Anon Helix goggles. Great value and I got two lenses with mine..

http://www.freezeproshop.com/anon-helix-goggles-black-with-amber.ir?cName=brand-anon-anon-helix-goggles
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Orange (Persimmon in Oakleyspeak) are good all-rounders. You can ski in any conditions with them. Look around at the locals on the slopes. They all have orange lenses coz they're cheap and they do the job. Generally if you spend more than £30 or so on goggles they should do the job (as above make sure they have double lenses).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
HenryL wrote:
I have Anon Helix goggles. Great value and I got two lenses with mine..

http://www.freezeproshop.com/anon-helix-goggles-black-with-amber.ir?cName=brand-anon-anon-helix-goggles

seconded... my opinion best £50 googles by far!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you are buying a helmet - make sure the googles fit the helmet
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy